Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:49:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: EPIC HEROES - Q&A  (Read 720 times)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
EPIC HEROES - Q&A
« on: July 09, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »
This thread will be for questions and answers pertaining to the Epic Heroes Fantasy supplement for Brink of Battle.  I copied two posts from the official BoB thread in Other Adventures.  Please ask any Epic Heroes related questions here.

Thanks,

Bob

Quote from: BOBBLE HEAD on Today at 00:46:28
I have a question. I made my Church Hunters, and you were kind enough to point ot that a model only needs to pay Supply Points for Black Powder Pistols once, even if the model has 2 or even 3. Does tgis only apply to Black Powder Pistols? Or does any other weapon with the Sidearm Trait get this too?

My Deamon Souled Beast Handler is sculpted holding 2 Hand Crossbows, so Im wondering if I need to pay for both, or just one, like the BPPistols?

And its okay if a Wardog, doesnt LOOK like a dog right? It can be a Deamonic, tooth and claw covered, slobbering ankle-biter right? 

Answer:
Guns first - You only need to buy a Sidearm once.  It's more applicable to black powder pistols and hand crossbows, because they aren't packing a clip of ammo.  The assumed premise is that you will have enough to use regularly in Close combat without counting bullets and biscuits so to speak.

There will be a section on WYSIWYG in the full Epic Heroes supplement that will discuss the softer parameters for handling all manner of fantasy figures.  So for now, you can use demonic hound type models as long as your opponent is totally clear on what you have there.

Quote from: Feral Lupin on Today at 02:49:15
Two questions for ya, Herr Faust.  First, do the staves and scepter in the magic section count as a staff in melee combat?  Secondly, am I reading Godspark right? As long as one of the nominated target models is within my caster's Arcane Aura, subsequent models can be anywhere on the board?

Use magic staves as the usual Staff weapon, and Scepters as a club.

Godspark does not allow you to reach anyone outside your Arcanist's Arcane Aura distance.  When you first pick your targets, they must be within the Arcane Aura distance to be targeted in the first place.  Once you measure to see who is really in range, only those that are get affected.  As long as you have at least one target model, the spell can be used normally. If no target model is within range, then the spell fails to go off.

Great questions!

Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games