Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 01:51:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696744
  • Total Topics: 118788
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Servants of the Black Crown (6/22: A variety of vintage Ral Partha figs)  (Read 5240 times)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Re: Servants of the Black Crown (6/6 Soft infantry and Cav added)
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »
Just wanted to add that I'm looking for more RP CHaos riders and Hexatrix riders for this force. If you have any in your lead pile....

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=54766.msg648473#msg648473

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Servants of the Black Crown (6/6 Soft infantry and Cav added)
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 11:27:59 PM »
To complete the warband I painted up a couple notable characters and a Dragon
You can see the whole article about these figures with more pics and in-game background for each character here:

http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2013/06/night-herons-of-black-crown-part-3.html

Reaper Wizard, unknown 1/2 giant and ogre(anyone know who makes them?) and Paint-and Play toy/craft Dragon.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:32:36 PM by eilif »

Offline PatrickWR

• Scientist
  • Fully Painted Since 2010
    • Comrade's Wargames
These guys look great! And I'm looking forward to seeing them on the game table this week!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Very nice eilif! Love the Olley tribesmen! Dragon turned out good too! Groupshot now? :-)
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very nice eilif! Love the Olley tribesmen! Dragon turned out good too! Groupshot now? :-)
There's one on the blog, but since you asked nicely  ;-)

I've just received a couple more Ral Partha Chaos Knights in the mail, so if I can find the time it'll be a full unit soon.
Also, last night I prepped and based an Arabian'ish Caravan which I will be painting up ASAP for a specific campaign scenario.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Servants of the Black Crown (6/22 a variety of Ral Partha Figs)
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 01:09:35 PM »
Found the origin of the Ogre (Krog Skullsplitter from Eastern Front Studios) and Big Barbarian (02924: Bertok, Barbarian from Reaper)

Painted up.
One more Chaos Knight for the "Night Herons" unit. This one is a Ral Partha fig. He's a bit smaller than the rest, but I've based him slightly taller and he looks good in the group.  I've got one more to paint, and then I'll be at an even 10 for the unit.

Pretty cool shield eh?

These next are three figs that came in a larger lot of loose lead. Usually everything I buy goes into the tub of Purple Power to be stripped, but these were painted just well enough that with a dip (brushed on minwax polyshades Tudor) and some proper basing (a bit of pine bark on 25mm rounds) they are now up to snuff. I'm about 80% sure of the brand/title of these figs, though their base markings were obscured with goo.

Ral Partha Scottish Thagne

Ral Partha Dwarf, 1980's

Ral Partha Aquilonian from the Conan line. Rather short, so he'll be used as a squire.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:12:10 PM by eilif »

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
Those figures all fit together nicely. Very evil looking group. Who will they be fighting?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
This group is coming together very nicely.
I missed the ogre and half giant which are both great figures that I have never seen before.
That dragon is great too.
All in all, a wonderful evil mob!
 :-* :-*

As for 'Biggles' the Squire... ;)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I LOVEthe Group Portrait. Beyond being FINELY painted & based, I find myself inspired & motivated by your work...all those minis lurking in the Vault of Pack Rattiness don't seem quite as intimidating. Thanks for the push & the post!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks for the kind words folks,

Mason,
     I'm in the same boat. Most of these figs I'd never seen before I bought them at Little Wars.  Chance discoveries like these make building a warband even more fun.

Deafnala,
      SBH has been the real push for getting me to paint alot of the random figures I have lying around.   I'm much more likely to paint something when I know I have a use for it and SBH has a place for any fantasy miniature.

Those figures all fit together nicely. Very evil looking group. Who will they be fighting?

They will be fighting the various warbands of my clubmates in our summer Song of Blades and Heroes campaign. They fought in their first two battles last thursday with one win and one loss.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55341.0