Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:44:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WIP: Antenociti's NRF 'Komodo' 2&3...  (Read 9764 times)

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
Re: WIP: Antenociti's NRF 'Komodo' 2&3...
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »
Whitey's right arm...

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 08:01:44 AM »
Ouch, a bit expensive. But musty-buys nonetheless.

*edit*

Never mind, I'll skip.

£45 for 3 models and then £10 for shipping? No way.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:07:09 AM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »
Very nice painting as usual  :-*

The white one should have UN markings on it  :D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:58 AM »
Ouch, a bit expensive
Certainly wouldn't mind if it was cheaper.

One one hand, you get nearly three Warhammer 40.000 Terminators for the price of one, tho they are placcys and smaller.

On the other, you get close to two of these at the price of one Infinity TAG, but they are metal and bigger, tho with less alternate components in most cases.

On the third, the rather fairly comparable Sedition Wars Unitility Carapace (resin, bulkier but with less components) is about a third more expensive.

I don't consider p&p since I almost certainly have to pay it anyway, regardless of the product.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:48:47 AM by tnjrp »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2012, 09:58:11 AM »
Certainly wouldn't mind if it was cheaper.

One one hand, you get nearly three Warhammer 40.000 Terminators for the price of one, tho they are placcys and smaller.

On the other, you get close to two of these at the price of one Infinity TAG, but they are metal and bigger, tho with less alternate components in most cases.

On the third, the rather fairly comparable Sedition Wars Unitility Carapace (resin, bulkier but with less components) is about a third more expensive.

I don't consider p&p since I almost certainly have to pay it anyway, regardless of the product.

There is p&p and there is p&p. And paying £10 for three miniatures is a lot more than I usually pay. Another problem is these aren't available from websites which offer free/cheaper shipping in some form or through a brick & mortar store.
£15 is a lot for one model IMO. I can get three Zandris IV suits for £35 ...10 quid less, also metal, a lot bigger and cheaper shipping (£4.38). That saves me £15!
http://z4miniatures.blogspot.nl/2010/04/online-shop-28mm-sci-fi.html

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
And paying £10 for three miniatures is a lot more than I usually pay
I suppose it's a bit much but personally I don't see the problem in this case. I very rarely only buy 3 miniatures at a time, precisely because there is often (and understandably) a fairly high initial down payment for the whole order and then a lot less extra payment per each additional. Doing that, I don't recall Antenociti's p&p being very exhorbitant.

Offline DeeDee

• Student
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »
There is p&p and there is p&p. And paying £10 for three miniatures is a lot more than I usually pay. Another problem is these aren't available from websites which offer free/cheaper shipping in some form or through a brick & mortar store.
£15 is a lot for one model IMO. I can get three Zandris IV suits for £35 ...10 quid less, also metal, a lot bigger and cheaper shipping (£4.38). That saves me £15!
http://z4miniatures.blogspot.nl/2010/04/online-shop-28mm-sci-fi.html

Hi Malebolgia,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I wanted to point out a couple of minor inconsistencies in your post?

UK postage over £25.00 is Free on these miniatures (as it is on all AW products up to 2kg)
EU Postage over £50.00 is Free on these miniatures (as it is on all AW products up to 2kg)

Assuming you are logged into your account that is, Free postage and most other discounts just do not show up if you do not have an account or are not logged-in. (which, for the effort of doing so, we "pay you" £1.00 to spend on the store). You also earn further discount points on any purchases ....roughly £0.75p per model in this case).

So your prices are a little off once you take advantage of various long-standing offers.

You will, if in North America, be able to pick these up next year via a NA distributor, same for Australia, and you can currently get AW products from Battlefield Berlin.
Whether or not they do free postage I do not know.

As to general postage costs: we charge what we pay. The big issue with overseas postage is the £5.50p flat charge for a signed-for delivery service. 
Why do we ask customers to pay that? Well prior to sending everything signed-for our fraud-rate via paypal was around 15%, where people claimed a parcel had not been delivered and then got papal to give their money back.

Since swapping to signed-for services the fraud rate is zero...and has been for the last 3 years or so. Its a shame, because £5.50p is a lot, especially on small orders, but the facts speak for themselves and we have to protect ourselves.  Of course this is part of why we offer the Free Postage services on AW products: we assume the risk wherever we can bear it. 
There is, very often, the feeling from some of a belief that companies try to make extra money from postage fees, whether that is true for others I do not know, but we do not and ,like many, many other companies we generally take a small loss regardless.

/Dee

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »
Brilliant!! :o

I much better like them than the 'hand' version. Your painting skills are top notch D.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 01:34:42 AM »
Brilliant work.  Something about the models still doesn't attract me - but the work is top notch, and the casts look excellent.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »
@DeeDee: Thanks for the informative post. Top notch. The clarification on the shipping is good to know. You've got me doubting a purchase again ;)

@Dwartist: can these weapons easily be magnetised? For gaming purposes it would be excellent to have all the weapon options available.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 02:18:03 PM »

@Dwartist: can these weapons easily be magnetised? For gaming purposes it would be excellent to have all the weapon options available.
[/quote]

I would think so...there's a good 'butt' joint on the weapon and in the arm but they'd have to be small magnets. I have some 'E' magnets in various sizes and the one coded e303 seem just about right. Unfortunately my 'arms' are filled with weapons so I can't check if they fit in the 'cuff' but i'll trim the sprue of another weapon sometime this week and fit a magnet. I'll let you know.

Edit. just checked the website and the e303 are 2mm (£8 per hundred) and they have they have a 1mm, e305  (£7 per hundred)
http://e-magnetsuk.com/magnet_products/neodymium_magnets/circular_disc_magnets.aspx

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
weathering...

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 07:19:06 AM »
I would think so...there's a good 'butt' joint on the weapon and in the arm but they'd have to be small magnets. I have some 'E' magnets in various sizes and the one coded e303 seem just about right
Yep, from the pix it does look like they definitely could take small magnets. But I suppose I'll see about that myself one day soonish.

ETA: interestingly, the Antenociti shop gives a strong impression that the production model is all metal. I was under the impression it was "resin body, metal bitz". That has some effect on the magnetizing plans to be sure, if correct.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:00:47 AM by tnjrp »