Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vietnam adventures!  (Read 11934 times)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 03:14:01 PM »
No problem, I'll try to get it done soon. I managed to spend most of the weekend putting up Crimbo decorations and then the rest of it protecting them from our dog! :roll:
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 09:37:07 PM »
May I ask, which colours did you use for the VC-faces?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »
@Ray, those are damn nice figs! I couldn't believe the camo pattern when I first saw it, amazing!

@Argonor, the paints I use are rather unorthodox...  I use Iron Wind Metals leather as a base and highlight up to GW Elf flesh. This is my standard for caucasions, but I think it works for VC as well because they spent a lot of their time in the jungle and so were somewhat pale looking (I read that in a Dong Thu Huong novel).

By the way, I finished my VC squad. The last few figs were done in more varied colours to reflect the reality of the VC outfit. Here they are up close:

I have some US infantry up next!

n.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »
very Niche work !!!!!!
Do you have more Pictures ?
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 12:38:15 AM »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »
Nice - I also find Leather colours good for asian and middle-eastern complexions (including Haradrim  :wink: )

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
That is totally cool! For my Arabs and haradrim I mix two parts leather with one part IWM African to bring them down just a notch more :) That is cool though, I figured with a handle like Argonor you may have some leanings to Middle-earth  s)

n.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »
I've been a total fan of Tolkien for the last about 25 years. Think I've read LotR about 6 or 7 times and of course have the Limited Edition Collector's box sets of the Special Extended DVD version(s) of the film(s). And I collect the Citadel LotR minis, and play Battle Companies.

But I do like Conan-style fantasy, too ;-)

It's actually because of LotR-BC, that I haven't finished enough pulp minis to play a game, yet...

About the skin tones, I'm currently experimenting with a basecoat of Bestial Brown and then lightening up with Snakebite Leather. I still have to find the final hightlight colour, but I'm thinking of using a Vallejo khaki...

About the name: It has nothing to do with Middle-Earth, allthough it has a certain tolkienesque flavour to it; I played the rpg In Nomine some 10 years ago and had to come up with a name for a fallen angel - and I used the gas Argon. A few years later, I started arranging Live-roleplaying for kids and youngsters, and I re-used the name Argon, adding the 'fantasy-suffix' "-or" for a very sinister dark mage/necromancer/liche who was about to come back form the dead (the first scenario being about the local Baron having lost his skull - Argonor's, that is).

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 02:25:06 AM »
@ Neloderth: Amazing painting my man. How did you do the beige hats and sling packs? Also wondered where the rounded cavalry bases you used for the prone figures came from?

@ Ray Earle: Amazing as usual work Ray. I seem to remember that pic on the old Fields of Fire gallery.

-Todd

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Vietnam adventures!
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 12:18:43 PM »
[quote="Bravo Six@ Ray Earle: Amazing as usual work Ray. I seem to remember that pic on the old Fields of Fire gallery.[/quote]

Thanks Todd. It's a different one though, the figure's from one of the Baker company special forces packs. The one I painted on the FoF forum was TAG IIRC.  :)