Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: a couple of questions about rules...  (Read 2471 times)

Offline doomtube

• Schoolboy
a couple of questions about rules...
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Okay so I downloaded the 'quick start' rules and have read through them a few times. I have 2 (possibly stupidly simple to answer) questions with regards to them:

1)I can find no other reference to 'points' other than on page 6 where it talks about a normal squad having 15 but the introductory squad only having 10. What are these points, and do they appear on the lurker/threshold sheets anywhere?

2)The Command skill. I am not sure what this is and how it works! I see it says the figure using the command skill can 'nominate' other figures but what soes this mean and what does it achieve?

I imagine the answers are fairly obvious...

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Re: a couple of questions about rules...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:33:30 PM »
I'll see if I can help...

1) the point refer to the build point value of your team.  A starting team is 15 points (for models and equipment).  I don't have the rulebook in front of me but certain figures are a certain point value and can be upgraded by spending additional points on weapons and more skills up to 15 points. 

So you could invest in a bunch of low skilled models or a few heavily skilled and equipped ones.

2) The most important figure is your character figure because he is your leader, has the Command Skill, and your team is lost when he dies.

Normally your team only receives one model activation per turn.  Your Character with Command allows you to activate 2 additional figures per turn.  So a team with COmmand can mover three models total per turn (including the Character).  Lurkers teams are often outmatched without a similar leader type figure of their own and quickly learn their neccessity.

Hope that helps some.
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline doomtube

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
CHEERS!! i was getting worried no one was ever going to help me out!
So I take it that the points system relates to the actual Strange Aeons figures? does the full rule set contain a way of assigning points to non Strange Aeon figures?
With reguards to the command skill, I had another look through the 'quick start' rules and it's doesn't contain this information on the leader figure, in fact I don't think it contains anything about only being able to move on model per turn...

I'm thinking i'm gonna have to order the proper rule set, if only I could get them here in the UK!

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »
hi doomtube,

there's only points listed for the agents,monsters  and equipment in the rules, no points building system; but there are a lot of options in the rules.

in the proper rules you get to activate 2 figures a turn, if one has command it can use that to get a 'bonus' figure activated as well, it's even possible to activate a figure with command, use that figures command skill to activate another etc in a kind of evil waterfall of activations.

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »
Just to clarify on your points question Doomtube, points values are provided for three different "levels" of Threshold model and a wide variety of Lurkers, which we intentionally kept as generic as possible.  Equipment and gear, which you add as you see fit, costs additional points, allowing for a considerable degree of customization.  There's no requirement whatsoever that you use the actual Strange Aeons models - if you have a fishy looking bloke or tentacled blob in the gaming cabinet that look the part, go for it, so long as you and your opponent agree on what profile each figure you put on the table represents.