Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690586
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - Witchhunters and more released (10/02)  (Read 187364 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - Proper halfling greens (31/8)
« Reply #435 on: September 20, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
I'll have to look out for those girl-minis.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - More Sea Elf greens (21/9)
« Reply #436 on: September 21, 2013, 06:58:01 PM »
Another update on the Sea Elves. The greens for sets 1-3 have been mastermoulded. Once I get the castings back, I can check for moulding damage and see if anything else is required before they can go into a productionmould.

I also have new greens to show, being all of set 4 (handweapons) and 3/5 of set 3 (kneeling crossbows).

Set 4: Sea Elves with handweapons. These will use the hands with the axes from set 1 (not shown). As usual, 4 males and one female.

I like this one a lot, he could be used as a champion too.

The female one. She thinks she's a pirate. Arrrrrr.

Set 5 (60% of it). Kneeling crossbow poses (the bow is a separate part and not shown here).

Offline TheShadow

• Scientist
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - More Sea Elf greens (21/9)
« Reply #437 on: September 21, 2013, 10:31:35 PM »
I like those, can see me using them in legend if the high seas...like I've not got enough to be going on with !!
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"
"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay.... The Shadow knows!"

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - More halfling greens (16/11)
« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2013, 10:01:44 PM »
Two more sets for the upcoming reboot of the halfling range, these are singlepart figures in the vein of the classic figures of the past. Sculpted by Juan Montaņo. These are character sets to add some variation to the units by introducing some different poses. Apologies for the bad pics, I didn't have my camera and it was dark.

Halfling spears. As a special touch, one of these is eating, while another (5th) is falling asleep against his spear.

Halfling swords. Noteworthy features are the drinker (1st) and the buttscratcher (2nd):

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Now I could have left it at the vanilla knights and that would have been fine, but I had a hankering for creating a couple variant knightly orders, with their own heraldry and alternate weapon options. So the next release will be these 3 additional knightly orders, one of which will be an all new kit and two will be upgrades to be combined with the existing bodies.

I should apologise for the bad picture quality. I didn't have my camera, light was bad and I only had a short time before posting them to the mouldmaker for mastermoulding.

You can see most of it in this picture, except for one separate visor, a separate beard and an alternate pose for the hammer and morning star arm options.

1) The Order of the Great Bear, aka the Templar Knights of Ursa Major.

The set includes 4 templar bodies, armed with big hammers and wearing large bear pelts, a champion of the Order, a musician and a standard arm that fits on the trooper bodies. The bodies are also compatible with the lances from the generic knights.

Knights of the Great Bear. Each knight templar wears a heavy bear pelt and a helmet with bear heraldry:

Champion of Ursa Major. His characterful head bears the scars of many wars and conflicts.

Order of the Great Bear musician.

An extreme close-up at the standard top. Keep in mind this view is magnified many times and it's quite small in real life:

2) The Order of the White Boar

This one's a secular knightly order. The set contains 5 boar themed heads, including a new visor for the open helmet, morningstar weapon upgrades and 4 new shields. There are already bits to make the command for this order included in the generic command set, so none were required now.

3) The Order of the Raven, Templar Knights of the God of Death

This set contains 6 Raven/skull themed helmets, including a skullfaced visor for the open helmet, scythe arm upgrades, 4 themed shields, a standard for the standardbearer and new helmet tops for the champion and musician heads in the generic command set.

My favourite head from this lot, a tribute to the old Battlemasters lord figures (MB):

The helmets (third one comes with a separate beard, last one comes with a separate helmet top for casting):

These helmet tops are alternatives for the musician and champion head in the generic command set. The extra shield is for the champion:

The Boar and Ravenskull shields:

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Absolutely beautiful - very cute details.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
The Vanilla Knights were awesome, but this 2nd wave is ...... phenomenal ..! Excellent, excellent work  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Stunning!
 :-*

It is all the littel extra touches to give them character that take them to the next level.
 8)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Dwarfs and halflings need those little characterful touches IMO.  :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Dwarfs and halflings need those little characterful touches IMO.  :)

I agree, although I would include most miniatures as needing character. One of the strong points of your WONDERFUL creations is the amount of personality each piece possesses..it's the thing that I find most charming about your work. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
These look great, especially the Boar knights  :-*

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: WK's Renaissance fantasy project - Human gunner with hackbut added (19/11)
« Reply #446 on: November 19, 2013, 08:22:16 AM »
It would seem more and more human figures are creeping in the range. Coming soon will be this excellent landsknecht cannoneer firing a large hackbut, sculpted by Brother Vinni.

The more perceptive of you will recognise this model as having been available from his site for a short time, but which has since gone OOP. It is now getting a second lease on life. Because some figures are just too good to stay dead.

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #447 on: November 19, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »
It would seem more and more human figures are creeping in the range. Coming soon will be this excellent landsknecht cannoneer firing a large hackbut, sculpted by Brother Vinni.

The more perceptive of you will recognise this model as having been available from his site for a short time, but which has since gone OOP. It is now getting a second lease on life. Because some figures are just too good to stay dead.

are you the Devil sir?
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
« Reply #448 on: November 19, 2013, 11:57:54 AM »
And now that you have raised it from the grave - do a dwarf version, please :)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #449 on: November 19, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »
are you the Devil sir?

You know you want... no, NEED these.  :D

And now that you have raised it from the grave - do a dwarf version, please :)

That is on the list.  ;)