Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spriggan Miniatures - Still Trading???  (Read 5373 times)

Offline colin_baillie

• Librarian
    • Eclipsing Binaries 15mm Scifi Blog
Spriggan Miniatures - Still Trading???
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »
Does anybody know if Spriggan Miniatures are still trading? I sent an email a several days ago to check availability but had no reply.

Offline Oliver

• Librarian
Re: Spriggan Miniatures - Still Trading???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »
Well as of December there were rumours they had stopped trading but then the owner denied tjis so he may be busy or on holiday ;)

Offline colin_baillie

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »
I hope so. I'd like to spend some money on his minis.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »
I'd better order some of the Spugs before they go the way of the Dodo...
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline colin_baillie

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:30 PM »
I was wanting a pile of the 15mm spugs, but as I said, no reply as yet to the email. I'll try emailing again.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 06:00:25 PM »
any update on this as I'd like to get some more of them, and perhaps some of the 15mm ones. If he has stopped it'll be a shame,but hopefully someone might buy the license.

Offline colin_baillie

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
Sorry. Should have replied but it completely slipped my mind. I had a response from Paul at Spriggan...

"Hi, sorry for the delay in replying, I've had a very busy couple of weeks. The 15mm spugs are indeed still available, it usually takes me 1-2 weeks to get an order posted, though I will be going on holiday next week so there will be a bit of a longer wait in the immediate future,
best regards, Paul"

I got this 13 days ago and placed an order for some 15mm Spugs. I'll post when they arrive.

Offline colin_baillie

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
A nice big order of Spugs arrived in the post yesterday. Great quality figures, well cast and little or no flash. I'm looking forward to painting these guys.... just not sure what colour and there's loads of the swarming buggers!!  o_o

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 11:38:22 AM »
A nice big order of Spugs arrived in the post yesterday. Great quality figures, well cast and little or no flash. I'm looking forward to painting these guys.... just not sure what colour and there's loads of the swarming buggers!!  o_o

I've painted my 28mm ones almost as fire ants - a reddy brown colour, with beigey-yellow underbelly areas. Leader figures are more orangey and I have two albino bodyguards for him.

Thanks for posting they got there - I think I'll get some now  :)

Offline JRacel

• Assistant
    • My Skydrive
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »
I have a painted 15mm Spug Army I did a few years ago.

Gallery of Pictures (Sorry they are so yellow, this was before I got better at taking pictures and several cameras ago)
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c81057216b240d0c#cid=C81057216B240D0C&id=C81057216B240D0C!304

You might want to try Rattlehead Games in the US and see if Brandon still has 15mm or 28mm Spugs in stock.  www.rattleheadgames.com

Jeff
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:09:33 PM by JRacel »

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
Jeff, what make are the big walker tanks in your army?  Those are lovely.
This is my boomstick!

Offline colin_baillie

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 10:05:39 AM »
Yes Jeff, I've seen yours. I don't want to look again as I'll just not bother painting mine, becuse they won't be as good as yours. :'(

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »
Forgot about the 15mm, bought some to go with my various projects. Had the 28mm ones for a while as proxy covenant troopers, (drones and such like). Nice minis well cast and dirt cheap.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline JRacel

• Assistant
    • My Skydrive
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
Yes Jeff, I've seen yours. I don't want to look again as I'll just not bother painting mine, becuse they won't be as good as yours. :'(

Colin_baillie, I think pretty much the same thing every time I see the wonderful work others around here do witht heir painting.  My stuff is wargame grade, and a little shoddy at that, compared to the real artist here.  I moved to 15mm because I could paint it with far fewer errors and sins showing!

For those asking about the walkers etc, here is the text from a few years ago when I first posted these pictures on TMP.

Quote from: JRacel
Ok, I finally got some pictures taken of my ever growing Spug Army. I uploaded a lot of new pictures to my existing Spug folder. You will notice a few things, first there are a lot of Spugs, but I still have more not yet painted including more infantry, Jet Bikes, Support guns and GZG Ixx as Mercenary support. The new additions are mainly the inclusion of 28mm Armored Spugs as large Mecha and my use of three Dream Pod 9 Heavy Gear 1/144 Dragon Striders as heavy support vehicles. Now, the DP9 stuff is expensive and I only got these when I was able to get a much reduced price. They are really nice resin kits with a lot of parts. There is a lot of sanding, pinning and filling to make these usable, so they are not easy to get together and on the battlefield. In the end they were worth it. One big note, the original Striders have a big tred on the bottom and treds on four legs so they can lay with the legs out and use the treds to move down the road. What the?? Ok, I sawed the one on the main body off and left the little treds off the legs. (the little treds are being made in mobile guns, but that is another post when they are done) The bugs are Khurasan Miniatures 28mm Arachnians that I am using as Bio Tanks. Note that I have not added the gun onto the Arachnians that Khurasan provides since I decided mine would use a bio weapon like spitting acid rather than a high tech weapon. The paint scheme is to give a cartoon / anime feel to the army via the bright colors. I added a few comparison shots with the 28mm Spugs and the Dragon Striders versus some of the other mecha I have for my other forces (mix of 1/87 and 1/144 Heavy Gear and an Urban War miniature).

Link to TMP discussion:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=180933

Jeff

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »
Nice army, Jeff.  :o