Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim Combined Dwarf Warbands Document  (Read 1900 times)

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Mordheim Combined Dwarf Warbands Document
« on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:55 PM »
Nothing much original here, taking brewers from the KaK supliment, Treasure hunters from Mord and bits and pieces from other places (e.g. Miner from the The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM thread here on LAF, longbead from the Dwarf Rangers PDF).

I have combined 4 dwarf warbands into one document and pretied it up with some of my fiancee's old art.

I would love some feedback on the document, is warband construction clear this way, or overly complicated, also on the rules, the stats (particularily the leaders) and I threw together some of the fluff statements (again some from the above places, some I made up) very quickly so if you have any changes in mind for them I would love to here it too.

This is all sort of part of my MODheim project, the idea being to add a lot more flexibility to the warbands and compile them into less documents.

Anywa, all comments and critisism welcome:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzXjWYwhLwQLSjJEXzlyN2NZYjA

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
Re: Mordheim Combined Dwarf Warbands Document
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
Nothing much original here, taking brewers from the KaK supliment, Treasure hunters from Mord and bits and pieces from other places (e.g. Miner from the The ruins of Krappefortt MORDHEIM thread here on LAF, longbead from the Dwarf Rangers PDF).

I have combined 4 dwarf warbands into one document and pretied it up with some of my fiancee's old art.

I would love some feedback on the document, is warband construction clear this way, or overly complicated, also on the rules, the stats (particularily the leaders) and I threw together some of the fluff statements (again some from the above places, some I made up) very quickly so if you have any changes in mind for them I would love to here it too.

This is all sort of part of my MODheim project, the idea being to add a lot more flexibility to the warbands and compile them into less documents.

Anywa, all comments and critisism welcome:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzXjWYwhLwQLSjJEXzlyN2NZYjA

Hey mate. I'm going to read this as soon as I can. Interesting stuff :)
Cheers
Faber

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 05:57:25 PM »
Great stuff, maxxev!

It certainly adds a lot more choice and variety when playing a Dwarf band without causing any imbalance.

Nice work.
 :)

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »
Just noticed I missed strength skills off of the Longbeard ::).

@ Faber; please feadback any comments you might have :).

Over on Toms Forum there is a suggestion that 5 heroes means that with all the Dwarves bonuses they could start with a similar income to a 6 hero warband, which would make them broken.
I have suggested that a rule be added along the lines of:
Declining Race:
A Dwarf warband may only ever initially recruit 4 heroes (including the leader). The last 2 hero slots in a roster may only ever be filled by Promoted Henchmen, however a warband may still replace lost heroes if they are killed. Replacing models need not be of the same hero type (as long as you have not reached the maximum allowed).

I would give the same rule to the elves as well. This rule allows me to give the warbands more than 4 hero options ,but leaves it down to the player which choices they will pick for those 4 options (e.g. for the miners list they will likely want to take 2 miners, but do they then take the trollslayer, or the engineer....).

Any opinions on this (or anything else) please let me know.

Cheers