Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686591
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Our New Multipart 28mm Modern Civilians- On Sale  (Read 9095 times)

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
Re: Our New Multipart 28mm Modern Civilians
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »
Thanks for the comments. These have received a surprising amount of attention.

did i read that ruler correctly, are those tall men 35mm to the eye?

The B-ball player is 33mm to the eye, and the skater and business guy are 30.5mm to the eyes. The rest are around 28mm. I understand the camera angle adds a little (I can't really push it into the table. :) ) and the bases are 1mm to 1.5mm thick.

Brian decided to go unusually tall for a couple of these guys, which was a little surprising, but I like the height variation he's done with our line.

Any UK distributors lined up? Also, are there any plans for more scifi-looking civvies?

No distributors yet, I think we might have talked to Tiger at one point about carrying our line over there, but nothing definite. I really want to do sci-fi stuff, so if these guys go over well it shouldn't be too long before we get some of them started.

I would've said they were both of a size, given the much thinner base on the Eureka figure.

They look like nice clean castings and well sculpted imo, but as Akula says, take some time getting your comparison photos spot on and at a better angle and I'm sure you'll reap the benefit from them.
:)

Nicolas and the Eureka marine are the same height as you say. I've been planning on doing photos for a comparison website in the future either with Mississinewa's height gauge or a 10mm grid. I guess I get your concerns about the comparison pictures, but my issues with compatibility always stems from proportion, a few mms never seem to matter as long as it's in the close neighborhood. :)

They're looking good and personally I think for civilians the scale is not really that important. Some better pictures of the arm sprues would be nice though to see the options 8)

Hhhmm... I've made two sets up, one with each option. I'll take a couple of shots before I basecoat them tonight.

Now if someone would do some good EMTs (hint hint) I'd be all set!

I believe we have that on our list of things to be made somewhere.

Need to see them with other ranges in comparison as has been mentioned previously, although judging from the ruler and others observations...too big for my table.

I'm curious as to which manufacturer(s) you are using, I've always considered our figures to be on the small end of 28mm.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:47:11 PM by wolfgangbrooks »
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
Considering some comments here and on TMP, I've got a couple of questions for you guys (and gals?):

1)Whose figures would you like to see our stuff compared to? We've got a few of the bigger manufacturers already, and I have Cold War, Zombie Smith, Copplestone, and Armorcast's Tactical Miniatures either in hand or on the way. (actually, the Tactical Minis cops disappeared when I was going to start taking comparison shots, it's only a matter of time before I find them again)

Obviously I have to pay for them myself, which has not been inexpensive so far, so I'd like to know who you really need to see them up against and maybe help me pick up new lines I can say they are compatible with.

2)Sci-fi Civilians. I want to make some and I know the interest is out there. However there are a lot of styles I can go with. Appleseed/GitS type, goofy pulp type, gothic gritty type, 1800's style whigs and lace cyborgs, and so on. I'd love to do all of that and more, but there's only so much money in the kitty and I'm not much of a technically skilled sculptor yet. So I'd love to see suggestions and "needs".

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:31 PM »
I could see myself getting them just for the smaller ones and tossing the tall one in the parts box.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 10:49:37 PM »
Sci-fi Civilians. I want to make some and I know the interest is out there. However there are a lot of styles I can go with. Appleseed/GitS type, goofy pulp type, gothic gritty type, 1800's style whigs and lace cyborgs, and so on. I'd love to do all of that and more, but there's only so much money in the kitty and I'm not much of a technically skilled sculptor yet. So I'd love to see suggestions and "needs".

I do have some pulp sci fi stuff but most of what I play comes from the Traveller style universe if that helps

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »
Well the comparison shots do make them look reasonable compatible. So I suspect I'll be up for some of those.

There are no comparison shots of the civilians bud, that's what I looking for, hopefully they'll do some.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 02:10:40 AM »
There are no comparison shots of the civilians bud, that's what I looking for, hopefully they'll do some.

If it helps, the non-tall ones are the same size as Nicolas in the comparison photos.

I could see myself getting them just for the smaller ones and tossing the tall one in the parts box.

No need, we'll be selling singles.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 07:18:31 AM »
Obvious gaps to me in the present day/near future market are first response types like firemen and paramedics, unless I've missed them somewhere. I do like the option of having the figures armed or unarmed btw, that's a nice touch!

My vote would be for them to fit in with Eureka/Mongrel/Hasslefree etc at the smaller end of the 28mm spectrum. I think you'll struggle to make everyone happy when it comes to size though. Having said that, not everyone is really that fussy about figure size either so...

I do get what you mean about proportion versus size though and yes, to me a couple of mm either way is no big deal either, but obviously there's some ranges of figures that will never look right together to me. I could just be too picky though.  ;)

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 08:16:48 AM »
I would like to see some photographs of your new modern civies put together and standing next to your zombies please...

Darkoath

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »
Nice minis.
As stated earlier, better shots are needed though. For the camera angle problem, just raise the minis on books or something, covered with the same blue paper, to the desired height. And don't hide the ruler marks.

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »
I like the look of them, and the arming options.  I don't like that 3 of them are so tall, the one bball player would have been fine.  I do like what appears to be an overweight woman figure.  You don't see much for females outside of the 'busty heroine' option.

I may grab these if the price is right.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »
I've just put them up on our webstore, and I'll be adding some new pics and comparisons when I get them painted. Right now I've added shots of them assembled with each arm option.

Packs are available here: (one of each, and two of each with one set of arm sprues)
http://recreationalconflict.lusagi.com/leadbones.html

Singles are available here:
http://recreationalconflict.lusagi.com/lbscivilsingle.html

We have five extra sets of arm sprues at present. We are going to sell them them as sets for $8 USD each. Contact richard at recreational conflict dot com if you are interested.