Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:16:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Old Glory HYW  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
Old Glory HYW
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:13:58 PM »
I'm toying with the idea of buying a few packs of Old Glory HYW figures to use alongside my existing Perry's and I'm looking for  some advice or, even better, some comparison shots as to whether this is a good move.

I've heard that their medieval stuff is quite nice but I'm also aware that OG have a reputation for having some sub par sculpts and dud ranges. I also realise that the sculpting probably won't be to the same level as the Perry's but I'm hoping scalewise they might fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Old Glory HYW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »
Front Rank's seem nicer, but they probably won't fit so well with the slim Perry's. I realise this is no help at all.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
Thanks I have a few Front Rank and they are nice, slightly bulkier but they could be mixed with Perry at a pinch.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:24:49 PM »
I haven't really got time to go into any real detail as i'm packing to go and look after my folks for the weekend, but, my first choice is always the Perry's for the Late HYW. Front Rank will do for the Early and Late stages, you just have to be careful which miniatures you order, Crusader are good for the Early War- I'm sure that I've missed some out..... Old Glory are very hit and miss so I personally would stick with Perry. If you're insistant on using Od Glory then I have some men-at-arms that I could sell cheeply if need be.

sorry for such a short posting  :).

Darrell.

PS. PM me if you want the OG miniatures....

or
I'm toying with the idea of buying a few packs of Old Glory HYW figures to use alongside my existing Perry's and I'm looking for  some advice or, even better, some comparison shots as to whether this is a good move.

I've heard that their medieval stuff is quite nice but I'm also aware that OG have a reputation for having some sub par sculpts and dud ranges. I also realise that the sculpting probably won't be to the same level as the Perry's but I'm hoping scalewise they might fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
. Old Glory are very hit and miss so I personally would stick with Perry.

+1

Hard to beat the twins on price either