Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:37:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696468
  • Total Topics: 118770
  • Online Today: 453
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1741644 times)

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #7140 on: August 12, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »
The skull pack is really good will definitely buy this for use with my skeletons

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7141 on: August 12, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »
I'm wondering if the new skull set might be a good source of replacement heads for my old plastic skellies. Though the original heads are part of the charm, a bit more variety wouldn't go amiss. I doubt I'd want to mix the originals with these new ones though.

Mixing in newer GW plastic skellies wouldn't look so out of place as well.

If I had the Vampire Counts/ Tomb Kings skellies I would definitely use these new skulls. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Skulls-2017

I was thinking if the bird skulls from this box could be a good way to add some variety to skeletons , sort of like undead beastmen/tzaangors .
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #7142 on: August 12, 2017, 01:26:40 PM »
A couple of the large horned skulls might work nicely on a skellie horse.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #7143 on: August 12, 2017, 01:33:22 PM »

I really like it! 8)

Can you not imagine it with a red and gold/brass colour scheme, with someone to a similar name of Glash Fordon flying it? Actually the black makes it look as if it's out of the old B/W Flash Gordon programmes....but at 85 squid though..... :o

Flash Gordon or even maybe Dune? It has that mechanical worm look!

Good call  8)

Almost good enough to make me buy it  ;)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #7144 on: August 12, 2017, 02:18:43 PM »

I really like it! 8)

Can you not imagine it with a red and gold/brass colour scheme, with someone to a similar name of Glash Fordon flying it? Actually the black makes it look as if it's out of the old B/W Flash Gordon programmes....but at 85 squid though..... :o

Flash Gordon or even maybe Dune? It has that mechanical worm look!

I keep looking at it for 15mm as a massive drop ship type thing - I like a science fantasy vibe to my Sci Fi and this looks like it'd be grand to deliver an evil group of baddies.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #7145 on: August 12, 2017, 04:34:25 PM »
Personally I love it...but in a Pulpish-sort of way. Looks like something a Pulp-Era Batman could use  :D

I can see it being used in a Judge Dreddesque-setting. Like the design, the price not so much.
Leadhead

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7146 on: August 12, 2017, 07:41:54 PM »
Some extra info on the new 40k RPG.
Announced on warhammer community but the new publisher have out out some info .
http://www.ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory-faq/?fref=gc

"What is Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Wrath & Glory?
Wrath & Glory is an officially licensed, brand-new roleplaying game set in the universe of Warhammer 40,000.

How is it related to the 8th edition of the tabletop miniatures game Warhammer 40,000?
The events that are occurring in the Dark Imperium of Warhammer 40,000 8th edition forms the central backdrop for Wrath & Glory. Characters adventuring into the Dark Imperium witness firsthand the dire threat that the Great Rift brings to the galaxy.

What does it have to do with the FFG RPGs?
Wrath & Glory is an entirely separate game line from Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and the other RPGs developed by Fantasy Flight Games.

What system does Wrath & Glory use?
Wrath & Glory has a brand-new game system involving dice pools of d6s to represent your character’s abilities. The game focuses on highlighting brutal combat, fast action, and a deep immersion into the setting of the 41st Millennium.

What is the focus of Wrath & Glory’s game line?
Wrath & Glory allows players to take on the roles of characters from the Warhammer 40,000 setting, including intrepid agents of the Imperium of Man and even some of the classic alien races that populate the galaxy.

What are the first Wrath & Glory products?
The game line begins with one core rulebook that contains everything you need to get started in the grim darkness of the far future.

What else is on the horizon for Wrath & Glory?
Future releases in the Wrath & Glory line feature campaigns that revolve around distinct elements of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, each campaign focusing on a different experience."

Sounds like it could be fun. I like pool systems, And I really like GWs new pattern of partnering with smaller but well regarded companies. spreading their third party support to multiple parties that can dedicate more time to it rather than just handing it over warts and all to FFG could be one of the best things for their third party IP.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7147 on: August 13, 2017, 11:00:45 AM »
Necromunda is back baby! More info and two escher and goliath sculpts in the link!

www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #7148 on: August 13, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »
Necromunda is back baby! More info and two escher and goliath sculpts in the link!

www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

Very nice, never thought I'd see the day. Quite like the preview sculpts as well.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #7149 on: August 13, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #7150 on: August 13, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »
By the sounds of it the rules have been updated too. No movement, shooting etc phases. Good!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #7151 on: August 13, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »

Wooo-Hoooo!

Plastic kits of gangers too.
 :D :D

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #7152 on: August 13, 2017, 11:56:57 AM »
Getting happier with GW al the time...  a weird (and somewhat nostalgic) feeling

Let's now jus hope that GW won't "miscalculate" demand, if a starter box will come out, or pull that limits stunt that they did with Shadow War once more....

My wallet though, is less happy, and sincerily hopes that other rumours such as a rerelease of dark future will be proven untrue and also that there will be no further warhammer quest, horus heresy or other skirmish game boxes (it already sort of accepted necromunda and shadesspire and reserves have been built up)....
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #7153 on: August 13, 2017, 12:11:22 PM »
Well my Facebook, instagram and snapchat are all just flooded with necromunda hype. Dakka dakka has since more  rules into and unpaid plastic pics.
Release is October.

I'm starting to feel bad for other companies that try to announce things ahead of release. Every time you think games workshop are going to have a quiet period between big releases they drop some news about an upcoming big release and suddenly a large amount of potential hobby money is all but thrown their way.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7154 on: August 13, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »
Man, GW are really doing awesome stuff now. I am pretty damn excited for this. Post-Apoc/2000AD fans should be too; multipart plastic gangers!

Fingers crossed for my old Ratskin buddies returning!