Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Photo Album of Old west town in rough layout  (Read 3771 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Photo Album of Old west town in rough layout
« on: July 18, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »
I did a dry run at the local club meeting of my "maximum" size wild west game and posted up an album of pictures I took - not great photos but gives a sense of what I am doing.  Pictures can be seen here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FifteensFoundHere/

Yeah, I know, you like a photo here but I've not gotten up to speed on that process yet.

Go to the photos and look at the Beast and Wild West album - obviously, not all the beast are for the wild west.

Enjoy.

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
Re: Photo Album of Old west town in rough layout
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »
Photos are not available for non members.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »
Cory,

Tried to figure out a way to allow non-members to see photos and just don't see it.  I'm definitely a novice at this whole Yahoo group thing.  Let's see:
DSCN7723.JPG

If this worked, a photos should have pasted here.  And, if it works, I can try posting more photos.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
Nope, didn't work as far as I can tell.  Happy to be "instructed" in proper way to do it.  Or, you can join the group if you like - it is, of course, focused on 15 mm.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »
Here is a thread with details on how to post photos:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=5779.0
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 05:12:30 AM »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:16:15 AM »
Alright, seems to have worked.  The first group of photos are for my African Plains set-up but if you go through the whole album you'll get to a series of pictures showing the layout for the table(s) I'm developing.  One photo shows a lot of the buildings (not all) still in very rough form.  Enjoy.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
It's very, very easy to get actual photos from Photobucket to LAF, you know.

Look to the right of any photo in the "Share This Photo" box and copy the "IMG Tag" line straight into your LAF message.

Here's your town photo, for example:

Looks good so far, that's going to be a good-size town when done!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 04:14:06 AM »
Wirelizard, thanks for posting the picture here - I've still got some learning to do as far as manipulating and posting pictures, obviously.

A few tidbits about the photo: you are looking at the north end of town, the prosperous end, and right at the front is the train station, freight depot, and office for the wood yard - the water tank will be the one from Bluemoon.  What you don't see is the fort that will be off photo to the right and across an as yet to be built river.

Further town and on the left is the roof and some of the walls, not assembled, of the county courthouse, and way down on the left is the riverfront buildings - a huge warehouse, a place to buy steamship tickets, another one for freighters to conduct business with the steamship line, and a place for the stevedores to hang out.

Not yet on the table (not ready when photo was taken) are the blanks for Crib Street: a saloon, dance hall, doctor's mercury treatments and a number of cribs for the soiled doves.  Also at the end of town will be the disreputable cemetery (there will be a more prestigious one across the square from the courthouse in the church district - to include a Shaolin temple).  And somewhere at the south end of town will be one of the corrals which will be known as, "O.R. Else Corral."  It will be the cowboys horse hangout.  Somewhere, not firmed up yet, will be the 'respectable' stables where the horses for the hears will be, amongst others (one black set, one white set).  And across the tracks from the train station will be the stockyard. 

On the right side of the buildings in the picture will be the residential district, twenty houses in process - one of which is for the doctor and another for the widow the county sheriff is dating.

And way south and off to the right will be the territorial prison.

Of course, there is a lot more but this is too long already.

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »
Holy S**t.  That's gonna be one impressive town.  Can't way to see updates.