Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697729
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord Savage North Koborlas (Wolves) Models...  (Read 2698 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Warlord Savage North Koborlas (Wolves) Models...
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:17:36 AM »
I've been working on a review of Warlord Savage North, and so far it's been fun, and I'm almost done with my Koborlas faction models. I've been playing with them in various stages of work in progress up until now, and tonight I finished off all but one model for my army.

Here's what they're starting to look like. I just primed the last one earlier, so I hope to have him done over the next day or so. I tried to make each one unique, instead of painting them all the same fur color too. I like this faction because they look like werewolves, but in Warlord they make it clear that they're not werewolves at all. What ever, they're pretty nice models that look like fantasy werewolves.

These are essentially the same models from Warlord 2nd Edition, but in Savage North there's a new faction of Koborlas, and they use existing models, plus they're releasing new ones as well to complete the new force. Like most Reaper models, these are also fun to paint, and they're nice sculpts. They're also quite large, as those are the bigger square bases that they're sitting on too.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Warlord Savage North Koborlas (Wolves) Models...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 01:32:11 PM »
VERY NICE LOOKING Lupine Lads! I like your color choices & the minis ROCK! What do you have planned for the bases?
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:51 PM »
VERY NICE LOOKING Lupine Lads! I like your color choices & the minis ROCK! What do you have planned for the bases?

I have a standard mix of balasts and sands that are earthy that I usually use for most basing, and then I toss some small clumps of model RR bushes in the mix usually. I don't go nuts with basing, I don't usually have the time.

I haven't done much with them since the review, since I'm always switching gears to the next project too.

Thanks for the comments, I really like the models too. There's a few others I don't have that are equally as nice as well. Reaper makes so many nice models that it's next to impossible to get everyone a person likes. lol

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 01:16:28 PM »
I'm rather fond of Reaper's minis myself; there are just SO MANY that I NEED & will never get to do...c'est la vie, eh?! The outstanding part of Reaper's stuff is that the have a horde of talented sculptors each with their own unique style; ergo, there's virtually no taste in minis that can't find something of interest.
Thanks again for sharing your fine work.

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 02:25:06 PM »
Hmhmmm, I like those models.  They look like the Hordes skinwalkers (or something like that, the Orboros fellas) but not `over the top` with armour and the likes

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 02:59:15 AM »
Hmhmmm, I like those models.  They look like the Hordes skinwalkers (or something like that, the Orboros fellas) but not `over the top` with armour and the likes

I think these are much bigger tho, as the PP ones I'm pretty sure are smaller models on 30mm bases, these are on 40mm square bases, and almost the size of a medium or small warjack.