Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:03:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: MERCS Minis USCR models  (Read 2350 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
MERCS Minis USCR models
« on: August 23, 2010, 02:47:54 AM »
Here's a shot of some of the newest MERCS Minis models. I need to do basing work yet, but I painted this up just for the review that I'll be posting before this coming week is out. The biggest one is wicked cool, definitely one of my favs.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
Re: MERCS Minis USCR models
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 06:51:13 AM »
Very nice. I like the grime, it gives the armor a more "lived in" apperance.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 08:39:11 AM »
Aren't these pricey? PJs make them look like that pre-painted Heroscape $9-a-set crap.
 :-I
Maybe it was the regular troops I liked? ???

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »
I don't like these as much as the other models they've done, but that doesn't matter too much as the price really puts me off. 10 dollars (£6) for one mini plus postage plus insane import tax? No thanks

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:09:42 PM »
These latest offerings from Merc miniatures are very disappointing.  Their first releases were much better.  These USCR figures just seem out of place.  I guess since they are "Russian" they have to be larger and more crude.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 02:35:14 PM »
These latest offerings from Merc miniatures are very disappointing.  Their first releases were much better.  These USCR figures just seem out of place.  I guess since they are "Russian" they have to be larger and more crude.

That's it too, they're meant to be heavily armored.

The Yellowjackets set the bar, and they're a tough act to follow. That's the problem more than anything, because every single one of those models are exceptional. The KemVar followed and are very nice, but not quite as nice as the yellowjackets. The USCR are models "I" like, but are still not models nicer than the yellowjackets. Although I must admit, the biggest model from the USCR is really nice, and I think is equally as nice as any of the yellowjackets/CCC faction models. I have a few of the new FCC faction models too that I'm in the middle of painting up, and they don't look to topple the yellowjackets anytime soon either. They're nice models too, but I think they might have set the bar too high with the Yellowjackets/CCC Squad.

More than anything I think they're finding that it's hard getting lightning to strike twice. Although in terms of popularity, from what I understand all of the models are selling quite well, and they had a really successful Gen Con with all of the MERCS models. Once they get the rulebook out there, we'll really see how well it goes over. At present the free rules are available, and the cards sets can be purchased from MERCS Minis direct to play the game as it stands.

I have the cards, but haven't had time to dig into the game yet. From what I've seen it's quite interesting, because the cards double as templates used to determine movements and range,
which is a unique concept.