Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690821
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 589
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Incursion Kickstarter up and running  (Read 19628 times)

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
Re: Incursion Kickstarter up and running
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »
Hopefully it's just a lull before things pick up at the end.  We don't need another Thon.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
Stuff happens. We'll see what happens when the Drop Trooper Squad add-on becomes available.

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 02:48:39 AM »
Day D+24- Death From Above

Yay! 110 was a tough nut, but we cracked that sucker. Even if it drops a bit, we're considering it hit. Let's go get us another Blazer.

Though it's doing great, the campaign probably isn't going to hit a gazillion dollars and unlock tons and tons of freebies for Buckets of Blood (though it will hit some, I'm sure) so we're continuing to analyze that pledge level to see how, besides allowing switch-outs of board and t-shirts, we can sweeten the deal for you a bit more. We have a couple of ideas. First among them is unlocking the Zombie Bombardier special pack as a freebie for you. We're 90% of the way to making that decision. We'll have more ideas as we get closer to the conclusion of the campaign. Stay with Buckets. We'll make some good stuff happen.

News of the day! Come on back by the campaign tomorrow for the Fallschirmjager Drop. We'll have an old school metal starter pack, a reinforcements pack, and some dice for you to pledge for:-) Check this out:

Thanks to Paul Murray for the observation that if Drop Troopers are to be playable against the German SWD, they need a different card background color! Perhaps the powers that be feel Hugo has gone too far and that the deployment of the Doomsday Device is just too horrible for humanity to contemplate...

Hauptman Hildegard Becker, the Valkyrie :I've always wanted to do this character. Is that a spear??? No...it's Gungnir.

And here's the MG-42 Trooper, with period-specific textile (as opposed to armor spray) camo pattern and MG-42.

We're still doing a bunch of photoshop work to insert all this into the campaign. Come back around and see us tomorrow!

Happy Saturday...

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 04:55:10 AM »
I'm in for Metalhead, but will definitely add the Drop Troopers squad.

I'm still debating about adding the plastic set of sturmzombies.  Extra zeds seem to come in handy.

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 05:22:47 AM »
Everything's back on track now.

Extra zeds seem to come in handy.

Depending on your play style, aint that the truth.  I've got the the metal models too and the Grindhouse metal zeds were just too expensive for a big hoard.  The 24 pack in plastic should do nicely.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 05:48:42 AM »
FINALLY! A panzerfaust multi-launcher! The GODS are smiling! I will definitely be adding to my pledge in order to pick up the Drop Trooper starter set and the reinforcement pack.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »
The Drop Troopers have landed!   ;D   It also looks like the stretch goal for 115K has been reached!

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2013, 07:24:37 PM »
The drop troopers may get us another stretch goal too, with folks adding 70-115 to their existing pledges.   What they do not seem to be doing is getting a large influx of new pledges.

Add in that the $275 "All In" pledge does not get those (or the doors, or the dice, and other items...).   Going up to $390 to get them is something many folks may not be able to do.  That will cause some folks to lower their pledge level to get the drop troops or skip on them all together.  

I know they are going to restructure the $275 pledge, but the likely addition is the bomber zombie pack (Jim has mentioned it several times).   10 more (5 of each sculpt) and the cards are only going to be useful to a handful of folks who want to try a very specific force composition.   Honestly, that is a very weak addition to the pledge level, I doubt a lot of folks were going to buy that set so getting it for free doesn't save them anything.   Add in there are no stretch goals unique to the $275 pledge which look achievable.  That really lessens the value of that pledge.  

I really like the game, but $400+ is getting to be way WAY too much.  I can see dropping my BoB pledge level before the end and maybe just picking up some of the unique items.   Honestly I am massively disappointed that a $275 pledge described by Grindhouse as the 'All In' pledge is very much NOT an all in pledge.   Describing it that way and not delivering that makes me feel cheated.   I know Grindhouse expected/hoped to make close to $1million and will be lucky to hit 150k.  At the higher funding level they could have done more, I get that.   But it doesn't change the fact they advertised the $275 as 'all in' and are not making good on that.  

We'll see what happens.    :-I
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:26:21 PM by CptJake »
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »
The drop troopers may get us another stretch goal too, with folks adding 70-115 to their existing pledges.   What they do not seem to be doing is getting a large influx of new pledges.

Add in that the $275 "All In" pledge does not get those (or the doors, or the dice, and other items...).   Going up to $390 to get them is something many folks may not be able to do.  That will cause some folks to lower their pledge level to get the drop troops or skip on them all together.  

I know they are going to restructure the $275 pledge, but the likely addition is the bomber zombie pack (Jim has mentioned it several times).   10 more (5 of each sculpt) and the cards are only going to be useful to a handful of folks who want to try a very specific force composition.   Honestly, that is a very weak addition to the pledge level, I doubt a lot of folks were going to buy that set so getting it for free doesn't save them anything.   Add in there are no stretch goals unique to the $275 pledge which look achievable.  That really lessens the value of that pledge.  

I am quite surprised that this hasn't been as popular as I hoped. It seems to be appealing mostly to the people who already own the game and not necessarily a new audience. Real shame as the Grindhouse guys are obviously working their socks off to try and give us a good deal. I thought this KS would've done really well as the game is great. still a few days so maybe something special might happen(fingers crossed)

I really like the game, but $400+ is getting to be way WAY too much.  I can see dropping my BoB pledge level before the end and maybe just picking up some of the unique items.   Honestly I am massively disappointed that a $275 pledge described by Grindhouse as the 'All In' pledge is very much NOT an all in pledge.   Describing it that way and not delivering that makes me feel cheated.   I know Grindhouse expected/hoped to make close to $1million and will be lucky to hit 150k.  At the higher funding level they could have done more, I get that.   But it doesn't change the fact they advertised the $275 as 'all in' and are not making good on that.  

