Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690853
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Everest from Crossover Miniatures  (Read 1867 times)

Offline jdeleonardis

• Librarian
Everest from Crossover Miniatures
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:54:06 PM »
I was one of the backers of Crossover Miniatures Kickstarter campaign.  As it turns out, I was lucky enough to work with Rusti and Soapy on designing a supe.  I wanted a big, bulky guy, with sort of a 'mountain' theme, and they gave me exactly what I wanted!  I present to you EVEREST!!!!

My experience with Rusti throughout the whole Kickstarter project was flawless.  He gave numerous updates - it seemed just when I thought 'huh, wonder how the superhero business is going', Rusti would send out a new message with some pictures of the sculpts.  On the topic of the sculpts themselves, Soapy is an amazing sculptor.  You will notice with Everest (and all of the other figures are the same way) that there is great muscle definition and really strong details, which make painting them a pleasure.

If you havent kept up with the project, each figure comes with 3 separate heads, most of which 'crossover' with other miniatures in the range.  The fun thing about supers is that they are all different - the multi head system gives you lots of ways to customize your characters.  Who wants to have the same super hero as the next guy????

I would highly recommend Crossover http://crossoverminiatures.com/.
Check out my blog The Raptor's Nest

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
Re: Everest from Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »
funny that you  particularly bring up this Mini.So far thats the one i like the least  lol i rather spend my Cash on Ram Jam and the Whisker Mini  ;D

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 04:06:17 AM »
Looking good Jay!  He's become one of my favorites.  Being a Vermonter though, I want to paint him up as the Green Mountain Man as well as the color scheme I already have.

spend my Cash on Ram Jam and the Whisker Mini
What's stopping you!  8)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »
I rather like most of the line so far, the two least favorites if I had to pick is the sidekick and the blaster guy....every one of them seems to have something with character that everyone could pull out.

Looking forward to placing an order soon for my goodies!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline jdeleonardis

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »
Green Mountain Man

Ohhhhh, I like it!

every one of them seems to have something with character that everyone could pull out.

I agree!  Thats the key - you want something generic enough that you can put your style on, but not TOOO generic.  I think thats what Rusti and Soapy have managed to pull off.