Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hoodoo Pulp  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
Hoodoo Pulp
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:35:11 PM »
I'm expanding my pulp games a bit at the moment (while I'm inspired) - and am trying to develop a few New Orleans-themed factions at the moment (am a bit bored of the usual Cthulhu-loving cultists and sinister tongs right now).

I've already got a few boys in blue from Pulp Figures that are about as transferable as any model can be, and some Copplestone mobsters for the regular opposition.

What I'd like is at least two voodoo-y factions to spice up the options a little.

I'm using groups of 8-10 models per side, and have no real models at all that are suitable right now (save for a Bob Murch 'cheap magic act' mesmerist and a couple of spare Copplestone gangsters painted appropriately).

I know Brigade does some good voodoo practitioners and Haitian zombies that will be perfect for one mob, and West Wind has a few too, but I'm not a huge fan of the sculpts. Ideally, I'd like a model like Jim Bowen's Disturbia 'Dark Pope'

but in god's own scale of 28mm. On the subject of Disturbia, if anyone knows how the 'Ju-Ju Men'

stand next to a 28mm model, or can show a comparison picture, I'd be grateful...

So, any suggestions or possibilities for models and factions would be appreciated. I'm currently roughly thinking one evil bokor with some muscle and zombies and a good houngan with some backup of some sort...

Cheers!
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Hoodoo Pulp
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »
This guy might be too primitive-looking for your intentions, but it's the closest thing I can think of:

http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=87_126_170&products_id=2032

Interestingly, I've had the same idea of doing Voodoo-themed Pulp. In particular, I've been dying for a reason to get those Disturbia Ju-Ju Men, but like you I fear they'll look too big in 28mm (which is why I'm considering simply taking up Disturbia). I've considered converting my own, as the masks don't look that hard to sculpt, and they're the reason I like those models.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Hoodoo Pulp
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »
Also thought of this Foundry Street Violence guy (the one on the left).

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
Hoodoo Pulp
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 10:33:05 AM »
Quote from: "Rhoderic"
Also thought of this Foundry Street Violence guy (the one on the left).

he's PERFECT! now, all I need to do is overcome my innate dislike of spending £10 on 5 models of which I need only one!

keep the ideas coming!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Hoodoo Pulp
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 11:50:19 AM »
E-bay for your Yardie gangs thats where I picked up mine