We'll see what happens.    :-I

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2013, 11:37:15 PM »
I certainly don't feel cheated.  Your still getting everything in the BoB description.  You hit the nail on the head that if the funding was greater and more stretch goals had been met, BoB would be a better deal.

I assume there are quite a few other people who reached the same conclusion and changed their pledge from BoB to double feature, causing the funding drop yesterday.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2013, 06:15:19 AM »
I don't feel "cheated" at all. Just the opposite in fact. All of the unlocked stretch goals are going to those who pledge BoB for free as promised. It is regrettable that not as much funding was achieved to open up more "freebies" as hoped for. However, I have yet to participate in a Kickstarter that doesn't include paid for add-ons. Jim Bailey and company have been listening closely to their backers. They have created add-ons and restructured the stretch goals in order to make some much wanted items available that otherwise wouldn't be reached in this kickstarter. They have also committed to making as many of those paid add-ons free for BoB pledgers if their stretch goals are met.  It has amazed and disappointed me to see how many people expect this KS to give everything away, when no other KS that I know of, or have participated in, has done anything like that. This post is not meant in anyway as an attack against anyone who disagrees with me, its just my observations. So if I have offended anyone I will apologize in advance.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »

The bottom line is they priced the $275 pledge at that price in order to cover the costs of really making it All Inclusive.   Once they realized total project funding wasn't what they hoped, they went back on that.   The fact is, the $275 pledge is NOT the value they intended it to be.  It just isn't.  Each pledger is going to decide if it is enough of a value to justify making that pledge. 

I don't feel 'cheated', but I am not blind to what they are doing.   Incursion is a great game.   I would have loved to see it funded at the level Jim hoped would be funded at.   But it isn't.   And regardless of how much I like the game, I recognize that the value of my pledge is not what was intended when the pricing level was set for my pledge.  Again, that really is not debatable, it is fact*.  Regardless, I (and everyone lese who is or is thinking of pledging) needs to decide if the value of any specific pledge level couple with their financial situation justifies the pledge.   Right now, BoB just isn't there for me.   

* go back to the project comments from the first week or so.   It is pretty clear items like the dice and doors which ARE being produced at current funding levels and were always going to be produced were intended to be included in the BoB pledge.  Once Jim realized the funding was not what he hoped it was going to be he backed off on that and rationalized it with the 'unlocking add on' stuff.   

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »
How about this update:

Another stretch busted! Man, we're racking up a lot of free figs and cards now. Let's go get that HMG APE at 120k!

John and I have been digging deep. I think we're all the way to China at this point :-) As we've said, the goal of this campaign is to get as much done as possible without causing us to have to borrow more money. We've been cautious to date as experience has taught us we need to be. We're not a big game company with a fat cash reserve sitting around. We've cut out all the fat now and are committed to getting our own cash contributions to this KS development reimbursed down the road at retail.  As of this moment, the AWESOME new stretch chart reflects the best we can do. We're taking a little risk on the stuff past 165k, thinking we can make it up on the backside. The personal risk for us is biggest at the 200k level plastic drop troopers but we're willing to accept that. Buckets of Blood: we hear you. There needs to be some more value for some of you who don't want board and t-shirt (silly kids!). We are doing three things beyond what we have already done, effective now:

1. You may exceed the amount of the items you are switching out and make up the difference by adding to your pledge.

2. You may now include the poster as one of your switch-outs in the calculus. If you wish to switch for JUST the t-shirt, we'll allow you to switch it out even-steven. Please don't make that statement more complicated than it is. Extra ten dollars, blah, blah, blah :-)

3. We have just unlocked the Zombie Bombardier pack as a freebie for Buckets of Blood. Check out the stretch chart. It's pretty :-)

As we have just added close to ten thousand dollars in design cost on our end by committing to the drop troopers, we cannot allow these to be part of the switch-out at Buckets of Blood. Doors and dice are in the same situation. We'll need to unlock them. I believe this is all possible under the current stretch chart.

Thank you all. We had some tangles initially but I believe we will finish this thing strong with your help. School starts tomorrow so I'm going to go spend a couple of hours with my family. Man they are patient with me :-)

Jim Bailey

Offline TheShadow

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 02:45:37 PM »
Are the drop troops new sculpts ? Also the plastic minis in the game, I'm sure I read somewhere that they will fit inside the round ds type bases you normally get is this correct ?
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"
"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay.... The Shadow knows!"

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
Are the drop troops new sculpts ? Also the plastic minis in the game, I'm sure I read somewhere that they will fit inside the round ds type bases you normally get is this correct ?

Yes the Drop troops are new sculpts.  I have not seen any confirmation that the new plastic bases will fit inside of the ds style bases.  There have been some comments I've seen speculating this but I haven't seen anything official.

To CptJake's post, I don't dispute the facts, but I don't see at a justification to feel cheated.  Feeling cheated would imply that there was some sort of deception or misrepresentation by Grindhouse.  From my perspective Grindhouse clearly misjudged the market and have had to re-adjust the campaign to compensate.

I agree that they clearly intended to have the BoB pledge include a lot of stuff that just isn't going to get unlocked.  Even making some generous assumptions about an end of campaign run I just don't see much of the new and shiny stuff getting unlocked.  I think it's valid to see the BoB  pledge as less valuable than it might have been.  If that's how you feel, simply move your pledge down to where you do see it as being valuable such as double feature.