Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 09:44:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1740986 times)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #9435 on: February 07, 2019, 10:17:24 PM »
They were also originally dogskins weren't they?

For me it's very easy to see Mad Max/2000AD influences in there. From the wastes, fur pelts being their groups recognised 'thing'.

I think the Perry's took it to the more 1st nation look and house painters took it further. But if you painted them with regular clothes and pelts and more mixtures of ethnicities I think you could see something more different. I recently had a go at painting my shaman to be like Depp in the Lone Ranger though . . .
Wow I forgot about that there was the artwork pic with one wearing a spiked collar, funny enough I was thinking of dog soldiers ,mainly due to the battlefield earth book where they ate the dead dog 😂

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #9436 on: February 08, 2019, 12:22:44 AM »
Right until proven wrong!  lol

Still, I'd say the theme is more "savages with guns" than "underhive Amerindians".

Srsly.. from the 3 armed with muskets two could do extras job on the set of The last of the Mohicans without make up :P

You had to disavove it lol

I still like the models (I have around 10 of them) just not buy Native american looks (Even their faces are in style) I am ok with tribal but post apo tribal would be better.
And Muskets while crappy and never worth it as a weapon I have no quarrel with.. just make them look 40k ot XVIII K

Always played them as la long las  ;)

They were also originally dogskins weren't they?

Nice miniatures, I havent known them. What line were they sold ?

For me it's very easy to see Mad Max/2000AD influences in there. From the wastes, fur pelts being their groups recognised 'thing'.
I think the Perry's took it to the more 1st nation look and house painters took it further. But if you painted them with regular clothes and pelts and more mixtures of ethnicities I think you could see something more different. I recently had a go at painting my shaman to be like Depp in the Lone Ranger though . . .

I consider mine to have palish white skin (as they live in darkness..
But they so far in line...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:26:12 AM by AWu »

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #9437 on: February 08, 2019, 01:49:20 PM »
Those were effectively the Confrontation pre-runners to Ratskins but had dog pelts.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #9438 on: February 08, 2019, 01:49:49 PM »
New Abaddon (well part of it :P )

And they shown teaser to something being made between Shadespire and kill Team - probably Neo Mordheim for AoS (but no details)

Plus

And last but not least Second Nun

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #9439 on: February 08, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
The chaos marines and the spider fella look good. Never been a fan of big cumbersome standards and the obliterator kinda looks like evil hulkbuster...not sure whether I like him or not.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #9440 on: February 08, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »
Bear in mind you are not seeing my work table just miniatures swarming around my table (i used to fast comparison :)

Working space starts right of the plastic lid :)

I'll spare everyone the heart attacks the sight of my desk would induce plus I don't want to derail this thread any further.  ;)

I actually llike the look of the new Obliterator. Looks much more impressive than the old ones did to me.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #9441 on: February 08, 2019, 03:47:23 PM »
I must admit to really liking that Obliterator, especially considering that I never did like the original metal ones. And those have been around for a ridiculously long time as well! I liked the fluff, but the models were always a bit of a let-down to me, even back in the nineties. Here's to hoping there will at least be enough poses to fill out a(n un)decent squad.

Those Chaos Marines are in keeping with the ones from the Dark Vengeance box, which is good, I suppose, and that spider thing looks like it would be right at home in a Nurgle force as well, as there are quite a few design elements it shares with the new Death Guard vehicles. Just add some pustules in a triangle somewhere and maybe a nurgling on top, and it'll be sick...

And apart from the proportions being more realistic, I don't see much changes in the design of the Sister when compared to the original metals. She's probably taller though, as that looks like a 32mm base.

Overall, I like what I see in these new previews...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #9442 on: February 08, 2019, 04:20:28 PM »
I really like em!

Also like the look of the few Vanguard Primaris. Look a bit more sleek, though pretty advanced looking for 'grim dark'.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9443 on: February 08, 2019, 04:53:12 PM »
Wow I forgot about that there was the artwork pic with one wearing a spiked collar

LOVE that pic, he had long spiked fingernails too from memory, and a lasgun over his shoulder. There was another even more rag-tag guy in the background. Gave me a strong sense that the original idea was much closer to scavvies than any GW miniatures depicted them as being. McFonz is right, the four confrontation-era sculpts wear dog rather than rat pelts. Though can't recall if they're called dogskins in the confrontation rulebook or wd articles (definitely sold as "Underhive gangers", nothing more), think that name might have come from the CCM wiki.

AWu - where might one find that blurry pic of the new nomads? Not too fussed on the new Necromunda releases to be honest, though the guilders might have interesting conversion potential.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #9444 on: February 08, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »
AWu - where might one find that blurry pic of the new nomads? Not too fussed on the new Necromunda releases to be honest, though the guilders might have interesting conversion potential.

Hey Belligerentparrot if you use Facebook the Guy running pagenamed  Garro (with Garro dude drawing n the avatar) did great coverage of the seminars on latest weekender and have great number of pictures.

but Ive saved those concepts:

Early step apparently but supercool.

Dudes on stilts are my favourite

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9445 on: February 08, 2019, 08:05:16 PM »
Cool thanks! These remind me of Weirdingway's Ash Waste ant-farmer conversions. I wonder if this is another case of the Blanchitsu crowd influencing the design team?

Anyway, these look better concepts than the earlier Necro nomad minis, which were too uniform for my taste (and why did they almost all have one long sleeve and one short sleeve? Silly). Too early to tell if they're an improvement on the confrontation minis  :)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9446 on: February 08, 2019, 08:39:02 PM »
I like the look of those beasts.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #9447 on: February 08, 2019, 09:14:01 PM »
Forget the models, I love that artwork!
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #9448 on: February 08, 2019, 09:30:42 PM »
Forget the models, I love that artwork!

And how!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #9449 on: February 08, 2019, 11:06:39 PM »
Cool thanks! These remind me of Weirdingway's Ash Waste ant-farmer conversions. I wonder if this is another case of the Blanchitsu crowd influencing the design team?

I hope!

Any link to them ?