Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Robotech Tactics  (Read 26691 times)

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
Re: Robotech Tactics Kickstarter
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
Wow it's picking up. Hard to keep track of all the upgrades. Almost missed this Little beauty:

Too many projects... not enough time...

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
Can someone verify for me - we choose add-ons after this thing closes right?  I don't want to miss stuff, I just don't see the add-ons in the pledge manager, and I know for the other KS I did, I chose them after it was done.

I just woke up (yay, night shift!).  Time to check in on the last day progress.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
Can someone verify for me - we choose add-ons after this thing closes right?  I don't want to miss stuff, I just don't see the add-ons in the pledge manager, and I know for the other KS I did, I chose them after it was done.

I just woke up (yay, night shift!).  Time to check in on the last day progress.

Yep, you choose add-ons after the KS closes. They send out a survey to fill out and return. You tell them what you want, you can also buy extra stuff beyond your pledge. Just when you pledge make sure it is $15 more than your pledge to be able to access it. Ie if you get Battle Cry for $140, pledge at least $155 to get access. If you pledge more than you are set, you just need to pick what you want.

(finger twitches again back to change pledge again to Battle Cry and add-ons again...VEF-4, Monster, Zentradi Infantry and Armored VTs...) Waiting for the KS to end to figure out what to keep.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
I was almost tempted by this but it was just too much money for just the miniatures (I only wanted the pods)... so I have reluctantly decided against it :(

I would have loved to join in the fun but I just can't afford to.

Offline Jaeger

• Scientist
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »
I can't remember ever seeing a starter (Battle Cry) with that much stuff in for $140. It's quite insane.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:18:00 PM by Jaeger »

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
I was almost tempted by this but it was just too much money for just the miniatures (I only wanted the pods)... so I have reluctantly decided against it :(

I would have loved to join in the fun but I just can't afford to.

Do a lower pledge and enough for add-ons for the Pods then...don't get the full sets if you want something specific.

Offline RJ

• Scientist
    • http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »
I'm in at showdown.

Going to be a pretty big box arriving in December to try and hide from the Mrs  :o
Check out my blog here:

http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/

Accepting painting comissions

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »
I'm in at showdown.

Going to be a pretty big box arriving in December to try and hide from the Mrs  :o

Mine knows it is on the way...

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »
I can't remember ever seeing a starter (Battle Cry) with that much stuff in for $140. It's quite insane.

That's one of the reasons I pledged on this one and not on other projects previously. It's very good value for money plus there's still room for more bonus items to be added to it. Of course the thing that's tempting more money from my crecit card is all the purchase add-ons.  ;)

I'm wondering how far it'll run though now. There are a lot of extra's still to come it seems but I'm not sure we're going to get much further down the list. I reckon it'll stall before $1.4m.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2013, 10:33:28 PM »
Honestly if anyone is considering pledging...you'd be insane not to.  Heck if I had the money I'd have bought a couple Showdown sets.  The re-sale potential on ebay for extra components you don't need is going to be well worth it.  I did the math here real quick...pricing everything according to "add-ons" versus the Battle Cry contents.

Battle Cry: $140 (shipped)

Cost of models if purchased as add-ons: $472...

And...if the add-ons truly are priced lower than the eventual MSRP...you're simply nuts to not invest if you want ANY of the models.  Buy the box for your pods and sell the other stuff.  By the way the cost of Battle Cry also includes dice, stickers, tokens, templates, yada yada - that wasn't even considered.  

EDIT: After doing that math I bumped up to the $260 level.  I'll ebay anything I don't need later and use that money to buy kits when the game is fully released.  It's too good of a value not to get in on, and I'm a gigantic Robotech freak.  I still blame Styx.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:39:02 PM by Elbows »

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2013, 11:37:30 PM »
Well, I guess that is a good blame then!  lol

I have $260 pledged...so I can go Showdown or Battle Cry with  a few add ons....the VEF 4, Armored VT and some of the experimental stuff otherwise. I just have to decide if I want a ton of stuff or get a little of this'and'that as my wife loves for me to call it.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2013, 02:10:00 AM »
Well, I guess that is a good blame then!  lol

I have $260 pledged...so I can go Showdown or Battle Cry with  a few add ons....the VEF 4, Armored VT and some of the experimental stuff otherwise. I just have to decide if I want a ton of stuff or get a little of this'and'that as my wife loves for me to call it.

The Showdown got a bit better. I am happy, I miss the MAC some of the other upgrades would have been cool.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:05 AM »
Honestly, Battle Cry is very close to all you'd need (maybe not if you plan on playing the actual rules they're releasing).  But throw in a couple of ace pilots and the supplied mecha are more than enough for any representative fight (especially if you use Battle Pod wave rules or something to that effect).

I'm going to use my 1/200 stuff to playtest my own rules...figure it'll be 6 months or more before anything shows up and then another 6 months to a year before I have enough stuff painted to really game in the 1/285th scale anyway.  I'll slowly compile some terrain in the months between.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2013, 02:18:28 AM »
Whoa...weird...they're bringing in some proper Macross stuff (Meltran/Zeltran or whatever...from Macross II) in the Nousjadeul-Ger prototype stuff.  Weird that they're mixing proper Macross stuff into Robotech.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2013, 03:43:31 AM »
Whoa...weird...they're bringing in some proper Macross stuff (Meltran/Zeltran or whatever...from Macross II) in the Nousjadeul-Ger prototype stuff.  Weird that they're mixing proper Macross stuff into Robotech.

Most of it didn't make it sad to say. I think they was trying to merge some things to cross platform, the problem was a bit too late.