Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Australians for Kokoda in 28mm  (Read 6467 times)

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
  • Maker and enthusiast for most things 20-28mm.
Australians for Kokoda in 28mm
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
Hey All,

WarTime Miniatures have decided to launch an official Group Build/Funding project to produce a range of 28mm WWII Australians for Kokoda (with several packs suitable for later). Please take a look, everything is explained and if this project is for you then jump on board and take advantage of the good discounts on offer for contributing.

http://wartimeminiatures.com.au/index.php?cPath=90

regards
Mathew

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
Re: Australians for Kokoda in 28mm
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:35 AM »
And a pic of the first figure:

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »
Looking good. Who is the sculptor and will these fit with other ranges? I seem to recall you were behind those lovely Ian Mountain sculpted Light Horse, which were, alas, tiny compared to BrigadeGames mounted ALH
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »
why does this always happen to me, just brought a whole pile of perry's to use for this.....
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline folnjir

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »
Looks very interesting, keeps us updated as you go.

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 03:27:59 PM »
The figures will be done by Company D Miniatures based in the UK.

These figures should fit nicely with most other ranges. They are 28mm from base of foot to eyes.

This range is also different from all others of this nature in that the range will create specific Militia figures for this campaign in their mixed equipment including a Lewis Gun! 14 of which were used with the initial deployment up the track. The figures overall are intended to capture the rugged nature of the environment and sometimes ragged look of the troops who fought there. 4 of the packs will also suit nicely for later jungle Campaigns as well.

I am also happy to say that Pack 2 has been opened which is a great start!

regards
Mathew

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 09:57:36 PM »
Thanks Mathew for the post. Should be quite popular with gamers who wish to game this unique campaign.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 02:10:25 AM »
Maybe it's Bruce Ruxton, our most famous member of the Catering Corps? The stick would come in handy for shooing people off the lawn or just stirring the pot.  :)

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 07:36:40 AM »
Thanks Mathew for the post. Should be quite popular with gamers who wish to game this unique campaign.

Cheers,

Helen

Thanks Helen. There is some unique figures planned which I am sure will help capture the ranges intent nicely.

There is also an NCO pack of 3 figures to be added.

Thanks for the other constructive comments as well.

regards
Mathew

Offline starkadder

• Mad Scientist
  • I'm just going outside...
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:42:05 AM »
Not sold on these on that sculpt.

Best bloody fed and uniformed choco on the track that one. Does nothing to capture the feel of the campaign by just adding a walking stick.

I could be wrong but I suspect that it's Brigadier-General Potts in a tin hat. And he did use a stick a lot. I have absolutely no problem with that although some of the equipment is a bit over-scale (probably for moulding purposes).

It requires less mental effort to condemn than to think - Emma Goldman

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 09:19:31 AM »
will these scale ok with the Perry Brit's ??

cheers

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »
Quite simply he is a command figure. A couple more officer pics below. Officers did generally make a more of an effort to keep their uniform and equipment in as good a condition as possible. I see no major detour from the pics shown here.

If you have looked at the list and figure descriptions as has been posted, you will notice each figure has basic uniform and equipment described. There may be some minor changes as we deal with each figure specifically and start working the figure up.

It goes without saying every effort will be made to capture the look and feel as much as possible. The rest will be up to you and your paintbrush.  

This project has a laid out a time frame and that is with the sculptor already started. I hope everyone with an interest in the subject can help bring the project to life earlier than it may otherwise and with some decent discounts as a bonus!

regards
Mathew
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:34:19 PM by mathew@wartime »

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 05:40:30 AM »
Pack 3 of the 28mm WWII Australian Militia project has now been opened.

Pack 3. Riflemen 2
Figure 7: Rifleman advancing with rifle into shoulder. Helmet, Khaki Drill shorts and shirt, 37 webbing, boots/socks. .303 Bandolier slung across body.
Figure 8: Rifleman left foot forward, reloading rifle. Khaki Drill shorts and 37 webbing, helmet, boots/socks. Bedroll with cord over shoulder, Japanese entrenching tool hooked onto belt.
Figure 9: Rifleman advancing with rifle across body. Khaki Drill shorts and 37 webbing, helmet, boots/socks. .303 bandolier slung.

This is great news and due to some well above expected contributions by a few who believe in this range.

I hope more will get involved and see this range available by the set time frame as well as taking advantage of some great offers!

http://wartimeminiatures.com.au/index.php?cPath=90&osCsid=aa7413e9611643d01b2894536c1c0ba1

regards
Mathew

P.S: Work has begun on the 2nd Officer figure for pack 1.

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 10:14:25 AM »
I am very happy to say that Pack 5 is now opened!

This is great news and this 5th pack helped in a large part by a very generous contribution (the 2nd from this person).

I feel that we are now in a position to discuss further packs namely NCO's (3 figures), Vickers MMG and Medium Mortar (while not used much in the early stages of Kokoda due to weight/encumbrance).

I also had a suggestion for Boyes ATR and Sticky Bomb pack (3 figures) who if in Khaki would suit early desert and allow players to field complete forces for their gaming (Sticky bombs were also used in Milne Bay and Wau).

The NCO pack I consider essential and as mentioned, while not strictly Kokoda the last 3 packs certainly allow you to round off your collection.

So please post your suggestions for the further packs including look, pose etc and we can add these to the list.

There is further discussion here:

http://www.ozwargaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=6123&p=38056#p38056

regards
Mathew

P.S I will have some pics of the 2nd officer figure in the next couple of days as well and the masters for the SMLE and Lewis shortly which when moulded/cast will move things along more noticeably.

Offline mathew@wartime

• Bookworm
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 07:36:59 AM »
Hey All

Here is a couple of pics of the next master. Please let me know what you think either by posting here or send me an email/message.

I have the Lewis and Enfield masters now and will have them to the mould maker by weeks end.

www.wartimeminiatures.com.au  for full details and contribution options.

regards
Mathew