Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:29:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694513
  • Total Topics: 118612
  • Online Today: 576
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 395763 times)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt. MORDHEIM (More scenery pics) Update 11/09
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »
another great peice from a great terrain builder  :D

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
I have seen a showing of the Skaven. Any chance of seeing good closeup shots of the other warbands thus far? I recall Shadow Warriors, Chaos, Witch Hunters and of course the Stunties. Got to love the Stunties. :-)

Grimm

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2011, 08:19:44 AM »
Witch Hunter group shot

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
Witch Hunter group shot

Thx for the quick response. Was hoping to see the Ogre :-) But as for the Chaos Hounds in a Witch Hunter group, dont you get burned at the stake for such heretical behavior? :-)

Grimm

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt. MORDHEIM (Undertaker's pt3) Update 18/09
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2011, 10:36:07 PM »
Thanks for the comments, chaps.
Much appreciated.

I just noticed the old Mage Knight castle pieces. Haha! Very nice!  lol

Those pieces were so versatile and well done. I'm always glad to see when people adapt them for other games.

FramFramson; I agree with you.
The Mage Knight castle parts were a great find. Spotted them on ebay going fairly cheap, but had no idea what they actually were.
Took a gamble and was very happy that I did.
You are spot on; they are very well done and exceedingly versatile, being modular.

In this circumstance they have been used as the walls of the Gaol courtyard, but have seen a variety of uses including the Asylum, the Fort and the City Walls.
Just one of several pre-painted items I have that help fill the table very quickly.

I intend to post a few more articles reviewing some of these pieces so other people may see them and may not know that they are out there!

Grimmnar; I will try to get my better half to take some pics of my Warbands when she gets a chance. The Chaos (Possessed) and Dwarves belong to Legionnaire Bert, but will try to get a few taken when he brings them over next time.
As you can see, the Witch Hunters belong to Kitsune, and a great looking warband it is. (Heretic Puppies or not!)  lol

On with the update;
After a week off and no gaming, painting or modelling of any description, managed a little bit of work on the Undertaker's.

Here are a few pics showing what has been achieved so far;

Basic painting done. Just needs a tidy-up and a few bits picked out here and there and I can then start putting the internal details inside before I add the roof and outer works.
Have been a bit heavy with the grey, but that will be sorted out.
The roof colour has not been decided upon yet. I want to finish it before finally deciding. It has been several colours already, still not sure what to go with.....

I also have not decided how far to have the front overhang the door, but am fairly happy with the second storey in this position. It is not glued yet, so I could change my mind!

Any comments or suggestions?

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt. MORDHEIM (Undertaker's pt 3) Update 18/09
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2011, 10:48:33 PM »
Looks good so far  8)

Could you leave the upper story loose but with some sort of tag to stop it over balancing or is that just tempting fate  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »
That looks great. The addition looks like it belongs there, and the base is just excellent.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2011, 11:14:17 PM »
VERY WELL DONE! I like the interesting angle of the upper floor, but my favorite part about your pieces is the way you do the surrounding grounds...nicely detailed with an abandoned/overgrown feel to the thing.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2011, 05:18:32 PM »
interesting concept, playable and looking good too. Like it.

Offline Ninja

• Mad Scientist
    • Broken Egg Games
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
This whole set up is epic and the speed your working at is impressive. I will be sure to ninja your ideas soon....
Break out of your gaming shell! www.brokenegggames.com

"Yes, I am a ninja and no I won't show you my moves."

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
Looks good so far  8)

Could you leave the upper story loose but with some sort of tag to stop it over balancing or is that just tempting fate  :)

cheers

James

I have decided, after much soul-searching, to fix the roof on much as it was in the first pics I posted, with no overhang.
 I did a lot more work to the piece the other day and have now made the roof for the yard area and it looks much better (IMO), in it's original position.
 If I had an overhang, the ladder leading to the first floor doorway would have had to have gone through the roof. This may have looked quite good but would have limited the piece's playability-factor. I try to make the pieces as playable as possible, and sometimes aesthetics are affected by this. I would love to add much more detailing to all of the pieces in the town but they would probably get in the way of positioning figures etc.

