Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694535
  • Total Topics: 118614
  • Online Today: 644
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1733743 times)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8040 on: February 23, 2018, 11:36:51 AM »
So i was at warhammer world the other day (got to go in the proper businessy bit, where the wars get hammered.)
While i was there I picked up a laketown house. I'm sure others have said it but after finally having one in my hand i can say that it's a REALLY nice kit.
It goes together great, lots of choice, dozens of nice little set dressing bits, and hardly a mould line to speak of.
If you do ANY kind of medival/fantasy gaming i'd strongly suggest picking one up. I got mine for age of sigmar and while it might look silly next to a stormcast, It works great as a dock side house of merchants building in one of the free cities.

It scales well with most human sized models (empire/perry miniatures/ral partha ect) and the boat makes an excellent 15mm scale boat .
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8041 on: February 23, 2018, 02:32:21 PM »
Yep, that's one of the best terrain kits they've ever put out...really solid.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8042 on: February 23, 2018, 07:42:44 PM »
Yep, that's one of the best terrain kits they've ever put out...really solid.

And speaking of terrain, looks like they're realeasing a fantasy flavour of their 40k ruins.

They look nice, fairly simple but some weathering and set dressing or a bit of kit bashing could see them make a great starting point for interesting AOS ruins.

Funnily enough it was a toss up between a laketown house and the ruins of osgiliath for my AOS scenery, and now I think I might be able to bash the osgiliath ruins and the new AOS ruins together in the future.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/coming-march-blood-snakes-battlesuitsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/

Oh yeah and also tau and medusa elves i guess.....

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #8043 on: February 24, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
Rules for Genestealer cults in Necromunda in the new WD.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8044 on: February 24, 2018, 04:28:09 PM »
Ugh, I used to hate the fact that in 2nd edition you had to hunt down old WD's to get rules for models.

I hope they're not going down that route again.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8045 on: February 24, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »
They are...along with the printed books it seems (one book per gang).  Unless they do a huge compendium at some point you're looking at a dozen or more books/magazines by the time Necromunda is properly up and running.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8046 on: February 24, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »
On the bright side i got to see the new elves at warhammer world and my god they're pretty in the flesh.

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #8047 on: February 25, 2018, 10:34:01 AM »
They are...along with the printed books it seems (one book per gang).  Unless they do a huge compendium at some point you're looking at a dozen or more books/magazines by the time Necromunda is properly up and running.
Not gougey at all.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8048 on: February 25, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
X-wing has proven that people are willing to buy everything if it means they can have a special rule or an in game bonus.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #8049 on: February 25, 2018, 01:46:38 PM »
GW are awful for daring to put additional content for their games into White Dwarf. The way I'm forced to purchase their magazine and dig through back copies for additional rules and missions for games like Space Hulk, Lost Patrol and Warhammer Quest is despicable and something no one should be subjected to.

;)

Are we really at that point? Complaining about additional content that GW could have simply not bothered to put out at all? I know it's all about the piecemeal release of certain games and some people are all pissy about that but GW have always put new rules and content in White Dwarf. There's no pleasing some people.  ::)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8050 on: February 25, 2018, 05:42:01 PM »
Well if they release them in an compendium eventually, I guess it wouldn't be that bad.

I just got flashbacks to having to browse through every bargin bin with old WD's I could just to be able to field my eldar prism tank.

I'll grant it that, since I'll keep playing the old necromunda  rules anyway, this will probably not affect me in the slightest, so I was probably being a bit of a grouch for the sake of being a bit of a grouch.

Don't get me wrong; GW is really moving in the right direction of late

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8051 on: February 25, 2018, 05:46:31 PM »
GW are awful for daring to put additional content for their games into White Dwarf. The way I'm forced to purchase their magazine and dig through back copies for additional rules and missions for games like Space Hulk, Lost Patrol and Warhammer Quest is despicable and something no one should be subjected to.

;)

Are we really at that point? Complaining about additional content that GW could have simply not bothered to put out at all? I know it's all about the piecemeal release of certain games and some people are all pissy about that but GW have always put new rules and content in White Dwarf. There's no pleasing some people.  ::)

In fact did necromunda itself not START in white dwarf as confrontation, and fan interest brought it out of white dwarf ? It could very well be that GW are giving these rules out so that A:people can have a little variety and fun with new rules in between book releases and B:GW know can gauge response to certain rules and edit them for future release in their own books.

And if you REALLY don't want to pay for them, they'll be uploaded online within the week.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #8052 on: February 25, 2018, 05:48:46 PM »
Simply make a list in which White Dwarf is what expansion/rule/scenario for your games, saves a lot of digging through old piles of magazines  ;).
Leadhead

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #8053 on: February 25, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »
The new Age of sigmar ruins look very nice when put together.

Also it seems they are releasing a card tile sat similar to the 40k lunar battlescape they put out a few weeks back.
As someone who's always looking for a cheap and effective way to improve my grass mat battlefield but has no room for the sculpted table of my dreams, this could be fun!

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8054 on: February 26, 2018, 01:02:56 AM »

;)

I bet that if we go back to the early days of this thread - and I’ve been around to read all of the posts - people were complaining because GW were NOT putting content in White Dwarf lol

I’ve seen it all. I think my first issue purchased of WD was sub-100, a long time ago. The content drove the magazines then; it was fun.

This issue of WD might actually be the first one I buy in something like 7-8 years...
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984