Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:41:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1st game and a few questions.  (Read 2245 times)

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
1st game and a few questions.
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »
Had our first two games yesterday, and had a great time. Threshold win both games, but one agent crippled and another suffering from amnesia. A few questions after a good read of the rules;
1. p27 Demolitionist refers to running out of dynamite- how do you run out?
2. When using dynamite and you roll a one, do you place the template on the poor slob, possibly damaging others, or do you just roll to wound the thrower?
3. Are human lurkers affected by other lurkers that cause fear or terror? "I can't believe George summoned that! Must have got his syllables screwed up?"
4. In the demon summoning scenarios, if lurkers fail their resolve test when attempting suicide do they roll on the insanity table, or just treat it as a failed action?
Thanks for your effort on this game. Just what we were looking for- simple to play but with a lot of depth for campaign play. My buddy went home and right to the internet to shop for figures.
Mike D

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
Re: 1st game and a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 11:51:57 PM »
Can answer 2 and 4 for you.

No.2 you use template as normal. I rolled a one in a game last week when playing a VUK game and killed the dynamite holder and a cultist with a rifle standing ever to close.

No.3 yes they are effected by other lurkers that cuse fear and terror and hideous, you can get by this by  Plot Points and buying Drug Grazed.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: 1st game and a few questions.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »
Lets get stuck in...

1. Once you roll a 1, not only do you blow yourself (and your friends...) up but the dynamite is lost and must be re-equipped once you get the chance. Clarification is needed in the rules for sure...
2. Always place that template...
3. All Human Lurkers are affected. Can be a little tricky if you are using Cultists and a Mummy in the same list. And Jnr is correct, Drug Crazed can be a great Plot Point to get around this. Also, key Humans can be given the skills Rugged and Fearless...
4. Gotta roll on the Insanity Table. Cultist looks down at the knife and thinks, "What am I doing? I have so much to live for! I'm afraid...and confused".

Thanx for your questions and glad you like it!