Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696182
  • Total Topics: 118746
  • Online Today: 453
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Round bases it is!......The ruins of Krappefortt (MORDHEIM)  (Read 396403 times)

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Shadow Elves -Pg14) UD:12/10
« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2011, 02:58:26 PM »
Nice-looking Elves (Gary Morley on one of his better days...  ;) ).
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
Mine was the third to date - two of my own captains and one of Berts. I'd like to see if he can up the tally.

I am sure he will do his best!  ;)
I wonder if the curse holds for Orcs dressed as WH Captains..........hmmmm.

COOL BASE on the Fen Fellow! Despite doing multiples of the Beasty, it's still a favorite mini. Have FUN with the painting.

Thanks, DeafNala.
I am sure I will.

Nice-looking Elves (Gary Morley on one of his better days...  ;) ).

Please dont say that!
It will only give the opposition more reason to want to shoot them!  ;)

Offline Hybrid

• Assistant
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
This is such an inspiring thread. I love all the little details you add to make each piece come to life.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Marienburgers -Pg15) UD:15/10
« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Time for another warband.

This time it is the turn of the Marienburgers.
The Posenhosen Trading company started out as a bunch of random figures pulled together to make a warband as they were only my second Mordheim warband. The Skaven were my first and I was itching to play a human band as they allowed so much diversity. So I got together whatever human figures that I could find.

After they managed to survive the first campaign that we did, I thought they were deserving of a much more appropriate look, more befitting their image as the affluent and flamboyant merchants that they are supposed to be.
I didnt want to go with the obvious colour scheme for Marienburg. I wanted something more martial so I opted for red and black, with touches of green to offset this.

I chose the hydra symbol from the Chaos Space Marine transfer set as I thought this would work, representing a mercantile organisation that did not have a single head but a board of directors instead.

The Posenhosen Trading Company is in Krappefortt for one reason, and one reason only.
To make money.
They quickly amassed some wealth and then sought to find a suitable location in the town to call their headquarters. They have settled in the old Fort area, a good defensive position from where they can control the northern part of the old town, formally the Merchant district.

A shot of the whole warband.

Lord Hans von Posenhosen and his two bodyguards

The Champion 'Chopper' Horst flanked by 'Poor' Piot and Siegfried 'The Savage'

Old 'Umphrey, the other Champion of the warband. A perpetual frown is always covering his place since the death of his son, also called Humphrey.

A Swordsman with two Marksmen, one carrying the company blunderbuss

The rest of the Swordsmen

The Marienburgers (or 'Dutchman' as Pil likes to call them!) are one of the most well established warbands of Krappefortt and aim to control the whole of the Old Town as soon as possible.

The Posenhosen have two hired swords that have been with them for a long time, Tristan the Twat, a bard, and Wodyoocallmarmum!, the Trollslayer.

I will post them soon.

Until then.........

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:24:34 PM by Mason »

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Marienburgers -Pg15 UD:15/10
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2011, 03:47:58 AM »
Great looking warband! I love Lord Hans. Great job on him, especially.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
VERY, VERY WELL DONE! They have the chic Marienburg look to them. I LOVE your choice of colors, the black & scarlet with dark green for a bit of contrast works TERRIFICALLY...also gives them a Halloween feel. The Hydra is a cool heraldic device. Taking photos in their "natural" environment is a real plus.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »
Lovely work on those Mariënburgers! I honestly don't know why you're sending me models to be painted, must be a time thing 8). I like the use of the hydra as well and especially your characters are fabulous!

Anyway, since we're on the subject of warbands here are the beastmen of Krappefortt, with as of yet unfinished bases.

Your basing work is lovely so I'm looking forward to seeing these completed in style!

The full topic (with the same pictures) can be read here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=34047.0
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
 8) 8) 8) ;D :-*

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »
Thank you very much, Pil, they are lovely!  :-*
If Beastmen can be called such!

