Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:02:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?  (Read 23113 times)

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
Re: Anyone looking at Guardians Chronicles?
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2014, 06:16:05 AM »
I figure we could light up a few states out of the 50!  lol
Alabama, Florida and Georgia taking the charge! We will see....

Add Alabama to the list

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2014, 06:38:43 PM »
The really frustrating part of all this is that, if they'd just made what was started (figures from the sculpted greens) they'd probably be done by now and everyone who pledged would be happy. Rather, they started f*cking around with digital sh!t (not that digital sculpts can't look fab), wasted time and money and general screwed the pooch. Now they're scrambling to not lose their shirts in a crapstorm of their own making.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »
Add Alabama to the list

*poke* It was brother!  ;)
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2014, 06:18:27 AM »
I wonder if Iello will simply ignore the folks who are unhappy and continue along as they are. Making good minis for a boardgame really shouldn't be that damn hard. I have dozens of examples in my collection.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2014, 11:27:37 AM »
We'll see.   No one has mentioned being told yes or no to a refund yet.  I know I am being ignored by Iello.   It annoys me.   

Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2014, 01:25:11 PM »
I am going to finish my draft this week and drop it. I was giving them time to read the questions and respond. They are like roaches and when you turn on the light they scurry away until the know it is safe. I am not feeling it and to be honest, I was at a LGS this weekend, saw a board game and went "cool, my wife would like to play this with me..." flipped over to the back to read more, saw IELLO on the back and it promptly went back to the shelf.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2014, 08:50:02 PM »
I am going to finish my draft this week and drop it. I was giving them time to read the questions and respond. They are like roaches and when you turn on the light they scurry away until the know it is safe. I am not feeling it and to be honest, I was at a LGS this weekend, saw a board game and went "cool, my wife would like to play this with me..." flipped over to the back to read more, saw IELLO on the back and it promptly went back to the shelf.

I so want to get the tokyo game they have, but will not be getting it.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »
I own it and both expansions and think it is a good game. It shares nothing in common with Guardians Chronicles other than the publisher. That said however, I certainly haven't been inclined to play it recently, which reflects just how sour I feel towards them at the moment. My enjoyment of a previously favourite game has been flattened due to recent events. Not a good thing.

Offline Beowulf

• Assistant
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2014, 08:09:39 PM »
I am another backer, and am still waiting to see if I will get a refund. It could have been a great game. What a way to sabotage the game. Grrrr.  :-[

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2014, 08:42:32 PM »
Interestingly enough there seems to be a fair bit of chatter about it online in French. I linked to a page from a game trade show that was showing off stuff about GC earlier this year. They had test shots in the photos of the preliminary miniatures, and these were not shared with us. I simply don't get it... Short answer is that I just want the stuff I pledged for, but whether or not I'll ever play it if I do is tough. I can definitely imagine hating it even if it's great, simply because of all the crap we had to deal with prior to delivery.

I do hope that those who are questing after refunds get their wish, but I also hope that it doesn't affect those who just want their game and reward items in the quality advertised in-campaign. If iello can actually address both of those groups they might not be completely f-ed, but their reputation in a lot of circles will be damaged near to being unrecoverable.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »
Got my refund. Never sent in a request actually but I guess I was too much of a hell raiser on the board.  lol
Oh well, good for me now I have $160 to spend on other goodies!

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »
How were you notified Styx?  I am still waiting for a refund.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2014, 05:10:47 PM »
Got my refund. Never sent in a request actually but I guess I was too much of a hell raiser on the board.  lol
Oh well, good for me now I have $160 to spend on other goodies!

Wait, what?! You never actually asked for a refund and they dumped you? While I can imagine you're happy getting off the nightmare train, that doesn't exactly support their claims of 'high ethical standards' if you ask me.

"Boss, that guy complained about our stuff. You know, the game that we produced on the cheap so Red Joker could have lots of money left to buy a house and start his own company with?"

"Huh, give him a refund from the lunch fund and make him go away."

"But, boss, he hasn't actually asked for a refund. He only said he didn't like what we were doing."

"F**k him, give him his money back so he's no longer a backer. Non-backers don't have a voice."

"Ok boss. Consider it done."

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »
How were you notified Styx?  I am still waiting for a refund.

Amazon payments sent the refund notice and info with the transaction ID and such....got an email stating I was refunded my $160....not showing in the bank yet, may take a day or two to post.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »
I got the Amazon Payments notification this morning too.   I did ask for a refund.  Repeatedly.  Via several different mechanisms.  Over the period of more than 30 days.  

Now I can't wait to see how bad Iello fucks up my Heroes of Normandie KS order (they, very unfortunately, are the US distribution for Devil Pig Games) and how non-responsive they are when I ask them to fix their screw up.    :-[

(I have zero faith they will get it right, and even less faith they will work diligently to address any issues   :P )