Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms. P.156 Scots pike block painted  (Read 593785 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms WIP (3 Feb - more new additions!)
« Reply #1005 on: September 06, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »

As you can see, one of these is very businesslike, winding his crossbow - albeit with his sword slung raffishly over his shoulder.
The other two are slightly more fanciful.
One with a towering plume of horse feathers appended to his hat, plus a Green Stuff rolled brim; the other, a handgunner - clearly a mad eccentric - is wearing his great, great, great grandfather's great helm (a Fireforge part), and with an axe slung from his hip. :)

Absolutely gorgeous, as always and a very cool idea to equip him with an outdated piece of hardware. I like a bit of storytelling in a mini. But now I will annoy you by pointing out that the crossbow man would have a foot in the stirrup while cranking it or he would have had a bastard of a time keeping it still... :)

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms WIP (6 Sept - A long overdue update!)
« Reply #1006 on: September 07, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
ace - you're becoming rather adept at the green stuff malarky ;)
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms WIP (3 Feb - more new additions!)
« Reply #1007 on: September 07, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
But now I will annoy you by pointing out that the crossbow man would have a foot in the stirrup while cranking it or he would have had a bastard of a time keeping it still... :)

For some reason (it simply has to be my 'orrible tendency to be very anal about Medieval mini's [need embarrassed smiley!]) things like that do bother me- I know..... I should probably be shot at dawn  :D. I'll ask my girlfriend to attend to it tomorrow  lol

Darrell.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Captain Blood's Perry Mounted Men at Arms WIP (6 Sept - A long overdue update!)
« Reply #1008 on: September 07, 2013, 08:18:33 AM »
Maybe he's got his hands on the top steadying it and is just about to put his foot in it  ;)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #1009 on: September 07, 2013, 08:21:23 AM »
Maybe he's got his hands on the top steadying it and is just about to put his foot in it  ;)

cheers

James

Aaaah..... (slow outtake of breath)  I feel much better now  :D

Darrell.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #1010 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:21 AM »
Super poses Captain. I agree with you, that italian handgunner, taking aim and resting his foot on the discarded helm is fantastic. It's a dynamic pose.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #1011 on: September 07, 2013, 08:33:41 AM »
incredible look, captain!

If you want some Milanese translations from Italian, i'm sure there are a couple of LAFers that can help! After all, Milanese and Italian are really different, and in that period the spoken languages in the area of Milan were archaic versions of milanese!

Moreover, that's really funny for us italians: might sound like "El Picinin" and "El Pistûler", but i'm not really milanese, so it might change!

probably Remgain can help!

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1012 on: September 07, 2013, 09:13:35 AM »
They all look wonderful but must say that the handgunner chap taking aim is my favorite as well. The one man at arms, the chap with full helmet, does look bit long-necked, as if the helmet would be sitting too high as it is but I'm sure it does look like that only in a close-up photo.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #1013 on: September 07, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »
Thanks  :)

The one man at arms, the chap with full helmet, does look bit long-necked, as if the helmet would be sitting too high as it is but I'm sure it does look like that only in a close-up photo.

No, you're right - it is too high. I carved the neck away as well. Ah well...  ::)

probably Remgain can help!

I shall consult Marco when it comes to names  ;)

This. Obviously  ;)

ace - you're becoming rather adept at the green stuff malarky ;)

Yeah - if my eyes weren't so knackered, I'd take up sculpting  :)

:-* :-* :-* Wonderful! Good to see those helmets getting used to :)

Yes indeed - thanks Guy. The Fireforge helm was one of yours and the flat cap thingy was from James. So these are an LAF co-creation!

Thanks men!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #1014 on: September 07, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »
Don't listen too these ingrates, they all look excellent!   ::)

... although Mason's various throwaway one liners across the boards have been making me chuckle a lot recently.

The Flemings look particularly gay and dashing!

sorry... what?

;)

Offline doowopapocalypse

• Scientist
    • Random Encounters
« Reply #1015 on: September 07, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »
They all look wonderful! Any luck using the Ansar heads for Balkan mercenaries as you had mentioned elsewhere?
It's nothing, sir. Just a burn from a ray gun.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #1016 on: September 07, 2013, 03:48:21 PM »
Alas no - I completely forgot about that plan...  ::)

Plus I didn't really want to buy an entire box of Ansar just to get half a dozen heads.

But if anyone out there has a few of the Nile Arab heads they don't need...  :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1017 on: September 07, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »
No Arab heads, mate, but plenty of the GW types if there are any more that you want/need.
 :)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #1018 on: September 07, 2013, 04:25:08 PM »
Great stories associated with these guys, can't wait to see them painted :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #1019 on: September 07, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »
Would deffently like to see some of those Nile Arab heads used on some of the Perry figs. Should look interesting.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous