Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 614
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: LPL Season 6 - The Results  (Read 37887 times)

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
Re: LPL Season 6 - The Results
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 05:55:55 AM »
... actualy I'm not on rank 25 but on rank 9 ... because I aimed to somewhat like 15 or so.  lol

And to be say it here again: thanks to the Prof, Ray and all the others, REALLY great fun! And it was just my first LPL! Somehow I feel, like I should start painting for the next R1 LPL7!!

As for: "Knights of the Order of the LPL" vs "bunch of loonies". Again hard to choose, which I like more!  ;D

thank You guys for these lovely 10 weeks - best wishes
Drachenklinge
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Frank

• LPL Champion (S5,S8) Bronze Medalist (S6)
  • Mad Scientist
    • My TableTop Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 07:19:54 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS to Matt!!!! You really deserve the championship (@Matts Mum: your son is really talented! :-)).This year LPL was fantastic for me. I got a lot of inspiration and I could encourage some of my projcets.  A big thank you to Alex and Ray! You have done a perfect job.

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »
Greetings

it was nerve-wracking. it was work, it was a tight-schedule the last round but overall it was mostly fun.

From my side too many wishes and thanks to everyone involved in the LPL. The painters, organizers, voters. Everyone of you singly and all of us together made some fine ten week interaction marathon. Well done my fellows. I'm so proud of you.

A special congratulation to the top three. Dr, Captain and Frank. I must admit week after week I waited Sunday to come only to download your entries as soon as possible. They make some real stunning screensaver which I get to enjoy every day.

It wasn't my first season to vote, but the first to participate. Did I make my family crazy? Yes. Was it fun? Yes. Did my plan succeed? Not really because of one failed entry. Did I meet my personal goal? Hell, YES.

My goals were to finish all ten weeks, reduce my lead mountain and get a few votes. Those goals were met and I am grateful for that. Becoming Knight 37 of 46 in the Order of the Painting League is a honor. Thank you so much.

Unlike the prof, the Doctor and a few others, I'm glad it is over though. As I wrote in my participation posting, this is a whole different way of painting -for me- and I made great for ten weeks. But now that it is over I have time again for others projects. Without a time-frame to comply.

Thank you much for this great time. And if my mindset has calmed again, I'll probably attend the LPL 7 as well

take care
Jo
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
Excellent fun competition and a very fair result. Well done Matt - thoroughly deserved champion! Great inventive and original entries all the way through, and to a very consistent standard.

Thanks of course to Alex and Ray for all the hard work behind the scenes - believe me, it takes up a lot more time than people might think. It was a great league, and yes, I agree the standard overall was better than ever. Which is surely a very good thing :)

Offline The Breaker

• Scientist
  • Enjoyably annoying
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »
I would like to thank all the participants for taking part in the contest. Also the Professor for making it possible. Bravo!
"We shot them under rule 303"

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 11:08:06 AM »
I missed my fix of voting  yesterday ;D fantastic work everyone and well done to the winners, very well deserved all :D

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 11:11:37 AM »
Brilliant! I really didn't know who was going to clinch it in the end, it was less certain than a Man City trophy! lol

Many congrats to Dr Mathias, but well done to all the entrants – as usual I'm in awe at anyone being able to keep up the pace of the LP for ten weeks. This year was a real cracker, and everyone seemed to be pulling out the stops. We always expect some of LAF's 'bigger' names to pull some good stuff out of the bag for us, but I particularly enjoyed seeing a lot of contestants really improve over the course of the season, both in painting and photography.  :)

Thanks to The Prof and Ray for marshalling the troops and making the whole thing run like clockwork. Splendid work all round! :D

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »
A fantastic competition - the best LPL so far.

There were many occasions when I was truly in awe of the entries and had a really tough time deciding which one to vote for.  Congratulations to all the entrants - you should all be very proud.

Tony

Offline tsar1701

• LPL Silver Medalist (S3), Bronze Medalist (S8)
  • Scientist
    • tsar's universe (in french)
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »
Great League !

I'm happy, I reached the round 10, after my abandonment in the season 4 and the missed first deadline in the season 5  :? good progress  :D

Congratulation to DrMathias, this victory is not a surprise, you deserve it.
Bravo for all other participants.

LPL is for me a great souce of motivation.
Count on me for the season 7  :)
N.V.C. (Never Victorious Chris)

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 11:12:51 AM »
congratulations to the winners, and a big thanks to all those who entered, ther ewere some amazing paintjobs and dioramas in there, and lots of inspiration.

Offline haydn

• Assistant
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »
Just being a "watcher" of the competition, I must congratulate all entrants for their effort.
What I would like to mentions is that the top 15 people sent in some fantastic work and it was very hard on times to pick a 'winner'.
maybe the decision should be Pic 1 or Pic2 or EQUAL.
I'll leave that to the committee to decide.
life is a journey.
It how you tavel on that journey, that matters.