Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What else can British Indian Mutiny figs be used for?  (Read 2097 times)

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
What else can British Indian Mutiny figs be used for?
« on: November 04, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »
I am beginning to invest in the Muntineer range and plan on doing some Indian Mutiny gaming, but am wondering what else the figs might be useful for. Obviously they can be used for NWF and NEF games set in that same period, and perhaps "what-ifs" in China and Persia as I recently read that some of the troops were transferred to India from there.

I have a decent -sized darkest Africa collection. Could they be used for the Cape wars? Any other imaginative pseudo-historical ideas?

Thanks

AX

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Re: What else can British Indian Mutiny figs be used for?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »

I can't see why not, historically there's been a lot of movement of our Indian cousins around the British Empire and South Africa is no exception. I've a chum who's father originated from RSA who's family can be traced through the old Army Lists to having originated in turn from India.

What does spring to mind is 19th century piracy around Malaya, etc, and also the White Rajah of Sarawak - plenty of scope for adventure there. Although that might appear to be uniquely nautical, there's no reason why you couldn't have land/town/fort raids.  8)

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
If you mean historical campaigns your options are rather limited and it depends on just what uniform style the figures are in. The Mutiny is a bit of a one off although bits and bobs are useful elsewhere.

The boat coat and wound puggaree or covered forage caps types would be suitable for the failed 1858 China Expedition, beyond that for 1860 you want chaps in undress serge frocks and wicker helmets.

If you have ones with shell jackets and the covered forage cap, then they would stand in for the Second Burma War (1852)and you could possibly use them as Bombay Europeans in the 1857 Persian expedition. aFor highlanders you need double breasted doublets if you want to be accurate.

A lot depends on how anal you are about these things.

Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
Isn't there a large continent south of India, a bit east of Africa - and Madagascar - and west of Australia where they can be of use?  Lots of trouble down that way, especially since the discovery of those fabulous jewel mines.

FifteensAway casting off