Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1733992 times)

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #1230 on: July 29, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
I love the way every statement that comes from GW always contains the idea that they invented pretty much everything and are experts in everything else. Any real experts who disagree with them are wrong.

It reminds me of the old gag about the atheist who dies and has led such a model life, he finds himself at the gates of heaven. St Peter looks a little embarrassed and says, "Look, I know you're not religious, but you now have to choose what section to spend eternity in."

The man is given a tour of heaven - in one beautiful section are the Muslims, in another the Christians, in yet another the Jews. Each zone is wonderful to look at and filled with music, the people inside happy and smiling.

Then they reach an enormous concrete wall reaching up as high as he can see. In every language known to mankind are notices urging absolute silence. The man turns to St Peter with a puzzled expression.

St Peter beckons him closer and mutters in a tiny whisper, "Sshhhh, that's the Catholics, they have to think they're the only ones here."
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #1231 on: July 29, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
I love the way every statement that comes from GW always contains the idea that they invented pretty much everything and are experts in everything else. Any real experts who disagree with them are wrong.

It reminds me of the old gag about the atheist who dies and has led such a model life, he finds himself at the gates of heaven. St Peter looks a little embarrassed and says, "Look, I know you're not religious, but you now have to choose what section to spend eternity in."

The man is given a tour of heaven - in one beautiful section are the Muslims, in another the Christians, in yet another the Jews. Each zone is wonderful to look at and filled with music, the people inside happy and smiling.

Then they reach an enormous concrete wall reaching up as high as he can see. In every language known to mankind are notices urging absolute silence. The man turns to St Peter with a puzzled expression.

St Peter beckons him closer and mutters in a tiny whisper, "Sshhhh, that's the Catholics, they have to think they're the only ones here."

hello there joke, consider yourself stolen.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline redeaston

• Bookworm
« Reply #1232 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:40 AM »
The preamble just seems really unprofessional to me. Kind of reads to me as basically "Go away I know best". Unfortunately the numbers prove they don't.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #1233 on: July 29, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »
The preamble just seems really unprofessional to me. Kind of reads to me as basically "Go away I know best". Unfortunately the numbers prove they don't.

Well the numbers prove that they are still turning a profit.we don't know if their costs have gone up recently, what with the godly levels of website money and increased investment in plastic over resin.they didn't make as much as last year or the year before, but i don't could 12 million profit as any kind of loss.still very much in the black.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #1234 on: July 29, 2014, 12:17:33 PM »
Grab as much as they can before going bust?

Seems like that has been the mantra for several years now and surprisingly (for them as well possibly) they're still here  o_o

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #1235 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »
hello there joke, consider yourself stolen.

Also stolen, well borrowed :) Great joke and does sound a lot like games workshop haha  lol
.: Logan's band of survivors of the battle of Ursun's teeth :.

For blog posts with more info here.....
http://let-the-galaxy-burn-again.blogspot.co.uk/
And the vlogs here....
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzyMQNtc1ANwIbEN80M-gwA

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #1236 on: July 29, 2014, 06:16:05 PM »

[/quote]

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1237 on: July 29, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »

That reminds me of this section from the speech:

"Our market is a niche market made up of people who want to collect our miniatures. They tend to be male, middle-class, discerning teenagers and adults. We do no demographic research, we have no focus groups, we do not ask the market what it wants. These things are otiose in a niche."

"What will not change is the eternal desire for some always to want yet more of the small, jewel-like objects of magic and wonder that we call Citadel miniatures."

Who needs customer feedback?! The all-seeing, all-knowing GW scoffs at you!

Seriously, the blithering idiocy in those two passages is staggering..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:20:52 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #1238 on: July 29, 2014, 10:15:01 PM »
That last quote really is a rofl moment  lol

Sublime ignorance to the point of perfection  lol

cheers

James

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
« Reply #1239 on: July 29, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »
Well it seems this is not a spoof. Truly some strange stuff in there.

I will get working on my letter to the board. I have so many ideas for what I will do when I am CEO
 lol

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #1240 on: July 30, 2014, 12:48:39 AM »
holy... looks like there is no Light at the End of the Tunnel when reading Statements like these:

Quote: 
it will just mean that we can cut yet more cost out of the supply chain and be making good margins selling Citadel 3-D printers.

best Part:

"I said, ‘we recruit for attitude and not for skill’. It is what makes us great"

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #1241 on: July 30, 2014, 12:59:38 AM »
holy... looks like there is no Light at the End of the Tunnel when reading Statements like these:

Quote: 
it will just mean that we can cut yet more cost out of the supply chain and be making good margins selling Citadel 3-D printers.

best Part:

"I said, ‘we recruit for attitude and not for skill’. It is what makes us great"

This just makes me sad tbh, looks like this titantic is still being steered right towards the iceberg.  :/

Happy to have all my old stuff which continues to give me a nostalgic buzz every time i pick it up . Here's to past glories.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1242 on: July 30, 2014, 02:44:44 AM »
Thats a screamingly funny excerpt. Gosh, what can anyone even say to such statement makers that will get through their reality barriers?

Captain our logic bombs are just bouncing off the scaly hide of GW's monstrous ego like ping pong balls!

Apparently, another leak revealed a picture of the incoming replacement CEO:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:46:38 AM by FramFramson »

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #1243 on: July 30, 2014, 10:00:55 AM »
I'm still boggling over the £4 million they paid for a website redo. That's just insanity.
Multi-lingual and with an open engine to add content that isn't based on any vialable platform? Yes, I can see that it would cost that amount. It will take a large amount of man hours to fulfil this project.
I'm more surprised to see that people still believe one can get a functioning and alright looking website for 100 quid since it's the neighbourhood boy doing those www's and codez...

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #1244 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »
Multi-lingual and with an open engine to add content that isn't based on any vialable platform? Yes, I can see that it would cost that amount. It will take a large amount of man hours to fulfil this project.
I'm more surprised to see that people still believe one can get a functioning and alright looking website for 100 quid since it's the neighbourhood boy doing those www's and codez...

Oh no, i know they cost alot, but 4 MILLION. 400 thousand ,1 million, maybe, but 4? really?