Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?  (Read 23107 times)

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
Re: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »
Lucky me, my peg leg told me not to support that KS ...SuperSystem4, here we go !

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
Thanks for the comparison set-ups rollntider. The 'new improved' stuff they're showing is truly is awful, and is definitely not the products they were showing us during the campaign. I'm not really sure what to do about it at this point...all I know is that I don't want those figures...they're bloody terrible looking.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2014, 02:01:09 PM »
sheesh, did they use Defiance Games to make their new improved models shown there? they are absolutely effing awful.

Offline bubba242

• Assistant
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 04:34:48 AM »
And then they have the gall to spruik the project over in a digital magazine called casual gamer! Showing the original sculpts to boot! Dodgy pool old man.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media

Offline bubba242

• Assistant
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
I know that I have been pretty reserved over the last couple of weeks in my opinion of this Kickstarter, but it looks like they are listening to a lot of the feedback and have released a large update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iello/guardians-chronicles/posts

Basically, they have said the box will ship with the sub standard minis so that it can go out for backers and retail sales and such other matters. This will ship out in 10 weeks.

They admit that they are not what was promised but have said that backers will receive the high quality ones we were shown during the campaign. They will also ship out the extra figures and the exclusives after the main boxed sets are out.

If none of this suits, they do offer the ability to apply for a refund. They didn't have to do this - they are planning on delivering their product and meeting their obligations - but they did, which shows a certain amount of class.

I was optimistic but after reading others' comments I am torn. The renders are okay but nowhere near the level of the minis that we saw during the kickstarter. If they are what the minis are being based on, does that mean in 3 months there will be the same problem? Why can't they use a hard plastic like in Zombicide or Super Dungeon Explore?

I also find myself, as a modder of figures, thinking that the miniatures won't matter that much as I can make my own if it comes down to it. But I did plunk down approx $200 AUD for this game, mainly based on the miniatures. I also find myself thinking that for all the hubbub and ruckus, no-one has complained about the game rules ( from what we have seen ) so it will probably be a good game.

Are there any others here who backed this project? What are your thoughts?

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
The bit on refunds said you can apply for a refund ... but they will evaluate the validity of the request on a case-by-case basis, and don't think any of the problems thus far are a justification for asking for your money back. In their book, 'delays' (timetable undisclosed) are not a valid reason to ask for a refund.

So the bottom line is, do you want to put your money into it, knowing the history of the KS thus far? Do you believe the issues thus far are not indicative of the general honesty or integrity of the company and feel able to believe their new promises as to what will finally be delivered? Do you think an indeterminate wait for a game that may or may not be what they promised at the start is worth taking a punt on?

You pays your money, you makes your choice.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »
I backed this, and I want my money back.   They've outright lied to us backers more than once, even going as far as telling us on 4 December that
the mold of the pieces for the base game are all finished and the production is starting anytime now, the files are ready to go to print and our factory is promising that the games should ship from China mid January.

That was clearly NOT true on 4 December, and they knew it, or should have.  It wasn't until 26 Feb that we find out the molds were not done/not done right and had just started being worked.

The move from actual sculpted minis to the digicrap they are producing is not what I was promised.   During the KS, several of the exclusive/extra figs were to be in resin, that is clearly not on the table any more and instead I can expect soft castings of soft detailed digital sculpts.  

Between a lack of integrity shown so far, and a change to digital sculpts, they have lost all credibility with me.  They could promise me the sun would rise in the east tomorrow morning and I would doubt that, and wonder what their excises for the failure would be.  

Their latest update clearly shows they have the money to spend on legal work (it was obviously run past a lawyer which accounts for the way it is written and time it took to release it).   Now they can spend some of that refunding me, heck they can even keep the cut Amazon and Kickstarter grabbed.  

If you look at their other project, Zombie 15, you can see they believe soft digital sculpts and the resulting castings are fine.   You can see their petulance in the way they've handled a backer in the comments (who they basically refunded to shut up).

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:55:16 PM by CptJake »
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2014, 01:00:54 PM »
I am going to go further.

I honestly believe that with the intent to ship out something they know is sub-par, they then will make use of the opportunity to claim "We sent you a game, we can't just give you a refund now" when they fail to produce quality figures for some future shipment.   

That would fit the pattern of deceit we've seen from them.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
The change to 3D sculpts still confuses me. We were shown greens, and in fact some of the pledge levels included a sculpted green (not to mention the vanished resin items). At this point I expect the new-and-improved figures to still be generally sh!t, but I'm relatively certain they'll decline most of the requests for refunds.

I didn't think anyone could do worse than the Cool Mini / Studio McVey debacle on the second batch of Sedition Wars. Apparently I was totally, and sadly mistaken. My only hope now is that the game is decent, if/when it actually arrives.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2014, 06:24:03 PM »
I am on the fence still, I am thinking I am going to draft a refund request next week and chew on it for a few days.

Clearly we have this:
1) A great deal of talk, no timelines, not even guesstimates. I could get more from the weather channel, the farmer's almanac and a gypsy that has a shop on the side of the road.

2) A clear swap from the sculpted greens, yes some figs was to be plastic, the rest resin....now everything appears to be going 3d rendering and still to me does not look that great.

3) What was promised was both highly detailed game miniatures and a game....giving half is a joke. Plus putting out a crappy package now just says we don't care or want to loose money because we made a bad call.

I deal in contracts and the law, not law of this level but I know what to look for...my draft is going to have a nice cites to it and solid reasons.....as I said unless things sway me soon, I am going to drop my request for refund.

Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »
Every time we get new 'info', it just leaves me with a ton more questions. The most recent update certainly feels lawyer-reviewed-and-approved to me too. I'd be very interested to see your draft styx. On the other hand, I am pretty sure they'll be denying almost every refund request they get.

I really thought the game looked promising, but the figures were what truly pushed it over the top. The figure concepts shown on the project home page looked great, added to what looked like a fun game. Now...ugh. Those 3D render images we've been shown are tiny and I think that they're scaled that way on purpose, because Iello knows they're not good enough to stand closer scrutiny.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2014, 07:19:37 PM »
I will let you know and I can email you a copy….

Today at lunch I was combing the KS rules and regs for service. I am looking at deliverables to the backers first.

Then I am going to get cites of things….

Plus I am going to close and be clear I will consider going to the Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau and Small Claims Court here in Florida. I am not going to back down easy.

Yea, what they posted was lawyer reviewed ( or at least by a para-legal)….because they are afraid. They know they are on thin ice and they can end up in a bad place. They stand to loose money and credibility on an already poorly executed project. They are trying to cow people with subtle threats (we may not refund) and hollow promises. Not working….

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
If you can use a co-complaintant from Georgia, let me know.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
I figure we could light up a few states out of the 50!  lol
Alabama, Florida and Georgia taking the charge! We will see....