On another note, I thought I would show a few items that I have used to fill out the town with minimal effort.(Correction; NO effort at all!)

First up; the Inn.
I bought the Inn at SELWG last year. I saw it the EM4 and thought 'WOW'.
On taking a closer look, I saw the price; £39!
Painted!
Needless to say, it took a whole second to decide that I had to have one.

For the price, it is amazing. A painted Inn for less than £40 was good enough, but when you see the way it is packed; Sturdy cardboard box with custom-fitting foam, it is even better value. No worries about it getting broken between games and no looking around for suitable storage methods.
It certainly ticked all the boxes, as far as I was concerned.

A few pics of it from various angles

(The picture above has the first version of the Undertaker's, without the upper storeys added, in the bottom right)

All in all, a great piece for the price.
I may go back and neaten up some of the paintwork in future, and add some washes to make it fit in better with the rest of the town, but for now, it works just fine as is.
Unfortunately it no longer appears on their website, but maybe you could contact them to see if they have any or will be making any more.
Note; This is a large, fairly heavy item for postage, so may be an idea to pre-order and collect at a show if they are still doing them. I imagine it would cost a fair bit to post!

Next up; The Mage Knight Castle.
Again, I have no idea if this is still available, but well worth buying if you can get your hands on one for a reasonable price.
I picked mine up on Ebay for less than the cost of postage. I had no idea what it was, it just looked worth a gamble. And it was! It also came with the wall sections and buttresses, which allow for numerous configerations of the parts.
Prepainted to an excellent standard and modular, it has seen use in a few games and no work to do on my part. Great!
A few pics

Last up is an Aquarium Ruin.
No idea where this came from, it was given to me by a friend who could not remember. It is a great piece, made of some kind of polystone and pre-painted. I think it looks great and fits in really well on the table, the stone colour almost the same shade as the rest of the pieces already made for Krappfortt!
Sorry I cannot give on more details on its origins, but worth a look anyway.
These pics show the detailing on it pretty well.

There are more pictures of these pieces in the thread if you wish to have more views of them. Just scroll back and take a look.

I have also used a few items from PMC games, which are all highly recomended, but unfortunately no good shots of them. I will try to take some the next time we play.

Hope this was useful to anyone who wants to get a table up and running quickly....

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt. MORDHEIM (Pre-painted pieces) Update 22/09
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2011, 02:09:34 AM »
The undertakers is a great piece of terrain - like it a lot!

We have that em4 inn; it is indeed a nice model, and very reasonably priced; our has seen a lot of Mordheim action.  Their newer release, a farmstead, is also excellent. 

-Michael

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:08 AM »
I think of all the Oh-So-Cool new additions, the aquarium ruin is my favorite...there are a lot of terrific pieces out there made for fish.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt. MORDHEIM (Pre-painted pieces) Update 22/0
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2011, 12:56:15 PM »
The undertakers is a great piece of terrain - like it a lot!

We have that em4 inn; it is indeed a nice model, and very reasonably priced; our has seen a lot of Mordheim action.  Their newer release, a farmstead, is also excellent. 

-Michael

Thanks, Michael!

Hoping to finish the Undertaker's today, at least get it playable, as Legionnaire Bert is popping round tomorrow for a couple of games.
Hoping to get some decent pictures taken of it and the warbands that we will be using, some in-game shots as well.

I regard to the farmstead; I have seen it in the flesh, so to speak, and it is great. Well worth the money.

I think of all the Oh-So-Cool new additions, the aquarium ruin is my favorite...there are a lot of terrific pieces out there made for fish.

Agree with you, Al. Them fish just do not know how lucky they are!

Offline Neotacha

• Scientist
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »
That undertaker's is absolutely wonderful!  How many hours did you spend on it, all told?