Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694585
  • Total Topics: 118618
  • Online Today: 644
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1733987 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #3000 on: May 30, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
I have to say I like the look of the double handed chainsword "eviscerator". Still same old marines though.
Upgrade packs, good idea too.

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3001 on: May 30, 2015, 01:11:08 PM »
I have to say I like the look of the double handed chainsword "eviscerator".
I find the large, wraparound handguard on it quite clunky and unattractive... Especially as there seems to be no parts-breakup or molding reason for it. It feels a bit like "can't be bothered"-design.
I am, however, quite happy that the lumps of stone stuck to their feet are entirely optional.

The upgrade packs are a great idea, let's hope they make more than just those four... Those chapters have plenty of bits already.
Space Marines could use a bit of diversity.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #3002 on: May 30, 2015, 02:02:33 PM »
Check this out!  An RC Baneblade custom job from Russia...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:48:46 PM by Too Bo Coo »
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3003 on: May 30, 2015, 02:35:50 PM »
Thanks Zemjw! I've put my order in and I'm going to try these out! Thanks again for the help!

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #3004 on: May 30, 2015, 11:05:55 PM »

Rosemary's brushes for me these days. Better than the W&N ones I have, and half the cost. Plus, they arrive within about five minutes of placing the order (well, not quite, but not far off it)
[/quote]

Yep 100% agree that Rosemary & Co brushes are the best for their pricepoint, been using them and nothing but for the last year. If you look after them and use brush soap once in awhile they should last a few while (I'm lazy so had to replace mine heh)

These are the range I get:

http://www.rosemaryandco.com/acrylic-brushes/red-sable-blend-acrylic/pointed-sable-mixture

- Chico

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #3005 on: May 31, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »
Just to make GW's prices seem reasonable, a W&N Series 7 size 10 has a rrp of £219.30 :o item at bottom of link

Probably about the right size for vehicles, so perhaps that'll be next on their list ;D

Offline redeaston

• Bookworm
« Reply #3006 on: June 02, 2015, 09:32:43 AM »
Rosemary & Co for me as well. They last me ages and they paint very well.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #3007 on: June 02, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
So, new SM assault squad, an upgrade frame for each codex, and a transfers sheet for each codex...

The assault squad is nice enough (some derp-face heads though :( ), but expensive as usual. I have no idea why they can't make 10-man squads like they do with the tacticals. At least this time the squad comes with all the options in the book, plus a new one - the eviscerator (which I really don't like the look of). Strangely, only one lightning claw included - even though you can take just one as an option, I would have still expected a pair?

The upgrade sprues are relatively expensive too, but look like they have some useful parts. The BA sprue even comes with a chalice for a Sanguinary Priest, and I can see the Ultra sprue being popular for those wishing to build an Honour Guard squad for their hero. The DA and SW sprues are cool enough, but I don't really feel they add a whole lot to what was available before.

The transfer sheets are nice, even for £15, and look like they include complete banner designs on them. As somebody with a DA army, having transfers for all the banners is frankly worth the price for not having to paint each one freehand!

I wonder if we will eventually see other upgrade sprues for Imperial/Crimson Fists, Black Templars, Raven Guard, Iron Hands, etc. I can see these being extremely popular cross-chapter if they stick with the current £8 format (an Iron Hands one with lots of bionics for example would be super).

I likewise wonder if we will see this rolled out for Chaos as well (for some if not all the traitor legions), and even if we will see something similar for Eldar craftworlds or Ork klans? Probably not, but then again I think they'd be really popular as a way of letting people indulge an interest in a themed squad or two even if they don't collect an army.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #3008 on: June 03, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »
Some photos surfaced on the interwebs showing a poster advertising the "Age of Sigmar" Arriving Jul 11, with preorders on July 4.  Sounds like 9th edition is only a month away.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #3009 on: June 03, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »
The rumour mill is hinting it's a board game, not a 9th Edition thing. But who knows.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #3010 on: June 03, 2015, 11:54:45 AM »
But who knows.

Nobody outside of GW management! That's the problem. :) Too many GW fans getting frustrated by treading water, or spinning their wheels, or sumpthin', since GW went all secretive about their release schedule. (Chapterhouse's fault, apparently)

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #3011 on: June 03, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »
(Chapterhouse's fault, apparently)

Well, ironically, if GW were more up-front about their coming releases, their customers might be more inclined to wait for the official models. Of course, if they have no idea what might be coming or when, then you can't blame people for thinking "oh fuck it, I'll buy these other models now instead".

I've also seen this week blurry pictures of a plastic Dark Angels chaplain and a generic Terminator Librarian. Both are nice enough, but now I await sticker shock and subsequent resuscitation when the details are all eventually confirmed officially. If they are not too outrageous, I may even be tempted!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #3012 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
GW related, I stumbled upon this earlier in the week - the description was very entertaining!

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #3013 on: June 03, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »
GW related, I stumbled upon this earlier in the week - the description was very entertaining!

I love this guy.  :D

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
« Reply #3014 on: June 03, 2015, 02:34:18 PM »
 lol

I will also ship this piece of crap anywhere internationally for free, yes that includes Russia and Italy where the postal workers are such a bunch of thieves and so crooked and bent they’d sell their own mothers’ teeth while they sleep. I’m that confident that even they won’t want this and thus deliver it to destination so they may laugh at the individual who has been so gloriously mugged of with this piece of old bollox.

The end Times – so shit even GW won’t take it  back.

Please end my misery and buy this white elephant.  Naturally ebay will use that elf helmet and road drill on me with their charges and then paypal will do the same, so its priced accordingly in an attempt to make the pain when I sit down half bearable.

Cultist#83