Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:07:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690796
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: LAF+KS=a Flood of upcoming Threads?  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
LAF+KS=a Flood of upcoming Threads?
« on: October 14, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »
With all this KS Madness going on right now i'm a bit concerned that LAF soon will be flooded with KS related Threads.I dont expect every Thread to be a LAF Mammoth Thread with over 30 Pages of Eye Candy but i would appreciate it  lol When you're using the Search Function now you'll find plenty of 1-2 Pages Threads with Pictures that already have been removed or deleted  :'(
Is this the Future of LAF? 28 different  "My Judge Dredd Stuff" on the Future Wars Board and 42 Threads of People showing their Reaper KS Minis?
i say more Community less Ego:why not just start a Thread like "post your Reaper KS Minis here",that Doctor Who Thread on the Future Wars Board is a perfect Example of how it could be handled.Maybe there should be Limitation of how many Threads someone can start?  :-X

again i'm not talking about someone posting a new Release and i gladly would like to see 42 different takes on the Reaper Purple Worm but do i really need to browse 16 different Threads on 5 different Boards (The Future,the Postapoc,the modern/other,the Workbench,the Cthulhu...) to see some Pics of painted Zombicide Minis?I dont want to turn this Forum into a virtual Miniature Cataloge,a bit more Focus on the started Threads would be fine.It makes much more Sense to start a Dr.Falkenhayns Sci-fi Stuff instead of 5 Threads with my near Future,Cyberpunk,Terminator,Alien,Star Trek Stuff.Does it makes Sense to start a Star Trek Thread when the only Thing i can show is a black undercoated single  Mini?

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
Re: LAF+KS=a Flood of upcoming Threads?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »
Does it makes Sense to start a Star Trek Thread when the only Thing i can show is a black undercoated single  Mini?

No.

If we make it "painted minis only" and Reaper bones piles act anything like typical lead piles, I wouldn't expect to see more than a dozen of those five million sold minis in this decade. lol

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »
I dont agree with anything of what you wrote, not a single thing. I want to be able to make my own threads, period.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
What's KS?

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »
I'm guessing KS =  Kick-Starter?
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
With all this KS Madness going on right now i'm a bit concerned that LAF soon will be flooded with KS related Threads.I dont expect every Thread to be a LAF Mammoth Thread with over 30 Pages of Eye Candy but i would appreciate it  lol When you're using the Search Function now you'll find plenty of 1-2 Pages Threads with Pictures that already have been removed or deleted  :'(
Is this the Future of LAF? 28 different  "My Judge Dredd Stuff" on the Future Wars Board and 42 Threads of People showing their Reaper KS Minis?
i say more Community less Ego:why not just start a Thread like "post your Reaper KS Minis here",that Doctor Who Thread on the Future Wars Board is a perfect Example of how it could be handled.Maybe there should be Limitation of how many Threads someone can start?  :-X

again i'm not talking about someone posting a new Release and i gladly would like to see 42 different takes on the Reaper Purple Worm but do i really need to browse 16 different Threads on 5 different Boards (The Future,the Postapoc,the modern/other,the Workbench,the Cthulhu...) to see some Pics of painted Zombicide Minis?I dont want to turn this Forum into a virtual Miniature Cataloge,a bit more Focus on the started Threads would be fine.It makes much more Sense to start a Dr.Falkenhayns Sci-fi Stuff instead of 5 Threads with my near Future,Cyberpunk,Terminator,Alien,Star Trek Stuff.Does it makes Sense to start a Star Trek Thread when the only Thing i can show is a black undercoated single  Mini?

That's life. The things have changed. There is Kickstarter now and LAF was getting a big community. Every one has to tell a story about his hobby and perhaps sometimes these stories aren't that interesting for you or someone else. But they're interesting for other members for sure. Being a part of a huge community like this means to learn to be more tolerant.

I'm not able to create every week new rules for new situations and I am surely not going to do so. Also I don't want it. So just don't open the topics you don't want/have to read. This is the only advice I can offer.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »
I'd like to add that it should make no difference where a miniature comes from, be it a kickstarter project or just bought off some retailer.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »
That's life. The things have changed. There is Kickstarter now and LAF was getting a big community. Every one has to tell a story about his hobby and perhaps sometimes these stories aren't that interesting for you or someone else. But they're interesting for other members for sure. Being a part of a huge community like this means to learn to be more tolerant.

I'm not able to create every week new rules for new situations and I am surely not going to do so. Also I don't want it. So just don't open the topics you don't want/have to read. This is the only advice I can offer.

Sorry Dr Falkenhayn but I am a big fan of zombicide. There are many threads on this forum I can't be bothered about. I just don't read them. I have my miniature niches, other people have their favorite miniature line/period. I think prof. Witchheimer is right it is just a case of "live and let live". :)

Regards,
Za

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »
Well I'm certainly not in favour of more rules about what people can or can't post, but I confess I'm already sick of seeing the words 'Kick starter'.
And no, I'm not as tolerant as I should be :)
But like most wargaming fads, it won't last forever.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
But like most wargaming fads, it won't last forever.

Yeah, like that internet thing! ;-)

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »
This...

Every one has to tell a story about his hobby

... is what LAF has always been about for me.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
I am terribly excited about my Red Box Kickstarter minis that are coming, so expect to see something as soon as I get them! And yes, it may start w/ a pic of the contents of my goodie box!

As long as KS gets minis made that otherwise wouldn't be, I'm a fan. Where is all the hatred for KS coming from? I'm happy to help the little guy, and if a big company sells something I want via KS, or whatever, I'll get it, esp. if I can get a sweet deal. Does that mean I've been manipulated, or I won't spend the $$ on some other sweet deal? NO, it means I made a choice...

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »
If I am not interested in reading a thread I just skip over it. There are plenty of subject on here that don't interest me but there are others that want to see it. I like to see whatever is coming up or new in my interest area and every thing else I just skip over. What I like about here is we get so much information & often before it comes out other places.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 07:59:26 AM »
I agree that we don't need to implement new rules (for now), but with this increase of posts of more and more disparate topics I maintain that improved profile filter settings would be a blessing. I am not saying that it is something Alex can provide like that *snap*, but it is something to be on the look out for at SMF.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 08:12:34 AM »
How mentioned once, the next version of SMF software allows to “ignore” boards for users. So you would be able to pick up your themes. But such a forum migration isn’t that simple so I guess I will need a vacation of 3-4 days just for this. My plan is to try the update on coming Christmas holidays, but no promise as life is getting busy for me.