Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:34:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Artizan FFL command packs/other future releases ?  (Read 23912 times)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Artizan FFL command packs/other future releases ?
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »
Just a couple of additional questions, Mike : the Artizan website lists a MOD010 pack (FFL in greatcoats). Since there is no picture of it, are the boys wearing kepis too or are they the pack of légionnaires in greatcoats and melon pit helmet you mentioned earlier in this thread ?

Furthermore, is the pack below MOD002 or MOD009 ? I was thinking the former but I'm not sure.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »
this range just getting more awesomer all the time.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2011, 02:30:48 AM »
Hopefully, there will soon be some Chasseurs d'Afrique and some machine gun and field gun crews. And perhaps some spahis.

Offline timg

• Scientist
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
Just a couple of additional questions, Mike : the Artizan website lists a MOD010 pack (FFL in greatcoats). Since there is no picture of it, are the boys wearing kepis too or are they the pack of légionnaires in greatcoats and melon pit helmet you mentioned earlier in this thread ?

Furthermore, is the pack below MOD002 or MOD009 ? I was thinking the former but I'm not sure.

(quote)

Thats command pack II Arthur.

Yep Spahis would be nice, any news on the Arabs opponents anyone ?

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »

:-* very lovely figures
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline pacofeanor

• Scientist
    • paco fait le zouave
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 04:00:27 PM »
Hi Here are some photos of the command, marching legion and Tirralieur. really sorry about the delay getting these up here!!
Mike

i've got my morrocan tirailleurs for the "brigade indigene" in 1914 for the great war !!
my project is too play the book of general Juin (the one of the FFL in Italy in 1943) concerning his participation as a lieutenant of morrocan tirailleurs at the battle of the Marne in 1914.
very good news!

regards
paco

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
Hopefully, there will soon be some Chasseurs d'Afrique and some machine gun and field gun crews. And perhaps some spahis.
and Arabs

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 02:29:04 AM »
Just a couple more packs and I'm going to drop the BIG order :-*

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2011, 05:36:51 PM »
excuse my ignorance on this one ,but my knowledge of this subject is limited to the few films I've seen .I have bought a selection of these figures for a pulp game set in a fictional desert state ,but if I wanted to expand later into a historical setting would all these packs be ok in a sahara type setting just ordered a couple of books but eager to get cracking . ?

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 09:38:25 PM »
I believe you could use these for the Sahara, Tonkin campaign and Sino-French War,
Dahomean War and Madagascar.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »
How long for the other Algerian Tiralleur pack?

I need to place a order for a friend and myself and thats the last pack we are waiting for ;)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2011, 09:17:32 PM »
Both Tirailleurs algériens rank and file packs are illustrated on the Artizan website and available for sale. I imagine that the command pack will follow in the next few weeks along with the French cavalry, artillery and Berber tribesmen Mike mentioned in a previous post. He also said something about a Legion mounted command pack.

If we're extra nice, perhaps Mike will do skirmishing tirailleurs as well with some firing/loading poses. I'm also hoping for FFL mounted company packs, ideally one with mounted légionnaires and one with dismounted mule holders. 

Click on the link below to get to the March or Die range on the Artizan website :

http://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?man=21&page=1

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
Oh your right.Mike said two packs of basic riflemen and I thought he meant two packs advancing.I saw the marchers but they are  kind of a 'meh' for me.

Offline Mike Owen

• Assistant
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2011, 08:56:54 AM »
Hi, there is another pack of Algerians done, these are a mix of firing advancing and loading poses. The mounted company packs are under way and I am getting another pose of mule made before releasing them. I am currently working on the weapons for the Moroccans and these will start to come out in early December.
Regards.
Mike

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2011, 09:25:19 AM »
I'm not a uniform expert, how similar are the Legion in sunhelmet figures to the marine infantry? I'm thinking of Boxer Rebellion here.