Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:52:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: science museum/victorian torchwood HQ  (Read 5727 times)

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: science museum/victorian torchwood HQ
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »
WOW

That's fantastic, very, very well done.

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 05:14:39 PM »
Wow! Amazing work!  :-*
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline chantyam

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
Small Dino skeleton perhaps ? theres plenty around in the "poundshops" -various plundered sorry preserved wonders of Rome Greece and Egypt
gan canny kidder!

Offline thomas oliver

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
well Ive got 2 dino skeletons for my british museum I was thinking more war or the worlds alien took captive by torchwood plus weapons test area, shooting range and lab table. 

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »
well Ive got 2 dino skeletons for my british museum I was thinking more war or the worlds alien took captive by torchwood plus weapons test area, shooting range and lab table. 

Take a look at Alan Moore's 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' The are a few interiors from museums there which may give you a few ideas on how it could look.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »
I wish someone would do a really good large building, instead of all these piddly little garden sheds.  >:(

lol ;)

What a fantastic piece of work! It looks better made than the real house seen in the background lol

Offline chantyam

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Black Cat do a range of "things in Jars"

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »

There's something to be said for having both terrestrial and extra-, side by side.

Black Cat do a range of "things in Jars"

I was thinking Reaper did some similar, but what would really be apropo would be some of the Horrorclix thingies I just can't seem to find anymore. Oh, wait, too easy for m'lawd Thomas?  :D

Doug

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:21 PM »
I know that Reaper's done a lot of things that could easily be put in jars, but not "things in jars" per se.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 02:00:42 PM »
You could try these from Westwind:

http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=1542

They might be the kind of thing you're looking for. Pretty cool anyway.

Offline chantyam

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
I like them, I'm getting some for myself

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
Wow - that is BIG!

Offline thomas oliver

• Bookworm
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 12:02:29 PM »
well I was thinking of crateing my own lab jars sort of thing and havin a werewolf perhaps smashing out of one, And also perhaps an iron giant in the corner perhaps.

For my british museum exhibitions I was was thinking of dino skeletons, a giant human skeleton, creatures from narnia (centaur and minotaur) and perhaps the wardrobe its self, flying monkeys from OZ ,card soldier from wonderland, giant gingerman perhaps, sword in stone and mummies.

I want it to get the feel as if the British Empire had explored all these amazing places of the literature.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 12:47:44 PM »
Magnificent!
I also need some more close ups etc

As for interiors:
If you want your building to house Torchwood HQ the choice is obvious. Offices with desks & etc furniture, plus lots of paper and assorted materials for the bureaucrat section, libraries and labs for the science dept, the obvious large meeting room with the huge meeting table with the globe, maps, books, pontium,telescope, small tables with various artifacts on display, paintings (a good escuse to hide safes behind them) etc
 (there was a book with a nice "admiralty meeting" I think by wizard diorama maker Sheppard) some inspiration might be taken here:
http://tidders-kingdomofwittenberg.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-04-02T08%3A56%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7
As a general remark, in the HQ the specimen used are not in display quality, but only one or two at a preparative stage, prior to move in their display place to the Museum.

If you also need a Museum you have to decide what the theme of the Museum would be. Prehistory and Egyptology (a good excuse to have cavemen and prehistoric beasts or mummies to pop-out), archaeology (also a nice excuse to use your romans or greek ancient warriors -not battling anymore), history (you may have Washington or Frederick the great or even Napoleon etc revived in a different time in your games), palaeontology/natural history museums (with carnivorous plants or dino predators chasing some of your heroes in the night) or even a science or music museum just to display some nicely painted miniatures (like Bach & Co with their musical instruments by Eureka you always liked but had not the chance  to incorporate them in a more modern era.) or a combination of all.

black cat bases offers things in a jar  but do not be afraid to use some components from doll houses, or just print outs from various websites or just photos and images from the net. For example a nice photo of Silurian sea can be used as a background  for a small nice 3D diorama by adding a small model of a prehistoric fish putting it   inside a display cabinet made of transparent plastic sheet in circular form. Some more ideas for inspiration can  follow as soon as you decide the main them of the interiors and the dimensions of the rooms you draw.

argsilverson

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »
Haven't had much luck finding the figs I had in mind, but for an appropriate Victorian Torchwood, how about:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=27445.0
?

Doug