Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Short tutorial on how to make a shanty town  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Short tutorial on how to make a shanty town
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Hi, I have recently finished my shanty town and decided to create  short partially illustrated tutorial on how I constructed my 20mm shanty town. I hope you find it interesting and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me though pm, email or my blog.

"Hi, It's finally time for shanty town illustrated tutorial that I have been delaying for several years now. First of all a small introduction on why on earth I wanted to make a shanty town. The initial project was started several years ago after seeing a series of interesting battle reports featuring the Peter Pig's Ak47 rules and the movie District 9 which was set in an african township featuring aliens and a corporate security company. The goal was to start a small project using 20mm plastic figures and some vehicles to play Ak47 but after a while the attention turned to other project mostly in 28mm and so the pieces were stored untill further notice. Now some months ago I stumbled on the box with unfinished pieces and decided to finish them so they could be used in games or could be eventual sold. As said the shanty town is made to represent an African township such as Soweto, the one pictured. For those who never heard of shanty towns: shanty towns are settlements of impoverished people who live in improvised dwellings made from scrap plywood, corrugated metal and sheets of plastic. These shanty towns are often built on the periphery of cities and are lacking basic necessities such as electricity and water."

Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Short tutorial on how to make a shanty town
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:12 PM »
Nice tutorial.
Lots of good ideas.
Seeing your buildings,
maybe that will get me to finish mine.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Hildred Castaigne

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
You have done a marvelous job on that shanty town!
Thank you very much for sharing that tutorial.

I am about to embark on my final project in 28mm and these shanties are just perfect!  ;)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments if you have further questions when building you're own piecs please don't hesitate to ask as I'm more than willing to help if I can!  ;)