Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Help me find a suitable Director miniature...  (Read 2259 times)

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Help me find a suitable Director miniature...
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:14:28 AM »
Ok guys, this one got me stumped. I've been assembling a whole cast of characters for the current scifi RPG campaign my friends and I are playing at the moment. At the moment, I've got a veritable army of redshirts/bad guys already, and the entire group of 'good' guys complete, bar one.

And that's turned out to be a problematic one, so I need you help finding a suitable mini for this character.

It's the 'director'. She's a sturdily built woman, nearing middle age, with a stiff/stern militairy look to her (so no tomboy/ Lara Croft/Sarah Connor/Ruiz; think dress uniform). The DM provided one picture to give us an idea, and I've included it here. The princess Leia earwarmers are a plus, but not a must.

I've basically scoured all 'miniature store' links in my Favourites, going through each and every range with a fine comb, and only found one possible candidate in Bob Murch's pulp range. But those only go per pack of five, and I only have need for the one on the right:

http://pulpfigures.com/products/view/43

Also; this one needs work, as I need her to be in a non action pose, and unarmed. The hat also needs to go, but I have no problem with a little converting and reposing. Size is also not an issue, as this character is supposed to only be a hologram, giving the rest of the crew their assignments.

Ideally, we'd be looking at a Russian militairy type, built like a Bulgarian Shot-putter (F), standing straight, hands clasped behind the back and looking stern. Can be anything from 20mm to 32mm, as she will be a holographic projection anyway.

So; can anyone recommend a suitable figure for this one?
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Melnibonean

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Boiled Beans
Re: Help me find a suitable Director miniature...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »
What about this one from Copplestone's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang range: KKBB103 Henchmen -
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=KKB
Below is a link to my blog. It's the place where I write uninteresting things about little toy soldiers. I do this because I refuse to grow up and behave like an adult.

http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com.au/

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 11:15:50 AM »
Khurasan miniatures has a cool one but there site is still down do the hurricane Sandy
Here is one but it's the 15mm(yes 15mm) version they have a 28mm one also. She is not so sturdily built but has everything else.
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=283091
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Online Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »
The brown shirt on the right in this pack might work.  The rifle should be easy to cut away:

http://pulpfigures.com/products/view/43

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
Thanks so far guys. :)

The 15mm figure looks nice, but the eyepatch might be a dealbreaker.
And I have the Copplestone hench(wo)man, but is a WIP conversion into a 'regular' old lady, with her knuckleduster on the left hand removed, and the leash of her pug attached. Good call though; she does have that suitable 'I'll bite off your face' look. Too bad about the shoulderbag though.

So far the Pulp brownshirt, which already was my personal favourite, is still looking the most promising.

Any more suggestions? Keep 'em coming, as I've already had one (the Khurassan one), which I hadn't seen before...

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
What about the prison matron top right in pic
http://pulpfigures.com/products/view/82

Offline Daysman

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »
or Mrs Plumber by "Space vixen from Mars"

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
...and... Odd Duck getting the lead, Odd Duck, Odd Duck, he's ahead by half a length. Will Original Suggestion be able to come alongside? No, it's Odd Duck, increasing the lead to a full length, coming up on the last straight and it's  a simple stretch to the finish for Odd Duck and a convincing win, leaving Original Suggestion and Bandit's Midget way behind. Yes; this is looking to become an interesting season ladies and gentlemen, with plenty of useful miniature suggestions and insights. Thank you and stay tuned for more thrilling races, right after these messages...

:D

Thanks Odd Duck; that's exactly what I was looking for. And I checked Bob Murch's stuff several times too. How I overlooked that one, I don't know. ::) But with the baton removed and some Helga-braidrolls added, this lady is just perfect!

Yay for collective visual memory!! ;)

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »
Glad I  could help

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 06:40:16 AM »
Even though you can only get Bob Murch's pulp stuff in packs and not individually, his stuff is popular enough here on LAF (for very good reasons!) that you could almost certain flip the unwanted figures you're left with on the Bazaar here and not have unwanted figures hanging around.

I agree that prison matron woman should be ideal for your purposes. Maybe add a few ribbons or medals to her chest, tweak the clothing to look a bit more military, carefully file off the billy club (or not...) and you're good to go.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 06:51:33 AM »
You could replace the club with a riding crop.  :D

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.