Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:01:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690852
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WWW 2 Battle report...new guy report... Hello!  (Read 6969 times)

Offline slobberblood

• Bookworm
    • http://www.chaos-arts.com
WWW 2 Battle report...new guy report... Hello!
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:58:22 PM »
The first battle with my son went well, using some rules I found around the internet, I set up the scenario for the boys. The players were my son Jarrett and his best friend harry. The scenario was the Nazis had discovered a working dimensional gate and were using it

to acquire allies to win the war. I built a Star gate and finished painting over 40 Nazi troopers for the battle. The boys had a mix force of American and British commandos and five super heroes, captain America, the Slayer, Indiana Jones, Lobster Johnson, and The Doctor.

The Nazis forces included about 40 infantry, 2 heavy machine gun bunkers, and 3 super villains, Colonel Karl Ruprecht Kroenen, The Red Skull, and a super soldier by the name of Fritz Von Doom (enhance strength).

The battle started with my son taking a team of British commandos, The Slayer, and Lobster Johnson rushing up a fortified hill where the heavy bunkers kept the main force pinned with heavy machine gun fire.

He lost about 50% of the commandos rushing the bunkers, but Johnson and the Slayer reached the cusp of the hill, but where attacked in close combat by a squad of infantry and the super soldier Fritz.

Johnson slipped away from the combat and The Slayer took on the entire squad, killing three troopers and wounding Fritz heavily before being brought down with a cascade of heavy blows.

Captain American and his forces headed straight for the Gate with the American commandos, The Doctor was kept off the field in his TARDIS.

The Americans were also under attack by about 20 infantry, losing about 4 commandos to rifle fire; the commandos fired back then charge into close combat, destroying the entire Nazi squad.

Captain American ran past the skirmish and attacked the Nazi infantry next to the gate, attacking a squad of 5 and killing three troopers and routing the rest. Colonel Karl Ruprecht Kroenen and The red skull charged Captain America, a brutal close combat ensued.

While the battles rage around the table, The Doctor warped in by TARDIS and deactivated the gate with his sonic screwdriver. The British with the help of Lobster Johnson captured the bunkers, and Captain America routed Ruprecht Kroenen and the Red Skull. The battles was won but with heavy loses, The Captain was on his last hit point, when the American commandos made it to the hill where the gate was deactivated.
::EDIT::
Nazi Photos removed...
if you want to see them go to my BLOG: http://www.chaos-arts.com/
My Blog: http://www.chaos-arts.com
The Old Gamer's Den
Gaming, painting, collecting, horror movies, comics, artwork, and my crazy antics?

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 04:24:13 PM »
Looks like a fun game! :mrgreen:
I especially like the mix of characters ( I always thought the Doctor would be cool in a Weird War setting!)
It's nice to get the kids interested in stuff rather than " The Company That Shall Not Be Named".
Excellent stuff!

One minor thing ( I hope you don't think I'm being an arse), being a new member you may not be aware of the site's view on Nazi symbolism. The use of Swastikas, SS runes etc are a bit of a no no when you are posting pictures. Just to make you aware so you don't upset anybody.

Regards
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline slobberblood

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 04:29:54 PM »
Quote from: "Pappa Midnight"
Looks like a fun game! :mrgreen:
I especially like the mix of characters ( I always thought the Doctor would be cool in a Weird War setting!)
It's nice to get the kids interested in stuff rather than " The Company That Shall Not Be Named".
Excellent stuff!

One minor thing ( I hope you don't think I'm being an arse), being a new member you may not be aware of the site's view on Nazi symbolism. The use of Swastikas, SS runes etc are a bit of a no no when you are posting pictures. Just to make you aware so you don't upset anybody.

Regards
PM

My bad... photos removed....

Online Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
Hurrah for Captain America! :lol:

Looks like a great game, both in action and visual impression! And Pappa M. is right. I wouldnīt call it a "no-no" since it can have serious legal repercussions for the persons responsible (notably Prof. Witchheimer, who runs the forum, and me, who moderates the WWW2 forum). So you may post links to further battle reports, but please refrain from posting pictures with said imagery. Itīs the law here.

Other than that, please let us know if you do more games. :)

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
It's a shame to remove all your pics!
Have you got photoshop to blur out the symbols?
If not, PM me and I'll give you my E-mail address. Send the pics to me and I'll sort them out for you.

Regards
PM

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 05:03:14 PM »
Nice use of Heroclix, Horrorclix, Warzone and Heroscape minis, thanks for sharing. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline slobberblood

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
Quote from: "Pappa Midnight"
It's a shame to remove all your pics!
Have you got photoshop to blur out the symbols?
If not, PM me and I'll give you my E-mail address. Send the pics to me and I'll sort them out for you.

Regards
PM

Thanks Papa, I just removed the offending pictures...
I will post more adventures soon; my son and I are recreating the last battle from the saving private Ryan movie...

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »
What should we paint on our Weird War 2 or World War 2 ...
red armbands?  A plain red armband?

I'm not being sarcastic...Any ideas.

I understand and agree about the offensive nature and history of the Swastica but what is a good filler???
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »
In video games I've seen the red Nazi flag with a straight cross instead of a Swastika in the white circle (the kind of cross used on German aeroplanes and tanks).

Not sure if that goes far enough to satisfy German law, though.

Myself I fully intend to put proper Swastikas on anything that warrants it if I have a mind to paint that kind of thing in future (I have done in the past). I shall just photoshop them away with a blur or a black censorship strip if I want to post any pics on LAF.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 07:39:06 PM »
I tried painting a little black eagle but it looked like a GW 40k logo...... :freak:

Seriously though, I don't think it's an issue what you paint on your minis as long as you abide by the site rules and don't post them here.
I've fallen foul of this myself by taking a photo at a tank museum without noticing the swastika on the information board in front of the tank. A quick "blur" from photoshop and "jobs a good 'un!"

Anyhow, look forward to seeing the next report!!!

Regards
PM

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »
What rules are you using?   :wink:

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline slobberblood

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24:13 PM »
Quote from: "Kampfgruppe Cottrell"
What rules are you using?   :wink:

Brian

Um..... hmmmmmm.... Let me think......
 :P I think we know Brian...

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 03:59:12 AM »
I want to see your Doctor and Tardis figs!

Awesome battle report btw!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 05:27:26 PM »
I'm a repeat-offender on the no-swastika rule on this forum. Since I just paint them on without thinking about the ideology, I often forget they are there when posting pictures. :oops:

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "gauntman"
What should we paint on our Weird War 2 or World War 2 ...
red armbands?  A plain red armband?

I'm not being sarcastic...Any ideas.

I understand and agree about the offensive nature and history of the Swastica but what is a good filler???

I just paint a plain red armband.

For flags and banners, I'm going to use the Castle Wolfenstein symbol in place of the Swastika.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com