Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Artizan FFL command packs/other future releases ?  (Read 23761 times)

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
Re: Artizan FFL command packs/other future releases ?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:57 PM »
Cool beans Mike, I really like the look of the Algerians(maybe do a third pack for giggles ;)).The cavalry are a welcome addition too!
Love your sculpting BTW, I have a lot of Artizan figures.
Pete

Offline VonMoltke

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 09:46:55 AM »
@Mike

Is there a cance for greatcoat artillery crew and HMG?

Best regards
VonMoltke

Offline inkydave

• Mad Scientist
  • Usuthu
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »
hoorah!!! are we gonna get a proper french colonial range at last? considering the scope and scale of French colonial wars they have been poorly represented on the tabletop over the years.Small armies, colourful uniforms,dashing deeds and heroic(larger than life) characters fighting varied and fascinating enemies over extreme landscapes? whats not to like? great sculpts so far from Mr Owen, he really does figs which are brush magnets.cant wait to get my mits on a fistful. 1 teeytiny eeny weeny niggle tho. ;) whats with the zouave/tirailier Algerian pants? they seem to be wrong. are they? I thought that during this period they wore those great big parachute pants which did not have proper seperate legs. Time for the green stuff? heres the reason for my theory.
Minima maxima sunt

Offline timg

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
Having painted a fair few of the FFL of late i can attest to their accuracy and very high quality. Really nice figures to paint, great period as well so lets hope indeed this range grows and grows.

Offline efredbar

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 03:12:07 AM »
I love the look of these and the period offers a lot for a painter but...the cost of these 28mm figures is ridiculous though.

I'm really interested in Dahomey but with shipping on eBay four figures would run 16 bucks...4 bucks a figure. I could stretch it out a bit with combined orders but still. It's silly. Even direct, and putting aside over seas shipping and the wait, it's 9 bucks for four figures.

Forget about the foundry packs...that's got to be a joke.

I've got the money...it just seems like such a bad deal I can't pull the trigger.

I guess I'll just wait for used ones to pop up or until I give in...which will probably be until tomorrow morning.  lol

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
hoorah!!! are we gonna get a proper french colonial range at last?

That appears to be the plan, if the blurb on the Artizan website is anything to go by.

Offline Mike Owen

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 06:22:37 AM »
Hi,
 Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.Just to let you know there will be some artillery out next month and the first mounted packs for the range along with some adversary's for them. I have dropped the crotch on the seroua trousers on the latest figures.
Efredbar glad you like the figures, I dont know what website postage prices your referring to on these but direct from Artizan the P&P is 10% worldwide. I hope that helps?
Regards.
Mike

Offline VonMoltke

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »
Thank you very much Mike! That are great news! Could you tell the community which is the fourth miniature in the greatcoat command pack? Unfortunally there is only the picture of the officer,the senior NCO? and the bugler..

Offline timg

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
VM, Its an officer firing a pistol in kepi, tunic and putees. I'll try to get you a pic in a bit.

Offline timg

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »
VM, Its an officer firing a pistol in kepi, tunic and putees. I'll try to get you a pic in a bit.

Here go, command pack (excuse painting);

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 11:55:20 AM »
Thanks for the update Mike. I'm waiting for Nick to get a couple more packs up on the site before I put in my next order. Lovely subject for a range of figures though.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline efredbar

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
Hi,
 Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.Just to let you know there will be some artillery out next month and the first mounted packs for the range along with some adversary's for them. I have dropped the crotch on the seroua trousers on the latest figures.
Efredbar glad you like the figures, I dont know what website postage prices your referring to on these but direct from Artizan the P&P is 10% worldwide. I hope that helps?
Regards.
Mike

Thanks for the response. I'm just having to get my mind right. I've been buying 15 mm figures (wonder what the price would look like if I broke those out individual...better leave it alone) and picking through people's lead piles on eBay.  Besides, as suggested, your figures will win out in the end...they're sharp.  Thanks also for the shipping info.

Other than Dahomey...who else can these pith helmeted chaps get after?

PS I stand by assessment of the Foundry prices. Those can't be real.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 03:39:38 PM »
Other than Dahomey...who else can these pith helmeted chaps get after?

The FFL wore sun helmets in Madagascar, Indo-China and North Africa too, though I don't pretend to know enough about the subject to say whether the other uniform details are right for all of those campaigns.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline inkydave

• Mad Scientist
  • Usuthu
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »
Now Im VERY excited.Shall put my first order in tonight.(football permitting) :)
Can you also add the Dardanelles WW1 to the list of suitable uses of the helmeted figs? more research I think.

Ps what great service from Mike and the team at Artizan. Interacting with the customer/end user regards thoughts on the future of the range. Three cheers!!!

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
The FFL wore sun helmets in Madagascar, Indo-China and North Africa too, though I don't pretend to know enough about the subject to say whether the other uniform details are right for all of those campaigns.

Sun helmets were definitely regulation headgear for operations in the Sud-Oranais in western Algeria (although the covered kepi was unofficially and widely used there as well). Mike's Artizan figures are obviously designed with this campaign in mind since they are wearing the fatigue blouse and sash commonly used in North Africa. But they may also be fielded as the Régiment de marche d'Algérie in Madagascar before they were issued with blue naval paletots and grey-blue trousers.