Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: AAR: Threshold Mission 006  (Read 2176 times)

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
AAR: Threshold Mission 006
« on: September 23, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »
AFTER ACTION REPORT: Threshold Mission 006

Summary: Commander Mia Wallace and Agents Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield entered the areas surrounding the desecrated church in order to recover priceless, ancient artifacts. Jules Winnfield was KIA. Several scrolls and map pieces were recovered.

Quote from: Narrator
As usual, the wife wanted to play Threshold and her newly-created list (I've butchered the last two Characters) was loaded up with three new agents:
-Commander Mia Wallace, a two-fisted pistoleer armed with a Shotgun, Lead Breastplate, and Whip.
-Agent Vincent Vega, a linguist carrying a .45 Auto, a Shotgun, and a knife
-Agent Jules Winnfield, a dexterous sort carrying standard equipment as well as his BMF wallet (Lucky Hat) and a Bible.

Their mission was to capture or neutralize the five L.U.R.K.E.R (Lawless Urchins Resplendently Killing Even Retirees) Cultists, one of whom was a leader. Several of these cultists were Sneaky, one armed with a Shotgun, and the cult leader was armed with two .22 pistols and was an expert at akimbo marksmanship.

Upon engagement, Threshold was pleased to note that the Sneaky LURKERs were hiding among the ruins of the old church as well as behind several boulders. Unfortunately for the LURKERS, Threshold luckily earned both the iniative as well as their choice of starting area, and thus the LURKER who was planning to pop out from behind the rocks and cut some throats was immediately cut down by a fusillade of gunfire from three willing lawpersons. Suffice it to say that the LURKER ended up a stain on the side of a rock, thanks to a skillful Critical Hit to the brainpan with no less than a shotgun at close range.

While the LURKER forces cursed their bad luck, they quickly gathered up the first Objective, a crate loaded with samples of the Black Oil (of X-Files Fame) while the Threshold agents advanced onto the second, which they searched and found were loaded with chaff, primarily, although a scroll eventually was found. Agent Winnfield was the first to arrive to search, but it was a mistake. His BMF wallet would not save him from his fate.

The LURKER leader who was hiding in the ruins popped out from around the corner of the ruins (apparently Threshold was too busy examining the crates to remember the man with two .22 pistols who was 6 feet away) and put two well placed shots directly into the eye sockets of the agent. He was immediately killed, slumping lifeless over the crate.

Enraged, Vincent Vega and his Shotgun "Bessie" rushed toward the Cultists, firing and killing another. Commander Wallace advanced and hit the Cult Leader with a shotgun blast that lifted his dead body off the ground, tossing him three feet back onto rubble.  This sent one of the last two LURKERs into a panic, where he passed out, and subsequently fell off his ledge. Amazingly, he was unharmed, although still unconscious. He got two shots off with his shotgun, in vain, before Wallace removed part of his torso with a well-placed shotgun blast, ending the engagement. At least he didn't panic before he died...he died a man.

Commander Wallace and Vega took this time to search some more boxes, finding two scrolls and a map piece. When they looked up, a LURKER wearing a bright orange outfit was attempting in vain to hide behind trees and hills as he rushed at them with a huge Bowie. A shame that he brought a knife to a gunfight, because that tactical error caused his intestines to be sprayed against a tree as "Vinnie and Bessie" blasted a hole clean through him.

Quote from: That all knowing voice
After all was said and done, Commander Wallace had one gravely wounded Agent to contend with. With the single most unlucky roll of the night, SNAKE-FRIGGIN-EYES, Jules Winnfield floated off to the great Threshold office in the sky to meet with my wife's legion of past tactical errors.

Agent Vega, the sole remaining agent under Commander Wallace's command, was given the Read Languages skill, which he immediately put to use in deciphering spells. Tempting fate, Commander Wallace opted to search a crate rather than for a map piece, and she ended up with another scroll.

At the end of the day, it was a mostly successful mission for Threshold, although I'm sure that the Black Oil taken by the LURKERs will end up spawing countless horrors as their career continues. Now to find a replacement agent or three....

~END OF FILE
www.superflycircus.blogspot.com
Board Game Reviews And Social Commentary At Its Finest

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: AAR: Threshold Mission 006
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:42:52 PM »
Nice AAR!

Sounds like you take whacking your wife's Threshold team pretty seriously!
 ;)

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »
Sounds like a fun game -- except for the unlucky agent.   lol
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »
Nice battle report. It looked like a really fun game!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »
Great report!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline superflytnt

• Mad Scientist
  • Cthulhu. Cthulhu never changes.
    • Superfly Circus - Board Games And Social Commentary
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
Nice AAR!

Sounds like you take whacking your wife's Threshold team pretty seriously!
 ;)

I do my level best to butcher her hapless agents...she's a very lucky roller (2 critical hits that game) and so I have to really plan for the worst every game. As you can see, this was our sixth game. The previous 5 ended up with severely injured Characters and Agents, and the last game had me absolutely slaughter them all, 1 Character, 2 Agents, amd a Civvy. each one rolled very poorly on the MIT, resulting in death for all of them.

This was her "new" list, this time more well thought-out. It worked out that she got Jules wasted because now she gets to equip whatever she wants, allowing her to take advantage of her 2-fisted pistolera skill. After my cult leader hit Jules with the dual .22 pistols she's certainly going to go with the dual .45 autos.

And I'm thrilled that I can finally break out my nastier baddies than the lowly cultists.