Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:13:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Incursion Kickstarter up and running  (Read 19621 times)

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
Re: Incursion Kickstarter up and running
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
Also the plastic minis in the game, I'm sure I read somewhere that they will fit inside the round ds type bases you normally get is this correct ?

As of right now, based on the industry standard, they're a bit too large as it. Sand them down a few mm's and they fit. We're going to see if our manufacturer can actually produce the figures with a base size that will be able to slip into the round ds type bases.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2013, 06:24:59 PM »
CptJake, I am sure that Grindhouse did intend to have more "value" in the BoB, but the anticipated consumer demand hasn't been there. I am comparing this KS to my experience supporting the Zombicide Season 2 KS. I had participated in the first KS and wanted in on the second. They FULLY FUNDED in the first 5 minutes. I pledge at the $150 that was supposed to be "all in" for the expansion, the second game and, the dogs, and all unlocked items. They were not prepared for the demand for their product, so they made up stretch goals on the fly. In-order to increase the cash flow, they "unlocked" a number of add-ons that had to be purchased! These were not added to my pledge for free. I had to increase my pledge by $145.00 to get just the "unlocked" items I wanted! That nearly doubled my buy in. Don't forget, that KS made over 2.2 million dollars, and many of the zombie minis that are going to be supplied in these expansions had already been designed, sculpted, and put into production for Zombicide Season 1. So I'm sure they could have been a bit more "supporter friendly". Unfortunately, Grindhouse has had a mirrored experience. They anticipated a much greater demand, and had set-up a stretch goal chart based on that. Over the life of this KS, Grindhouse has continually revised, restructured, and expanded the add-ons and stretch goals in an attempt to get as much as possible out to their supports.

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2013, 06:55:50 PM »
FATROC that's not quite correct. Every single miniature in Zombicide Season 2 is a brand new sculpt. Even the standard zombies. The only thing that was a bit faked was that they sold the new sculpts as unlocked stretch goals but i think new sculpts for the expansions were already planned anyway.

But back to topic i'm really happy now with Buckets. It's a good value offered for a small company KS. And when we reach the Drop Troopers in plastic it's a no-brainer to go for Buckets of Blood imho.

Almost smashing the next stretch. I would highly recommend everybody to buy in this great game because otherwise you will regret it bitterly.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »
I think the value is certainly there for new gamers to Incursion, but I've already got two sets of edition one and ALL the metal minis currently offered.

I do wish there were more items offered towards folks like me.  For instance, I'd pledge on Water Slide Decals, or plastic scenery, or a multitude of other add-ons.  As it is, I'm gonna just stick with the 'new stuff'.  So, my 'all in' for this kickstarter will most likely be just the new Metal miniatures and the Drop Troopers.

I don't see any point in pledging for the BoB level if I already have the vast majority of those items.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2013, 05:52:29 AM »
I agree, the BoB pledge gives plenty of value even without purchasing any paid add-ons. To me, this KS was all about supporting GrindHouse and getting a revised edition of a game I truly enjoy. I was excited to have a chance to add the Drop Troopers set and Drop Trooper Reinforcement set, as it appeared there was no way that they would be released in this Kick Starter.  Arcturus, I have to respectfully disagree with you on the Zombicide Season 2 minis. I went back and checked the project page for Season 2. New sculpts for Toxic City Mall expansion, but the breakdown Guillotine Games show for Prison Break lists 49 original Season 1 zombie sculpts, and 30 new sculpts in that game. The stretch goals unlocked were a mix of additional original walkers, runners, fatties, and Abomination sculpts with new sculpts for these same types also added. I didn't get the impression that the new sculpts would be totally replacing the originals. So backers will not be getting 100% new minis.  :'(   If you are correct, I will be very happy when I receive my copies and more than willing to publicly apologize for ever doubting you, Good Sir!   ;)

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 10:44:34 PM »
it appears that 125k has been reached, and the additional MI-13 gut gunners have been unlocked!  :)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 03:15:50 AM »
Sounds like for the final push, they are adding a box of 24 sturmzombies to the Grinder and Double Feature pledges, plus lifting the restrictions on 'trade ins' from the Buckets of Blood.

That really adds some great value at those entry levels.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2013, 05:30:24 AM »
Most definitely! I already have a second board, so I think I may swap out for another set of doors. I hope to see a couple more stretch goals fall. Either way, I'm very happy for Jim Bailey and company and can't want to get my new toys!  ;D

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
Dice and Doors have been added to "BoB" as freebies! They will now allow swap outs of the T-shirt and extra board for any add-on! Just increase your pledge to make up the difference (if needed). I think they also added an extra set of sturmzombies to the "Grinder" level. Moving in on 135K.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »
The "Double Feature" pledge level gets the sturmzombie pack also!

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2013, 07:12:59 PM »
I'm hoping it can get to at least $175K, that will really add some value to my 'MetalHead' pledge.

At that level, I'd get two sets of dice, the decals, and a set of doors.

If I were new to this project, I definately go Buckets of Blood....but then again, the last few miniatures board games I've backed, I've been slightly disappointed in the plastic figs.  Not necesarily because of the quality (sedition wars/zombiecide) more so because plastic just doesn't feel 'special'.  A metal miniature is a tiny little work of art, the plastic always just feels like a toy.

I guess I'm a snob in that way. ;D

Offline robertsjf

• Librarian
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 01:35:48 AM »
We are entering the final 48 hrs. of our Kickstarter campaign to print 2nd edition Incursion. Please visit us:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1440310529/incursion

We have made SWEEPING changes to the campaign since its opening day. Some of the things we have done/achieved:

1. Provided European fulfillment so you pay no import duties in EU.

2. Added a free set of 24 Sturmzombies to the core pledge levels: Grinder and Double Feature yielding 77 and 94 figures (including some large ones) at base-buy in at each of those levels respectively.

3. Massively compressed stretch goals by almost 75%. As of this writing we have unlocked 13 stretch goals. This represents 27 new free figures with associated cards at the Buckets of Blood pledge level.

4. Increased flexibility of Buckets of Blood pledge level by allowing you to switch out the t-shirt and/or extra board for Add-on credit.

5. Added the much requested Fallschirmjager Drop Armor figures and cards.

6. Provided a complete game play video

7. Added two new pledge levels (SNAFU and Ala Carte) to better serve existing fans and provide more add-on flexibility for new fans.

With your help, we will get this campaign up to 205k and include many more free figures (including the new Fallschimjager drop armor in plastic), lots of dice, plastic doors, waterslide transfers, new sculpts, and more.

Since we are catering to a wide variety of desires within our existing fan base as well as new fans, the options available in the campaign may appear complex. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to send us an email or contact us through Kickstarter or ask your question on the Kickstarter comments section. We would be happy to personally walk you through your options if necessary. Here is a link to the pledge calculator that explains options:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0022/6852/files/pledge_calculator1.3_1e93f6fd-2036-4a51-8a82-3f0cd4090d5b.xlsx?151

Please help us by spreading this message to every forum, website, Facebook page, etc. that you know of. Feel free to copy and paste!

Thank you all in advance for your support and your help in bringing this incredible game to life in the form it deserves.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 02:01:51 AM »
There are some serious good value there now. 

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 02:11:06 PM »
There are some serious good value there now. 

Yep. 
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »
Closing in on 150K.  :)