You are correct in guessing it is a time thing. I have quite a backlog of figures that need finishing.
Mordheim warbands alone account for quite a few. I still have my Possessed, a human thieves guild (Harry Barber and the 14 Thieves), halflings and an Orc Witch Hunter warband which is still in its constituent parts awaiting conversion. If I did this myself it would probably take me about a year, as I keep being 'distracted' by scenery projects. Dont get me wrong, I would love to paint them all, I just do not have the time.

I want to take some time out from Mordheim for a while, hence asking you to paint a few warbands for me. The fact that your painting style really appeals to me is, of course, a massive bonus. All of the figures that I have seen you paint have been fantastic, so it is an easy choice. You are so fast too, which is another huge bonus. I could never paint figures as fast as you do!
I intend moving on to a VSF project asap, (next week, hopefully!) going back to Krappefortt related stuff for a break now and again when I feel the need. There are a few scenery pieces that need finishing, so I wont be abandoning the project entirely. I just need to get started with the other project or it will fade into yet another idea that drifts off into the mists of the bits box!

I have a few things that need to be posted in this thread yet, starting with some of the Hired Swords and other Dramatis Personae from Krappefortt.

Will post them soon..........

So. Thanks again, Pil

Offline Neotacha

• Scientist
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »
Such nicely done warbands are a complement to the very nice town.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else you post here!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »
Such nicely done warbands are a complement to the very nice town.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else you post here!

Well, Neotacha, other than the aforementioned hired swords, there is;
Another warband that a friend gave me as a christmas present.
The Fen Beast for the Elves, that I am in the middle of painting at the moment.
A simple scenery piece that I started this afternoon whilst waiting for the Fen Beast's undercoat to dry.

There is also another scenery section, of the Slums District, that has been sitting in the cupboard for some time now, awaiting completion. It is almost built, I just keep getting distracted by new ideas.
I am hoping to finish those things in the next couple of weeks as I ease myself into the VSF project.
I intend to post the other warbands, including those that Pil has painted for me (I hope to have him paint a couple more) when I have completed their bases so that everything ties together properly.
I know that I will drift back to this project from time to time, but not too much until the other project is well underway.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »
Went to SELWG today and picked up loads of stuff for my forthcoming VSF project.
I also got a few more things for Krappefortt, some more church pews from Frontline wargaming and twenty of their lovely bookcases, so the interior piece for the Library will be made soon as well.
Guess I wont be giving up on the ruined town just yet!
You can see these lovely miniature library bookcase here in their Musketeers range;
http://www.frontlinewargaming.co.uk/25period.html

Also picked up the lovely painted Farm from em4, so a few games set outside of Krappefortt will be in the offing in the very near future. The chaps that I went with were very impressed with it and are very keen to play some more rural scenarios very soon.
http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Ready_Painted_Buildings.html

Back to some more pictures of the inhabitants of Krappefortt, the Hired Swords of the Posenhosen Trading Company, Marienburg.

Firstly the Dwarven Trollslayer, Wodyoocallmarmum!

And the Bard and entertainer of the band, Tristan the Troubador Twat!

Lastly, a picture of a mysterious Elven Ranger who was spotted entering the Fort, the headquarters of the Marienburg Cartel

Hope to be back soon with some pictures of our next batch games set just outside of the sprawling metropolis, in the more rural setting of the Hilly Forest.

Until then.........

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: The ruined town of Krappefortt MORDHEIM (Hired Swords -Pg15) UD:16/10
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
Great work! 8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »
The Hired Guns in Mordheim & most other skirmish/R.P.G. style games are the splashes of color that added that extra bit of interest/character to a game. These are three FINE examples of what I was babbling about. Tristan the Twat reminds me of a particularly worthless N.P.C. from my AD&D days. All three are VERY COOL & WELL DONE!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:07 PM »
Great work Mason, I've missed your last couple of updates.
 :D