Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690844
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Storage of the rank & file ????  (Read 2292 times)

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
Storage of the rank & file ????
« on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »
What are you doing for these two items ??? The Storage and Transport of units for nappy gaming seem to be a big deal Ive noticed that some store and transport with plastic boxes and others do transporting in something dedicated for such a job, knowing that rank and file models arnt to keen on car rides and such I thought Id start a discussion on what you may use or are planning to use also what you would NOT recommend for this!

Also feel free to mention your scale as Im looking for any extra info on 28mm and pictures would help us if you can provide them please!

As silly as this seems the christmas season is coming the seasonal availability of odd and useful containers is something worthy of note as Plano makes some great plastic options for storage.

So how are you storing your rank & file army?

Gordon
Adler Hobby NH USA
www.adlerhobby.com
Stop by our fun Black powder Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackpowderNE/

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Storage of the rank & file ????
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »
Tool boxes can be useful bit more fitting for 15mm size wise, Ive used box files also though you need to great runners to store the bases and stop movement (draught excluder can work) or plastic boxes form cheap shops is equally easy

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:44:28 PM »
I have wooden boxes for my ACW Union army, I simply put them in War of the Rings regimental bases and put them in the box, this might me not best idea, but so far I don't have a better one.

What I would most definately not recommend when doing this is fast decellerations or accellerations with your Transport vehicles, as it will propably mess everthing up.
Far less active than I used to...

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
I use the stackable plastic jeweler's display trays. They also sell relatively cheap cases and bags to transport several trays in. Just line the trays with magnetic sheet and you are set. http://www.nilecorp.com/store-detail.asp?CategoryID=Jewelry-Display-Trays-Inserts&SubCategoryID=20021403

Offline adlerhobby

• Librarian
    • Adler Hobby
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 07:06:47 PM »
I use the stackable plastic jeweler's display trays. They also sell relatively cheap cases and bags to transport several trays in. Just line the trays with magnetic sheet and you are set. http://www.nilecorp.com/store-detail.asp?CategoryID=Jewelry-Display-Trays-Inserts&SubCategoryID=20021403

This is awesome, having been a retailer for 10 years and getting into the Napoleonic genre (Black Powder by Warlord) of gaming for the first time as both a personel hobby and orginizing a gaming group, the storage options available havnt fit the bill till now this seems to be a perfect match would you have any pictures to share ?

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of my troops in the cases. I will note that I usually buy my stuff from Dave's Baggage Terrain. They have a picture or two. Note that they have magnetic sheeting, paper steel, and foam inserts custom made for the trays.

http://davesbaggagetrain.com/index.html

Right now my trays sit on bookshelves in the basement, but if I ever get a nice dedicated gaming space they will live in these cases.

http://www.nilecorp.com/products.asp?sku=CS%2D3412E

I also like to keep a tray or two handy to work out of. The 1" are good for that sort of thing. If I spill a little paint ot glue or get messy with my flocking it is all neatly contained in the plastic tray.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:46:50 PM by Aaron »

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 05:02:01 PM »
28mm ACW Brother Against Brother - as these are individual figures based on steel washers I have cut down the cardboard boxes that reams of paper come in, added a 3mm thick MDF base and added lines of magnetic strip purchased from Staples or similar. The cut down boxes are strong and the MDF liner makes sure that the magnetic tape is securely positioned.

28mm Elements or Stands - I will use the same boxes and MDF base but have yet to decide on Steel bases/magnetic sheet or MDF bases and 1/4 wide wood strips to secure and separate the elements/stands.

15mm F&F or Age of Eagles - compartmentized plastic boxes avaiable from Walmart or the clear plastic fishing tackle boxes.   
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club