Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690604
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Space Marines Army List Help  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Bubbles

• Scientist
Space Marines Army List Help
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »
Im going to do a Space Marines army and Paint it a good to very high quality and sell it. The colours are going to be ultramarines. Im doing space Marines for a couple of reasons.
-alot of people play em
-My cousin has a huge box of space marines that he doesnt use so I dont really have to  pay for models.
-They're not a horde army so It wont take for ever like my orks

Anyway I was thinking of doing a 5000 point list so that way I can charge a massive amount because its apocalypse as well as being able to have 4 army lists of 1250 to sell off seperately at a smaller cost. So I was just wondering what list/lists should I have. I was thinking of a drop pod/fast attack list for one because it doesnt require that many units as well as a heavy support list like terminators and such for the same reasons.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Space Marines Army List Help
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:05:51 AM »
Not many (active) Space Marine players here on LAF, as you might have noticed.  ::)

You migh tbe better off posing your questions at the Bolter and Chainsword forum (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com); it is dedicated solely to Space Marines and associated forces. There is also a very active community there, with knowledge on all ins and outs of Space Marine army lists. I'm sure you'll get your answers there.

5000 pts is quite an ambitious list to start up though. Good luck... ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »
Or you could try HeresyOnline - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/index.php

Daeothar's right - a 5000pt army is huge.

You're looking at about 150 marines and a dozen vehicles, at a guess.

Or more tanks and fewer troops, or more troops and fewer tanks.

I think I'd start with 6 tactical squads, 2 assault squads and 2 devastator squads, 8 rhinos (one for each squad except the assault squads), a razorback and a 5-man command squad for a captain and retinue - this gets you an entire battle company (2nd Company is popular, the ones with the gold trim to their shoulders) which is an Apocalypse formation in its own right.

After that some tanks and maybe some skimmers or bikes, some Terminators and Scouts and you might be approaching 5000pts.

Probably, a much sensible way of looking at it would be to find out what your cousin (who's going to give you his old minis?) actually has.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:01:00 PM by Red Orc »

Offline Darren

• Scientist
  • Sky Marshall
    • Darren's Hobby Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
Thing to watch out for is loadout on the marines and vehicles.  If you mix/match the units correctly, people will pay more to get them especially if nicely painted.  I'm thinking Commanders with thunder hammers and storm shield, tactical squads with Sergeants with power fists rather than power swords or chainswords, Tactical Squads with decent weapons in the unit (so not mixing meltaguns with a lascannon in the same unit...)...

Bolter & Chainsword guys will be able to help you work out a decent army list for sure.