Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:10:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: MERCS Minis USCR Faction Models Review  (Read 2469 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
MERCS Minis USCR Faction Models Review
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:50:15 PM »
Today I posted an in-depth review of the USCR Faction Models from MERCS Minis. Below is a little preview of the article, with the link below it...

MERCS Minis burst on to the scene with some really impressive models when they released the Yellow Jackets initially. It's been a while since the release of the 2nd faction the Kem Var, but just last month at Gen Con the MERCS Minis crew finally came through with the latest models. Today I'm here to introduce you all to the USCR faction models from MERCS Minis.

USCR Commissar

First up is the Commissar model. This is essentially the leader of the squad. The model itself is a single piece casting, so there's no assembly to speak of, aside from gluing the model to its 30mm round lipped display base. Clean up isn't very involved either, as there was a couple of mold lines to tend to, but that's it.

He's advertised as being 32mm tall, and these are quite bulky models. Actually these are the largest models they've created so far, as they're all wearing some really thick and bulky looking armor. Quite frankly, these guys look tough as nails!

Btw, that's the Behemoth pictured, not the Commissar.

http://wargameguru.weebly.com/review---mercs-minis-uscr-models.html

Offline Viper

• Mad Scientist
  • Sunny Scotland
Re: MERCS Minis USCR Faction Models Review
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:43:31 PM »
Another very good review.
 :)

I really like the armour but I'm not a huge fan of how the smaller members of the force are posed, especially when you see them next to the Behemoth which shows just how much movement and character you can get out of a model even in a bulky suit of very heavy armour.

I'm quite a fan of russian/soviet tanks so I can echo a lot of your comments on the armour from the plane perspective, it looks very military and functional, designed to do a job and do it well.

I can think of a few uses for the Behemoth in addition to the Mercs game, from a heavily armed AE Bounty character, to a power suited hero or villian for a superhero setting, not to mention with a little work and the right paint scheme you could quite happily send him back to Weird World War or even further into Victorian Scifi.

Naturally you could do the same with any of the figures, but the effect of the Behemoth's pose is huge.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Wha daur meddle wi' me?

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Re: MERCS Minis USCR Faction Models Review
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 07:02:54 PM »
Another very good review.
 :)

I really like the armour but I'm not a huge fan of how the smaller members of the force are posed, especially when you see them next to the Behemoth which shows just how much movement and character you can get out of a model even in a bulky suit of very heavy armour.

I'm quite a fan of russian/soviet tanks so I can echo a lot of your comments on the armour from the plane perspective, it looks very military and functional, designed to do a job and do it well.

I can think of a few uses for the Behemoth in addition to the Mercs game, from a heavily armed AE Bounty character, to a power suited hero or villian for a superhero setting, not to mention with a little work and the right paint scheme you could quite happily send him back to Weird World War or even further into Victorian Scifi.

Naturally you could do the same with any of the figures, but the effect of the Behemoth's pose is huge.

He really does stand out the most from all of those models, he's my fav too.