Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:17:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: IHMN - post first game questions ...  (Read 1330 times)

Offline cmnash

• Assistant
    • My blog: Down Among the Lead Men
IHMN - post first game questions ...
« on: July 02, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »

So I fianlly played my first game of IHMN last friday and it was enjoyable, if somewhat long ... which I think is down to me really, as I was treating it like a ww2 skirmish game rather than an heroic VSF event - hugging cover thinkgs like that I mean ...

Anyway, I had some questions that I hope teh collective can help with ...

1, There is no pluck roll listed for vehicles. Does this mean if the armour score is beaten then they are destroyed? (there is a table for damage rolls but that refers to the armour 7 vehicles)  or do they use the pluck score of the driver/crew?

2, I used the armoured steam carriage option (with MG) and paid for a figure to crew it.  Should I have bought 2 - driver and gunner?  if only one is used, should they be only able to drive or shoot? (my preferred option btw)

3, There were a couple of occasions where running down a Blue Tortoise Tong ruffian was a great option, but as there are no rules and it was our first game I refrained; if I had would a fighting roll followed by pluck roll be a suitable system?

When I get time, I'll post a bunch of pics and report on my blog

Offline AndrewD

• Student
Re: IHMN - post first game questions ...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
Here's some (un)offfical answers to your questions:

1. Pluck roll for vehicles? Surely not needed, because they'll turn tail and be off as soon as they catch sight of the fanatical hordes of the Blue Tortoise Tong charging towards them!  :o

2. A machine gun!!! How unsporting ..... real men fight with a sword and pistol!  :D

3. Running down the Blue Tortoise ruffians with a steam carriage???!!!  Even more unsporting .....   :'(  Why do I play against this guy?

But seriously, a very good fun game, and looking forward to the write up.  Unfortunately, history is always written by the victors ....  :D

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
1, There is no pluck roll listed for vehicles. Does this mean if the armour score is beaten then they are destroyed? (there is a table for damage rolls but that refers to the armour 7 vehicles)  or do they use the pluck score of the driver/crew?
2, I used the armoured steam carriage option (with MG) and paid for a figure to crew it.  Should I have bought 2 - driver and gunner?  if only one is used, should they be only able to drive or shoot? (my preferred option btw)
3, There were a couple of occasions where running down a Blue Tortoise Tong ruffian was a great option, but as there are no rules and it was our first game I refrained; if I had would a fighting roll followed by pluck roll be a suitable system?

1. There are no pluck rolls for vehicles, correct. For the purposes of damage the Armoured Steam carriage counts as an Armour 7 vehicle that is just tougher to hit. So if it is hit refer to the table at the bottom of page 28.
2. You need to buy a driver as well as a gunner. if you have just one man he can either drive or shoot, but not both.
3. In the demo games we did at Salute and Partizan if a vehicle, for whatever reason, moves over a figure that figure gets a Pluck roll. If he makes it he jumps adroitly out of the way, move the figure the minimum distance to clear the path of the vehicle. If he fails he has been mown down.

There shall be more rules on vehicles in HVF  :D

We'll look forwards to your first AAR.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline cmnash

• Assistant
    • My blog: Down Among the Lead Men
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »

Thanks for the answers Craig, pretty much in line with my thoughts, which means that I may be close to understanding the rules!   :o

There will be an AAR up on my blog, and when it arrives, I'll put a link on this forum