Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695383
  • Total Topics: 118685
  • Online Today: 507
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: M.O.O.S.(E). Ministry of Occult Studies (England): 12/10 Game shots  (Read 682823 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
VERY SPOOKY! You've created a cinematic moment...a very evocative scene. AND the G.W. Banshees are OUTSTANDING; probably he best & most effective paint jobs on the Dead Girls I've yet to see. GREAT WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
I don't remember seeing those red haired ghosts before.
They look awesome!
 :-*
I am going to have to steal that idea!
 :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Thanks, chaps!
 :)

Steal away, aggro, as I stole the idea from someone else in the first place.
 ;)

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
Argh...need....more terrain! Very inspiring mason, you keep pleasantly surprising!
Are the angels from the Dr. who? I really need to find me some of those...all the cool kids have it :(

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Argh...need....more terrain! Very inspiring mason, you keep pleasantly surprising!
Are the angels from the Dr. who? I really need to find me some of those...all the cool kids have it :(

Thanks, Mathyoo!
They are indeed Dr Who Weeping Angels.

These ones were given away with the DW magazine a couple of years ago.
They were very cheap as you got 16 with the magazine, which was about £2-3.

I used 10 on this piece of scenery and sent the rest to another LAF member.

I am sure if place an ad in the 'Wanted' section of the Bazaar someone will have some that they are willing to part with.
 ;)

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see WHERE YOU KEEP IT ALL. What manner of "+5 Gameroom of Awesomeness" do you have, and are the walls all covered in gilded shelving, loaded with all manner of terrain and miniatures?

How do you store the miniatures?

I'm running out of room and old game boxes to convert. Looking for some ideas.
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see WHERE YOU KEEP IT ALL. What manner of "+5 Gameroom of Awesomeness" do you have, and are the walls all covered in gilded shelving, loaded with all manner of terrain and miniatures?

How do you store the miniatures?

I'm running out of room and old game boxes to convert. Looking for some ideas.

lol
Nothing quite so grandiose, I am afraid.
The scenery is all stored in a large cupboard, mostly in A4 paper boxes as this makes life easier. There are a few other types of boxes but since I came across this idea, everything has been built with an A4 box in mind.
They are either individual pieces built on 10" x 8" MDF boards or sets built on the same so that they stack in a box.
The Dock sections are a good example of this.

They all fit in one box when stacked in a certain order.
The boards are numbered underneath to make it easier to return them to the box after use.

My miniatures are stored in the usual carry cases and boxes, but I do have three cabinets on the wall in the spare room where I keep the figures that get used the most often.
I currently have Strange Aeons stuff in one, Mordheim warbands in the second and VSF Companies in the third.

Here is the SA one, from some time ago, so it is a little more cramped in there now...

I hope that answers that one, as taking a picture of a pile of boxes stacked in a cupboard is not very exciting.
 ;)

former user

A4 boxes are a good measure, I use them too since 1993  ;)
who makes the waterside?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
who makes the waterside?

A collaboration between myself and geboom:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=30667.30

(Although I dont think geboom knows about it yet).

former user

Oh, wow
I had secretely hoped I could buy them somewhere....
did You ever considered casting them? OK, now that they are painted it doesn't work any more but - wait, a 3D scanner could do the trick  ;)

Offline Legionnaire Bert

• Mad Scientist
Don't be entirely fooled by Mason's modesty, oh gentle and constant reader :). He really is the most amazingly organised gamer that I know of, and stores his stuff brilliantly. We are pole opposites of each other! He remains my #1 gaming inspiration, in terms of painting, scenery, the way he stores it all and of course that planet-sized brain which comes up with all the inspired and genius gaming ideas we get involved in. A trip round Mason's is a truly priviliged gaming experience, it has to be said. ;)

That's quite enough of the nice stuff - hostilities re-commence tomorrow. On the gaming table, at least! Mr M is an impressive enough physical specimen to boot...supports Millwall too (although he's a thoroughly decent example of said team's support, an honest-to-goodness decent chap all round). Besides, it really isn't on for a chap to get physical with his chums, eh what - and one must treat victory and defeat as imposters both ther same...

Suffice to say, we are continuiing my Black Dossier tomorrow, and I cannot wait! Mason's usual fantastic AAR no doubt awaits - wish me luck, readers!

Bert aka Aubrey 8)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
 lol lol lol

You nutter!

Flattery will get you nowhere and niceties will not prevent the Maniacs from seeking you out!
Or the Zombies, for that matter!
 ;)

Back to reality: Yes, Bertie should be playing Scenario #5 later today.

Here is the set-up for the scenario...

We shall have to see how he gets on.....

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very pictoresque set-up!  :-*

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Very pictoresque set-up!  :-*

Thanks, Antti!
 :)

Here are a few more views of the picturesque village before the Agents came to town...

The table was set up in this manner, with the Telephone Box in the centre of the table, as the team of Agents would have to hold the area around the 'phone box as one of their number made a call.

The team were in an ever closing circle, formed by government troops, who had orders to destroy and burn anything in the net.

The team would also had a trussed-up Mad Scientist to keep an eye on, one who would no doubt attempt to escape at the first opportunity...

They had to stay on the 'phone long enough to make contact with HQ and arrange for their escape from the doomed area

A Telephone Box may never have been more important.
Maybe the future of the Realm itself depended on it being in full working order.

Fingers crossed it was......

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
SO with Life as we know it dependent on the Telephone Company, all that can be said is "WE"RE DOOMED!".