Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689737
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Escape : a boardgame in the Post-apo Eden universe !  (Read 5751 times)

Offline taban

• Student
Escape : a boardgame in the Post-apo Eden universe !
« on: May 15, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
On may the 20th Taban Miniatures going to launch a KS campaign to finance a Boardgame called Escape.

Escape depicts the fight of the Resistance, a group of dissident humans trying to escape an underground laboratory (L.A.B. 03) used as an anti-atomic shelter.
This LAB is ruled by a maddened computer (NOAH) who decided that its humans denizens can't go back to the surface of the ancient world.
NOAH prefer to use his automated drones to kill the resistant than to take the risk of any contact with the exterior

Escape has already be published in French as a "compact" boardgame.
Released in magazine format, this first opus got a resounding success.
The game consisted of 50 pages booklet where the reader discovered in detail the origins of the ISC and Resistance, a foldable 2 inches square poster as boardgame and two counter and fighters punchboards

We now want to re-edit this game making things big, with a cardboard box and game board, 24 ultra-detailed pre-assembled plastic miniatures , based on our models Eden.
Escape new version will be published in English and French.

What’s new then?
Lots of things! In addition to the plastic miniatures, we will include several new game modes, new characters and missions.

If the crowd funding on Kickstarter is successful enough, we plan to develop many features, missions and exclusive characters which we are already on the workbench.

We Need You!
So for fans of Eden and Escape, join us on May the 20th for the official on Kickstarter launch of the campaign!
Until then be sure to follow Taban's website and facebook pages to get more details!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: Escape : a boardgame in the Post-apo Eden universe !
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »
Looks interesting as a stand alone game. Have to see the "buy in" cost to get something playable.

Offline taban

• Student
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 05:16:52 AM »
Official start : this saturday 1st of June, see picture below for your local opening time !

Offline Taban CM - GregB

• Student
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 04:24:44 PM »
And the campaign is ON ! Click here to know more.

As a reminder, here is the content of the box before stretch goals :

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 04:30:01 PM »
Game from a French Company but Europeans have to pay for shipping which is free to USA :-[

Offline Taban CM - GregB

• Student
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »
Game from a French Company but Europeans have to pay for shipping which is free to USA :-[

The product comes from China.

More seriously, we are really sorry about that but we chose to use freight forwarders to ensure everything would be smoothly sent to every backer and the European ones are killing our margins.

I hope you won't stay mad at us for that, as we also made sure that every pledge gets his fair amount of good things at a very attractive price. :)

Offline Maichus

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 10:20:19 PM »
What kind of plastic will the miniatures be made of?

The 'hard' plastic like GW and the Perrys use or the 'soft' PVC-like one that was used for Sedition Wars and the like?

Offline Taban CM - GregB

• Student
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 10:35:54 PM »
What kind of plastic will the miniatures be made of?

The 'hard' plastic like GW and the Perrys use or the 'soft' PVC-like one that was used for Sedition Wars and the like?

It's something in the middle. Like the plastic from Warmachine/Hordes from Privateer Press. :)

Offline Taban CM - GregB

• Student
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »
I answer myself to say :

The game has now reached the minimum limit, after only 3 days. Thanks everyone for your support.

A lot of new good things are coming.

First we published our first gameplay introduction video :

Second the first stretch goal was known

But the second is not a silhouette anymore !

Neither is the third one !!! :)

You will also find a table summing up every pledge level and what you get for your hard earned money.

Jump in, now is time to get the good things out of the Kickstarter Chest !! :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 07:44:17 AM »
TBH, the game mechanics seem really basic and kind of...dull. Nothing that attracts me to it and sets it apart from other games.
And the game involves restic?
Okay, I'll pass on this one.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Taban CM - GregB

• Student
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 12:44:13 PM »
TBH, the game mechanics seem really basic and kind of...dull. Nothing that attracts me to it and sets it apart from other games.
And the game involves restic?
Okay, I'll pass on this one.

You've only seen the first video. ;)

And what about talking about restic ? This is plastic. 100% plastic. Hard and reliable.

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »
I think it looks alright, again having only seen the first video.  I'm not too likely to buy into the kickstarter right now though.  I am however more interested in Eden: Survive the Apocalypse, a game I only became familiar with this week.  I like the look of the factions and it fits the same niche as Malifaux, but a bit easier to teach, which is good for me.  Surprised its not as well known.

Offline Taban CM - GregB

• Student
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
I think it looks alright, again having only seen the first video.  I'm not too likely to buy into the kickstarter right now though.  I am however more interested in Eden: Survive the Apocalypse, a game I only became familiar with this week.  I like the look of the factions and it fits the same niche as Malifaux, but a bit easier to teach, which is good for me.  Surprised its not as well known.

Malifaux is US based. Eden is French based. That explains a lot.

If you like Eden, I advise you to look at the KS anyway, as you can get to minis and the cards and books to play Eden with the minis from the box. ;)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 01:42:23 PM »
You've only seen the first video. ;)

And what about talking about restic ? This is plastic. 100% plastic. Hard and reliable.

From your previous post:

It's something in the middle. Like the plastic from Warmachine/Hordes from Privateer Press. :)

PP uses restic...resin plastic from China. I have tons of it and hate it tremendously. I understand why companies choose this type of plastic, but for the consumer it's a sucky product. Loads of mould lines which are a lot harder to remove than with styrene.

Offline Badger Loving Fluffster

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 06:46:26 PM »
Latest update (beat Taban to it :P )

Quote from: taban
We have unlocked the sets of large and small resin doors.

A new "close by" stretch goal has been added : Pamela, limited Kickstarter model

Besides 2 videos describing the background and Escape gameplay for Alice and Ashton have been added on the page