Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Desert patrol for my flying lead world.  (Read 2532 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
15mm Desert patrol for my flying lead world.
« on: November 21, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
First of, my current picture set up sucks, sorry. I have a better one, just not where I am right now...

Having a big soft spot for Ganesha games I have been trying to get at least a few warbands together for all of their games, this one is for Flying lead. Of course modern or not this soon turned into a "alternate world" style sci-fi thing for me. A bit of a tatooine feeling specifically.

The idea for the setting is a town in the middle of nowhere in a hot dessert, less of a middle eastern and more a cliché movie dessert. The town went trough a bout of industrialization and modernization when oil was discovered and drilled but the wells have long since died out and the town went back to being unnoticed by the big players. Now trouble is brewing as hostilities between multiple groups are growing, but with no side considering the town important enough to send extra resources the conflict is playing out like a up-gunned gang-war.

I have quite some terain, quick but effective, for this but pitiably its currently stored somewhere else.

The first force I have (nearly) finished are the marshals. I imagine them as a combined police and aid and support group. They travel around the outback visiting small towns to uphold the law and provide help (mostly medical) where needed. This group has stopped in the yet unnamed town to try and contain the violence going on. Pretty much they are the good guys in the setting. So what miniatures did I get for them? sci-fi Germans from eureka naturally!

First of, the patrol-men, well geared up since they cant expect backup where they are. Equipped with assault rifles and body armor. (as you can see)

Then there are the special weapons, sniper rifle, saw and launcher. Normally left stored unless the situation calls for them. The sniper rifle turns up at hostage situations for instance.

The heaviest of their special weapons, the HMG brought out in the direst of situations.

Naturally there is a Commissioner to lead the group, and a doctor, not a medic, but an actual doctor to keep the men going and provide medical help where needed. The medic originally was carried ammo for the Missile launcher, but I felt this conversion of it would make for a more interesting character in the game.

In order to keep an eye out where needed they have a small force of patrol droids, in two flavours. Both come from ground zero games. The twin machine-gun variant.

And the heavier version that incorporates a grenade launcher.

Finally the ride they get around in, the mobile HQ. Part barracks, part medical, part APC, part command centre and always to small for comfort. I wonder if anybody will recognize this vehicle. I still need to construct some sort of deployed mode I feel. Probably a tent to one side of it and some sort of ramp to the other side. Any suggestions on this?

That's it for them (for now) however I have begun planning on the first force to oppose them. I will be using rebel miniatures Sahadeen as a group haling from a culture well known for their gang and smuggling activities. They will be the ones stirring up trouble. I plan to get them a small tank, a relic from some war a long time ago, thus I am looking for a single 15mm renault ft17 or similar model, any suggestions?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
Re: 15mm Desert patrol for my flying lead world.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:55 AM »
im not into 15mm so i dont recognise the HQ Vehicle  :'( Very nice Force the Camo on the Drones/Vehicle is very well done  ;D

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:40 AM »
Nice use of the Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle, although I am sure some will gasp at the application of camouflage to something that should be shiny and trve metal. ;)

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:44:37 PM »
The SPV a sci fi gamers favourite for decades

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »
The SPV a sci fi gamers favourite for decades

Aye, I am sad that the TV show was never aired here as far as I know, I would have loved it even more then then I do now.

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 05:53:32 AM »
Good background and good job with the painting. One thing to suggest would be adding more texture to the bases. A addition of very fine sand would do the trick. Now they look a bit too flat.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »
Good background and good job with the painting. One thing to suggest would be adding more texture to the bases. A addition of very fine sand would do the trick. Now they look a bit too flat.

Oh I plan to but decided to hold it of until I have decided on the groundworks for my terain, as things will look best if they match.