Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696314
  • Total Topics: 118758
  • Online Today: 465
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 272
Total: 278

Recent

Author Topic: Prussian Berittene Artillerie (Calpe)  (Read 2698 times)

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
Prussian Berittene Artillerie (Calpe)
« on: March 24, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »
So after all the officers this week, here is something with a little more direct punch... Prussian Horse Artillery:

http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/preussische-berittene-artilleriebatterie-nr-2/

As usual a few pre-view pictures (more clickable ones on the blog):

Enjoy,

Burkhard

Offline PAULSPENCE

• Scientist
Re: Prussian Berittene Artillerie (Calpe)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:52:03 AM »
Bonjour Burkhard,

Excellent piccies and even better on your excellent blog.

I think that the Calpe artillery are fabulous and have myself painted a four-gun horse-artillery battery and have another I bought ready-painted to which I added more details and highlights.

The artillery limbers are marvellous as well. Have you done any of those?

Cheers,

Paul

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:44:25 PM »
Thank you Paul.

I have a few of their limber here, but have not painted them yet. i plan to use the, for the area taken up by the artillery park (which will essentially be small dioramas), but I have not gotten around to those yet. First up are the fighting units. If I manage to get those done in time for Crisis I will tackle the fluff. ;-)

Cheers,

Burkhard

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 02:25:46 PM »
They are gorgeous mate. I'd love to Napoleonics but struggle with small projects never mind huge Nap one's :)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

Excellent work! 8)

I have a unit of Calpe Saxon infantry that I’m working on at the moment and they are really nice figures on par with Front Rank, which is one of my favourite manufacturer, all scales and periods confounded.
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »
Thank you guys!

@Flags of war: That is amazing, I would have thought you would be more into the rank and file period and the large projects involved as a result!

@Calimero: Yes, I think Front Rank and Calpe fit quiet well. I am actually starting to regret that I have quoet a large selection of Perrys (for everything but Prussians) instead of FR, But then the Perry range has other advantages.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
I don’t really like Perry figures myself but I’ve painted some in the last few years. They are really nice though. I just think that Calpe and Front Rank figures suit my painting style better. Perry’s are more animated and have more little details. They generally also have more dynamic poses… But I guest I prefer the old style wargaming figures especially for the black powder period.

Anyhow, you did a great job on these.

P.S. I just realise that you’re from Germany. Where the region you’re located part of Prussia?

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 06:55:49 AM »
They all have their pros and cons. Really like Calpe and Front Rank myself (sadly I have too few of the later), same with Perry. The one thing that really bleeps me off with Perry is their casting quality, which can be terrible and just said detail. Especially with the French officers there always seem to be details where I can not find any indicators that these were ever worn together. Quiet frustrating!

Regarding me living in Prussia... Well the answer depends. I live in Northrhine-Westphalia. There area became part of Prussia after The Kingdom of Westphalia broke up with Napoleon and his 1st abdication. So technically yes. My mothers half of the family hails from Westphalia as well. My fathers hails from East Prussia and Berlin (and fled for the western parts of Germany during the final months of WWII). So while me living in Prussia is in the eye of the beholder, there is definitely a strong  Prussian ancestry. And I guess if you asked my men back in the days when I was still an officer, they would sure say I came after that ancestry!  ;D

Offline wrgmr1

• Mad Scientist
  • Mad Gamer and Painter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 07:05:33 AM »
I'm with you. I love Calpe with Front Rank being a close second. My two favorite figure manufacturers.
My lady comes from Cologne, came to Canada in 1973. She still speaks passable German.
You did a nice job on these, keep them coming!