Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696466
  • Total Topics: 118770
  • Online Today: 453
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1741624 times)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #4620 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »
I just don't quite get the marine on the bike. The way the board is set up in one picture makes it look like space hulk (sort of, maybe a bit more open). So a big chunky space marine bike? Sure, Deathwing fluff etc...

Yes, I was wondering the same myself. You go battle some Xenos in tight corridors of a mining world or what ever, riding a motorbike  o_o Maybe they could have made a more fitting walker type instead but well, if it's in the official fluff... And it's a nice model for those, who might have a White Scar army in the works.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4621 on: February 29, 2016, 08:30:38 AM »
And with the 40K rules included in a White Dwarf...a lot of folks may be picking up the set simply for 40K and ignoring the board game altogether.  I don't think the bike was the best choice, but they must be completing a novel collection (I haven't read the books relating to the Deathwatch - I assume this box covers a well known group?)
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
« Reply #4622 on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
From what I understand of it, this group was made (including a new novel) for this board game. I may be wrong.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4623 on: February 29, 2016, 05:57:39 PM »
Ahhhh, okay.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #4624 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:02 PM »
From what I understand of it, this group was made (including a new novel) for this board game. I may be wrong.
This group of marines is based on the deathwatch novels from black library that have been out for a while.
So i think there probably is a scenario for the biker marine and he probably does have some special rules that make him useful .
Really tho, i think it's just that you can't have a white scar without his bike.

lol
Clearly that explains it  :)
There ya go, it really is that simple :)
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #4625 on: February 29, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »

This group of marines is based on the deathwatch novels from black library that have been out for a while.
So i think there probably is a scenario for the biker marine and he probably does have some special rules that make him useful .
Really tho, i think it's just that you can't have a white scar without his bike.

And here I thought it was like the 80s cartoons made up to sell toys, except without the awesome cartoons..

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
« Reply #4626 on: March 01, 2016, 07:05:22 PM »
ISIS declares fatwa against Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Quote from: News Thump
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has threatened a terrible vengeance after his 10,000 point Tomb King army was rendered obsolete by new Warhammer rules.

Al-Baghdadi announced that the Great Satan America and its lapdog Games Workshop had fallen to a new low, after learning he’s wasted the last six months painting a whole shitload of skeletons.

The specially designated global terrorist claimed the Tombs Kings matched his playing style perfectly, as he’s used to leading an army of mindless zombies motivated by nothing but hate, rage and the need for power.

His followers cheered as he spoke yesterday of ISIS overrunning the lands of The Empire and Albion and crushing their enemies underfoot before toppling the towers of Araby, but started to sound a bit less certain when he went on to speak of a great invasion of Naggaroth and Ulthuan.

“In the name of Allah, the Just, the Merciful, we shall hunt down the infidel dogs who not only came up with the word ‘Urroks’ but also charged me over forty quid for a Liche High Priest I can’t even play,” he said petulantly.

“We shall overrun their lands, their shops and their shipping warehouse and they shall reintroduce 5th edition because that was best.”

The terror organisation is accused of wooing impressionable teenagers by telling them they can still play Chaos Demons and have a 1,000 point advantage when the Caliphate rules the world.

Made me laugh. :')

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #4627 on: March 01, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »
Someone at news thump REALLY hates age of sigmar, because this is their third satirical articles about it ! That's alot of time dedicated to a fairly niche joke.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #4628 on: March 04, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »
Over here the Genestealer cult figs are going for about $75USD shipped on ebay with bases.  Moving pretty quickly too as it says $37 sold already!

Not a bad deal actually.  That's a smidge under $2 a fig.  A veritable bargain by GW standards!

Must...
...resist...
   ... going down another GW rabbit-hole...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:20:01 PM by eilif »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4629 on: March 05, 2016, 02:40:13 AM »
I'm happy to say I've no real interest in Genestealer cults, or I'd probably be all over this too...(sigh).  I hope they wait on Warhammer Quest etc...till I have funds.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #4630 on: March 05, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
I come close to buying it for the genestealers but Mr sensible head returned and I managed to stop myself. :o

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #4631 on: March 05, 2016, 11:11:25 PM »
ebay is completely flooded with the figures if you are interested.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #4632 on: March 05, 2016, 11:55:02 PM »
I can't count how many we sold today. I don't think we had one customer who didn't buy it.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4633 on: March 06, 2016, 05:36:18 PM »
Anyone seen this:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/blood-bowl/warhammer-world-share-ace-blood-bowl-teams/

GW is once again putting the Bloodbowl rulebook for download.
Even bigger are the teams. Old fashioned kitbashing. Something I haven't seen GW do in a very long time.
The dark eldar to dark elf team is actually I have been planning for a while (already have the box).

This scores some points with me.

'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4634 on: March 06, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »
Anyone seen this:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/blood-bowl/warhammer-world-share-ace-blood-bowl-teams/

GW is once again putting the Bloodbowl rulebook for download.
Even bigger are the teams. Old fashioned kitbashing. Something I haven't seen GW do in a very long time.
The dark eldar to dark elf team is actually I have been planning for a while (already have the box).

This scores some points with me.

I hadn't, and it IS refreshing.