Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:39:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697740
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New World War Two Miniature Company  (Read 8461 times)

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
Re: New World War Two Miniature Company
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »
Gebirgsjager-

Oh, you bugger. Just as I'd finished a regular German infantry force for the invasion of Norway, you bring these out.  >:(

They're fantastic. I'll be seriously considering these in the future.
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 11:58:54 PM »
What is wrong with the helmets?

I do not see anything that could not be fixed with some dedicated highlighting...
Sorry for being a bit blunt - but is this not the typical "Rivet-counting" problem of historical gamers?

Hi Agis!

The WWI helmet that the 10th wore was big and bulky compared to the typical helmet that Germans wore in WWII. Like someone else wrote, the bulky helmet and leather coat/jacket is what made this unit unique. On first look, figures are very nicely done, though the helmet doesn't seem right on closer inspection which does detract from the minis. This isn't not rivet counting at all but about making sure the figures are historically accurate.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 08:29:35 AM »
Hi guys,
I really did not want to offend anybody here, but I feared an overall negative feedback to these very nice miniatures.  8)
After the initial comment from V with the attached photos, I also did not saw any real difference.
OK the helmet on the photos seemed bigger, but as said in my initial response the “problem” with the lower flared portion of the helmet can (IMO) be “repaired” with some dedicated highlights…
 :D
There are so many minis out there that are happily used by historical gamers with obvious anatomical impossibilities (big hands and heads etc) and weapons that are way to big, I just did not saw any real problem with the minis shown, on the contrary, the poses looked right well proportioned and the equipment looked right to ME::)

Anyway, I seem to have struck a nerve with my “rivet-counting” comment; apologies to all who felt offended!  :)

All the best to Blitzkrieg Laboratory, chime out time for me on that topic.  :-X

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
Anyway, I seem to have struck a nerve with my “rivet-counting” comment; apologies to all who felt offended!  :)

Agis - no offense was taken at all. Your points were well put and appropriate, not infammatory. No problem at all and no need to "check out" of the healthy discourse regarding these figures.

Michael

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 09:52:43 PM »
I am not sure we should allow the 20mm crowd to come here and scream about helmets at all *cracks whip* :D

I can however understand the frustration over the helmets, and I got to admit that I was a bit disapointed as well, since I really like the figures, but I wanted the helmets to be more specific as its type is rather different from the standard german WWII helmets. Not that I particularely care about the miniatures being polish, but I wanted them for use as Sudetendeutsche Freikorps! :-P
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »
By the way, I think that your company, since you are making exellent looking miniatures, should make a german late war panzer crew on foot! There are none at the moment, well at least none that I would want to have, they all look like crap.

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 09:51:14 PM »
I am not sure we should allow the 20mm crowd to come here and scream about helmets at all *cracks whip* :D

What 20mm crowd? I don't game that scale at all.

Offline V

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
Hi guys,
I really did not want to offend anybody here, but I feared an overall negative feedback to these very nice miniatures.  8)
After the initial comment from V with the attached photos, I also did not saw any real difference.
OK the helmet on the photos seemed bigger, but as said in my initial response the “problem” with the lower flared portion of the helmet can (IMO) be “repaired” with some dedicated highlights…
 :D
There are so many minis out there that are happily used by historical gamers with obvious anatomical impossibilities (big hands and heads etc) and weapons that are way to big, I just did not saw any real problem with the minis shown, on the contrary, the poses looked right well proportioned and the equipment looked right to ME::)

All the best to Blitzkrieg Laboratory, chime out time for me on that topic.  :-X

By the same token, why cant we hope to have historical accuracy?

You may be happy without it, but some want it... So whats the problem with that? Would you rather people just said nothing and miniatures never got any better?

Im sick and tired of people feeling that being historically accurate is a bad thing. Utter rubbish. I want to reflect the wars of the past in as historical manner as possible, partly out of respect for those that did it for real and also because that to me is the whole point.

I dont see why people have to called names and pilloried for actually wanting a figure to look like what is is suppossed to!!!

Then again is more cos I said isnt it... If it had just been Allen, you wouldnt have minded.

So lets have figures that arnt correct and rules to match shall we!  o_o

Think I will stick to other forums in the future... Dread to offend anyone by wanting historical figures to look historical! Shock horror!

Offline Cadet13

• Scientist
  • "Now I have a machinegun. HO HO HO."
    • http://chucksnapwargames.blogspot.com/
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
Any news on when these will be available? I can't seem find them on Gorgon Studio's website...

Offline Nostromo

• Assistant
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »
The Cops and Gangsters are up on the site now.
There are some limited resin sets available on the WW2 figures.
During our review of the masters and also based on some of this discussion we are doing a rework on the greens and remastering the 10th Mechanized prior to release in metal.  Working as fast as we can....believe me.

That said, the 4 Gebirgsjager are quickly approaching metal production-
I will announce here when they are up on the Gorgon site.